What's new

Amir Khan Vs. Lamont Peterson Fight @ Washington DC -- 10 December

Because he's considered a "pakii" by racist people.

Damn it, give us a break. Racists people everywhere and even Pakistanis called themself 'Pakii''.

Could be his religion or he Pakistani but i think they jealous he drives flash cars etc and still lives in Bolton.

Amir Khan loses to Lamont Peterson | Mail Online

Check out the comments left by some english people i was reading this article b4

I don't see some bad comments by Britishers, just making fun comments. Thank you for the link and more pictures!

article-2072673-0F229FA900000578-578_634x460.jpg

:cheers:

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

article-2072673-0F229FBD00000578-921_634x417.jpg

article-2072673-0F22A16D00000578-41_634x477.jpg

article-2072673-0F22A9A100000578-296_634x385.jpg

It seems to me, Khan is doing good job!

Wait for round 2 this time i hope it's in Vegas neutral for both fighters will be a top rematch

He is still our champion.Whole PAKISTAN is proud of him.He will not give up b/c he has KASHMIRI blood in his veins and his roots are in PAKISTAN.PAKISTAN ZINDABAD:pakistan:

Khan is just great hes a world class boxer i always look upto him so what if he lost cant wait for the rematch..Him and Manny are my favorites

the fact that he (Peterson) agreed to a re-match is testament to the fact that maybe even HE agrees that this referee was one biased mother-fcuker and to reduce that many points (the game-changer) on him is RIDICULOUS

the crowd also added to the whole thing; though we Khan supporters did come out in decent numbers and showed solidarity.

"MARCH 31, 2012 KHAN V.S PETERSON REMATCH CONFIRMED."

Khan wants Peterson rematch on March 31 in Vegas | fightfranchise.com

It already looks a near certainty that Amir Khan and Lamont Peterson will fight a rematch following their controversial fight last night in Washington, D.C. A Khan camp member said they wanted the fight to take place in Las Vegas on March 31.

Khan, who lost his WBA & IBF junior-welterweight titles to Peterson after being deducted two points controversially, was far from happy with both the performance of referee Joseph Cooper and the scoring judges, questioning the fairness of those involved at the post-fight press conference, and promoters Golden Boy have released a statement demanding answers.

The statement said: “Following the decision in the fight, Team Khan and Golden Boy Promotions intends to make inquiries with the District of Columbia Boxing and Wrestling Commission, the IBF and the WBA regarding the performance of referee Joseph Cooper and will also be seeking clarification regarding certain ambiguities with respect to the scores of the fight.

“We look forward to an immediate rematch with Lamont as confirmed by Lamont and his manager/trainer Barry Hunter.”

WASHINGTON — Amir Khan's camp said on Sunday that the British boxer plans an inquiry with sanctioners over the performance of referee Joe Cooper and ringside judges after his controversial loss to Lamont Peterson.

Khan said after Saturday's majority decision defeat in Washington that he felt robbed of a rightful triumph and has put his plans to move up to the welterweight ranks on hold until he can fight a rematch against the American.

Hometown hero Peterson, once a homeless youth on the streets of Washington, edged Britain's Khan by majority decision on Saturday to take the International Boxing Federation and World Boxing Association light-welterweight crowns.

Referee Joe Cooper deducted points from Khan for pushing in the seventh and 12th rounds and those proved the difference in a fight where two judges saw Peterson a 113-112 winner and the third gave it to Khan 115-100.

"It was like I was in there against two people, the referee and Lamont," Khan said.

"I had to push him away because he was coming in so low with his head. There was nothing I could do. It was either push him away or get head-butted."

On Sunday, Team Khan and Golden Boy Promotions issued a statement in which they outlined plans to challenge the verdict in the US capital, seldom a scene for world title bouts.

"Team Kahn and Golden Boy Promotions intend to make inquiries with the District of Columbia Boxing and Wrestling Commission, the IBF and the WBA regarding the performance of referee Joseph Cooper and will also be seeking clarification regarding certain ambiguities with respect to the scores of the fight," the promoters said.

The result took longer than normal after the final round to announce and when it was finally uttered, the score from the judge who favored Khan was not that which appeared on the judge's scorecard.

"I can see why there hasn't been a big fight in Washington in the last 20 years, because of decisions like this," Khan said.

The major complaint will be over Cooper's decision to take points from Khan. There was a warning in the seventh and when Khan used his right forearm to shove back Peterson at the end of the round, Cooper took a point.

That call was a rarity in itself. But then Khan was called for a pushing foul again 70 seconds into the final round in what turned out to be the deciding moment of the fight.

All three judges scored the 12th round for Khan and had Khan received full points for the round, the fight would have been a majority draw and Khan would have retained his titles.

Instead, the focus became Cooper and an electrifying bout was overshadowed by its tainted outcome and the rematch both fighters want early in 2012.

"I would definitely give him a rematch," Peterson said. "Why not? He gave me a chance."

Khan replied, "I'm ready for a rematch. The sooner the better. I'm staying at 140 (pounds) for one more fight because I want this rematch. I want it straight away. I want my two titles back.
"I know I won that fight and I think everybody else knows I won it too."

Khan challenged Peterson to fight him in England but said at the very least he wants a venue more familiar with major fights such as Las Vegas.

"Sometimes you get these bad decisions," Khan said. "You come back stronger."

AFP: Khan plans inquiry into ref and judges after loss

Amir-Khan-docked-point-v-Lamont-Peterson-2011_2689585.jpg

ive been reviewing the whole fight...refreshing it in my head

f*ck that ref

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/BoxingCombatant#p/u/8/AiM6YXwzUgg[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/BoxingCombatant#p/u/7/pkPdiPrp4yY[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/BoxingCombatant#p/u/6/XzVhNk2iD1A[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/BoxingCombatant#p/u/5/ySFa2iF_wfM[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Amir khan is gr88 fighter.... this pushing penalty was freakin nonsense...

Some really interesting revelations by Amir Khan on twiiter about the fight against Peterson, Check it out on his twitter page. The pictures he has linked clearly show how some random dude is interfering with the judges during the fight. To prove the pictures are not fake he has given the link to fight video as well. Check this out guys!

Twitter: Amir Khan
Start of with the tweets from "13 hours ago"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4cJLcjlTrM
"watch the fight from 9.10 seconds of this video . ther is a guy wearing a grey suit with a blue shirt wearing a hat"

This article sums up what Khan has just stated on twitter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...-raises-fresh-doubts-Lamont-Peterson-win.html

Back
Top Bottom