What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

So , no one expects India to attack , or shall we say no one will expect US using the same move from our eastern side and attacking inside Pakistan on Punjab Taliban or any other so called "banned organization" compounds.

So they can sleep as well?
India is not on the Western border is she?

Again, the posts would probably only need a few guards on duty at night, on rotation, to detect any potential Taliban infiltration or attack.

I posted this just to prove that they are apologizing because they were on mistake.

fire 2 shaheens on bagram air base and say soryy lets see what happen then .sorry is BS noting more .they yesterday check our behave after same old drama of supply and shamsi they got it there puppets done the job now they dont give any damn to pakistan . you think they are worry ? lolz they know kiyani geelani zardari well NATO us is not worry nor have any problem 100% because they know it. if any other country may be they close US embassy close all relations and kick out USA but we are not a nation but team of beggars .

I think the reporter doesnt have a good grasp of English language.. Munter has just regretted the deaths.. Not apologized for NATO causing them

He must not regret the deaths if we attacked them first but he knows that's not the case that is why he regret.

These apologies mean nothing. The other day BBC was airing one documentary which claimed that by 2006 it became clear to the US that Pakistan was double crossing the US forces in Afghanistan. It claimed that Pakistan's ISI was secretly aiding the Afghan Talibans against the US and NATO forces in Afghanistan. BBC would not make a documentary regarding such an issue and then air it had it not been the official US stand. The implication of it is grave, the US forces will willingly attack Pakistani forces and then apologize to negate the possible consequence.

please sir please they are on and threat can come from up down left right .now these small things have to teach them by civil? NATO bomb them 5 times before this attack still they think no one is coming from air? very very funny

This is a border post - NATO conducts operations all along the border through its air assets, and most of them don't need to cross into Pakistan to attack positions in Pakistan, given the standoff weapons they possess. So barring building up these 'border posts' into full fledged bases with advanced air defense capabilities, how could this attack have been prevented?

Please try and think about the constraints and issues involved (in terms of a response by the soldiers at the border posts) rationally and logically - NATO called in air support and the choppers and jets launched missiles and bombs, probably from the Afghan side of the border - how do you stop those bombs and missiles at that point?

we didnot expect u.s will come and attack on abbotabad they did it and it is not the 1st time it happened

i believe they r trained for worst case scenario

to tell u the truth i always have my doubts about their professionalism ( many incidents )

TARIQ

That's what disappoint me of their lack disciplines. Imagine, 28-30 soldiers sit idly and didn't fire at the helicopters? there was no air-response from Pakistan Airforces to protect these soldiers. How pathetic. I am correct, their option is to keep silence and do nothing.

Oh wait, Pakistan Military is one of the best military powerful in the world! :pakistan:

Let's add 28 martyers to the lists of soldiers death which will be 5000 soon and 40,000 civilians deaths.

Pakistan Armed Forces should be put on high alert.

If even a cute fu#king bird flies from Afghanistan into Pakistan border, blow the fu#k out of it.

:sniper:

For all we know, it's probably one of those bird-like drones..lol

ISLAMABAD: The United States (US) has apologized Pakistan over NATO attack on a checkpost and announced for a joint investigation regarding the attack,

US Ambassador Cameron Munter’s apology statement has been issued here.

In the statement he said that he heard about the attack from media and is sorry to know about loss of lives in the attack.

Munter said the US and Pakistan will jointly investigate the issue

US apologizes Pakistan over NATO attack
That's not the apology.

If I feel sorry for the dead and their families doesn't mean that I'm apologizing. They are yet to investigate the issue.

This is a border post - NATO conducts operations all along the border through its air assets, and most of them don't need to cross into Pakistan to attack positions in Pakistan, given the standoff weapons they possess. So barring building up these 'border posts' into full fledged bases with advanced air defense capabilities, how could this attack have been prevented?

Please try and think about the constraints and issues involved (in terms of a response by the soldiers at the border posts) rationally and logically - NATO called in air support and the choppers and jets launched missiles and bombs, probably from the Afghan side of the border - how do you stop those bombs and missiles at that point?

ok after 5 times attacked what pakistan did for secure guys from air? nothing even after this bloody attack what pakistan did? nothing keep them on mercy of nato us? very nice if pakistan did something today apache was down .these companies have no any AA weapon even if they wake up what they can do is just run and hide ?

US vows full probe into Pakistan border incident

By ANDREW MIGA | AP

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration on Saturday pledged a full investigation into a NATO attack that allegedly killed 24 Pakistani troops.

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and Defense Secretary Leon Panetta in a joint statement offered their "deepest condolences" for the loss of life in the cross-border incident in Pakistan. Clinton and Panetta also said they "support fully NATO's intention to investigate immediately."

Secretary Clinton, Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and Gen. John Allen, commander of the NATO-led coalition forces in Afghanistan, each called their Pakistani counterparts as well, the statement said.

U.S. Ambassador to Pakistan Cameron Munter also met with Pakistani government officials in Islamabad.

"In their contacts, these US diplomatic and military leaders each stressed -- in addition to their sympathies and a commitment to review the circumstances of the incident -- the importance of the US-Pakistani partnership, which serves the mutual interests of our people," the statement said.

"All these leaders pledged to remain in close contact with their Pakistani counterparts going forward as we work through this challenging time," the statement concluded.

The incident was a major blow to American efforts to rebuild an already tattered alliance vital to winding down the 10-year-old Afghan war. It was the latest in a series of setbacks to the alliance, often caused by border incidents.

Islamabad called the bloodshed in one of its tribal areas a "grave infringement" of the country's sovereignty.

If confirmed, it would be the deadliest friendly fire incident by NATO against Pakistani troops since the Afghan war began a decade ago.

A NATO spokesman said it was likely that coalition airstrikes caused Pakistani casualties, but an investigation was being conducted to determine the details.

The relationship between Pakistan and the U.S. has severely deteriorated over the last year, especially following the covert American raid that killed Osama bin Laden in a Pakistani garrison town in May. Islamabad was outraged it wasn't told about the operation beforehand.

The border issue is a major source of tension between Islamabad and Washington, which is committed to withdrawing its combat troops from Afghanistan by the end of 2014.

Much of the violence in Afghanistan is carried out by insurgents who are based just across the border in Pakistan. Coalition forces are not allowed to cross the frontier to attack the militants. However, the militants sometimes fire artillery and rockets across the line, reportedly from locations close to Pakistani army posts.

the spin-selling has started!!!

Okay, well if NATO is doing these attacks from within the Afghan border, then we need to do the same from our borders. The worst thing that can happen to Pakistan is Pakistan going down without a fight. That would be the most humiliating defeat. We'll give out a sincere apology too. Sorry, we were trying to target "terrorists". Our technology is really bad compared to yours, sorry.

Definition of an apology:

Complete definition of apology
a written or spoken expression of one's regret, remorse, or sorrow for having insulted, failed, injured, or wronged another

Even I regret the loss of life here.. Does not mean I am apologizing..

I demand independent International probe, not US investigation probe. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom