What's new

"America is the best, it's number one in the world"

USA is not number 1 in everything.

Yes, but why are your replying to this post...are you somewhat afraid of what @VCheng will say.

I certainly am not. i know what the areas outside of big US cities where most of the population actually lives looks like (considering I live outside a US city) ..and it looks a lot nicer than the areas where the vast majority of Chinese live which also happens to be outside of Chinese cities. This is where the definition of "developed" starts to be fully grasped in terms of standard of living.

Last edited:
Average square footage for a US home is 2,200-2,400. I HIGHLY DOUBT Pakistan homes are larger and built to the same standard as American homes this size.

Pakistan has a PPP GDP per capita of 6,800. You’re out of your mind if you think Pakistani homes are built to the same standard as American homes.

GDP per capita and house design are two different things. And yeah a typical middle class Pakistani home is larger than it's typical American counterpart. Even on the inside, apparently houses in our part of the world are 30% larger internally. I even got a source claiming so.

Typical American home:

cool-american-home-garden.jpg

Typical Pakistani home:

9425513101_7714c89093_z.jpg

No it’s really not. IMF projections for 2023:

China-$19.4T
US- $26.9T
China is already the largest economy in GDP PPP.
But NOMINAL GDP is more important though.

You did know that, right redneck?

GDP per capita and house design are two different things. And yeah a typical middle class Pakistani home is larger than it's typical American counterpart. Even on the inside, apparently houses in our part of the world are 30% larger internally. I even got a source claiming so.

Typical American home:

cool-american-home-garden.jpg

Typical Pakistani home:

9425513101_7714c89093_z.jpg

I highly doubt that’s a typical Pakistani home. With a PPP GDP per capita of 6,800, I don’t see how the average Pakistani can afford a 2,500-3,000 square foot home unless the home itself is built to poor standards.

If this an upper middle to wealthier Pakistani home then you need to post a similar class of American home.

BDA07DE5-E6CA-47AC-AC73-5DA6B527F69E.jpeg

If you think American homes are small then you’ve never been to the American suburbs. I can find you plenty of castles.

I am surprised you are entertaining a comparison between Karachi and US cities.. :lol:

I am surprised you are entertaining a comparison between Karachi and US cities.. :lol:

If that’s a 2,500+ sq ft home above I’d love to see an appraisal. What would that sell for in dollars?

Yes, but why are your replying to this post...are you somewhat afraid of what @VCheng will say.

LOL. Let the naysayers be, for they affect nothing. Absolutely nothing.

My confidence in this country and its systems arises from a deep understanding created by moving in nearly all strata of this society from janitors to congresscritters and everyone in between from paupers to billionaires, and traveling all over in means from private jets to motorcycles for over a quarter century. Kid you not.

It will be a long, long, loooong time indeed before this country goes downhill, trust me. Commies in China have much more to worry about over the next few decades, regardless of their endless boasts on PDF.

Most Chinese on PDF are non-Communist idiots.

That's for sure.

When you walk down the street do you notice the homeless people on the footpath ?
:)
Not in the suburbs. The majority of people out here own their homes with a low percentage of it being rental units. The homeless people tend to be life-long renters in cities (64% of housing units in Boston are rentals) who are victims of landlord whims. It's just horrible.

This group "Habitat for Humanity" used to actually help people by buying homes for them and they got tons of charity money to do it...but of course the idiots eventually lost focus and started doing most of their work overseas :rolleyes1: ...so nobody gave them any money anymore and now they are just a shell of their former selves.
Habitat for Humanity. Good job at letting people like this down.

And dead bodies are there :
It doesn't say she was homeless. It just says she was overworked and feel asleep in a car and was overcome by fumes.

She was 32 years old and an immigrant from Portugal.
This is not the best situation to be in. Likely no degree, barely speaks English, and no ingrained street smarts on how the US works.

This is why the US now tries to restrict immigration to people with degrees. 120 years ago people stepped off the boat with nothing into the US and were put to work in factories and even with that most lived not a great life. Fast-forward to 2023 and you try and do the same you are going to live just as miserable a life as those in 1903.

Last edited:
:rolleyes1: That's an obvious Canadian style house. Try again.

The median home size in the US is 2,300 sq ft and most people live in the suburbs.
ignore the swimming pool

Canadian and American homes are identical on average. Unless I am missing something.

The house in the pic you posted is small. Why don't you search for images of Pakistani houses instead of taking my word for it?

BTW this is a lower income house. As in near poor. How does the American equivalent compare to it size wise?

IMG_1715.JPG

I highly doubt that’s a typical Pakistani home. With a PPP GDP per capita of 6,800, I don’t see how the average Pakistani can afford a 2,500-3,000 square foot home unless the home itself is built to poor standards.

If this an upper middle to wealthier Pakistani home then you need to post a similar class of American home.

View attachment 931301

That's still small by Pakistani standards. This includes the spacial design of the house. It is still about 30% smaller than houses in our part of the world.

The property premise space is more or less the same on average.

Last edited:

It can still compare if not for enormous population. In terms of spacial design, cities in Asia, Middle East, Africa outclass North American cities.

Karachi is overpopulated, so it faces other sorts of issues. But in terms of special design, it does not follow the Western European model of condensed urban design.

I had an Egyptian tenant who stated the same adding "and they call us third world."

Canadian and American homes are identical on average. Unless I am missing something.

Well not this particular style. You can at least try and grab a pic of a US style home off a US website not this Canadian one.

These three fine brick houses sit on the 600 block of Saskatchewan Avenue, the main drag of Portage la Prairie, MB

You are still wasting your time.

LOL tell that to all the Americans who lived in Karachi and other Pakistani cities. They'd rent out their small American houses and rent larger houses in KDA, Defense Area etc.

Cost of living in Pakistan was lower so it attracted all sorts of expats from Europe, Asia, North America etc.

All the houses they rented in Defense, Clifton, KDA and other places were larger than their houses in America.

Back
Top Bottom