What's new

"America is the best, it's number one in the world"

Well not this particular style. You can at least try and grab a pic of a US style home off a US website not this Canadian one.

These three fine brick houses sit on the 600 block of Saskatchewan Avenue, the main drag of Portage la Prairie, MB

That's an American house according to the source. Canadian houses are the same design and size on average.

Yes upper class American homes are bigger but I'm comparing them to upper class Pakistani homes.

Likewise for middle income homes. The Pakistani counterparts are larger on average. Not just Pakistan but for much of the Middle East, Africa, Asia etc. That's my argument.

Canadian and American homes are identical on average. Unless I am missing something.

The house in the pic you posted is small. Why don't you search for images of Pakistani houses instead of taking my word for it?

BTW this is a lower income house. As in near poor. How does the American equivalent compare to it size wise?

IMG_1715.JPG

That's still small by Pakistani standards. This includes the spacial design of the house. It is still about 30% smaller than houses in our part of the world.

The property premise space is more or less the same on average.

That’s an upper middle class home, I’ve not gotten to the wealthy ones.

I could take you to castle after castle after castle. All of these are in the suburbs of Nashville, my home.

5D8BB456-53FE-45F2-B284-2FA75B866699.jpeg

1CF71521-8D5F-4427-85C2-B397534952B2.jpeg

443602C6-4D3A-4285-B251-B73553FFE324.jpeg

72F2B03D-F3F4-4AE9-8A98-922CD8151360.jpeg

EE50AA33-5A15-4B9F-A69D-1E53B4577129.jpeg

That’s an upper middle class home, I’ve not gotten to the wealthy ones.

I could take you to castle after castle after castle. All of these are in the suburbs of Nashville, my home.

Ok those are bigger. But they're still slightly smaller than their Pakistani counterparts. I also haven't gotten to roads and sidewalks yet.

Ok those are bigger. But they're still slightly smaller than their Pakistani counterparts. I also haven't gotten to roads and sidewalks yet.

These are 5,000-9,000 square foot homes. You are full of ****. :lol:

@Hamartia Antidote @F-22Raptor
Karachi in the 1970s. Do you think cities in our part of the world can be compared to American ones in terms of spacial design? Note the population was smaller back then:

There is a noticeable choice by your architects to make sure things are not crowded together. I believe you even have those huge European rotaries in some of your cities too.

There is a noticeable choice by your architects to make sure things are not crowded together. I believe you even have those huge European rotaries in some of your cities too.

It's not just my country. Urban planning in Eastern Europe, Middle East, Africa, much of Asia and South America value spacious designs, including for housing.

Western Europe, North America, Australia, New Zealand follow a more congested design- although back in the day some cities in Europe and the USA had spacious designs like ours.

although back in the day some cities in Europe and the USA had spacious designs like ours.

Well you kind of have to wonder how much of the wide open city designs in Pakistan were influenced by British and European architects. Remember the British got kicked out of the US in 1780 and we were not following the lead of Europe...especially when it came to their artistic eye of making beautiful fountains, elaborate open public plazas, and big wide streets where a parade could actually go by without people bumping elbows.

So Napolean was a heavy influencer in the design of wide streets and magnificient monuments in Europe and that was after they had left here.
Paris, ~1806 to ~1836

Last edited:
Well you kind of have to wonder how much of the wide open city designs in Pakistan were influenced by British and European architects. Remember the British got kicked out of the US in 1780 and we were not following the lead of Europe...especially when it came to their artistic eye of making beautiful fountains, elaborate open public plazas, and big wide streets where a parade could actually go by without people bumping elbows.

So Napolean was a heavy influencer in the design of wide streets and magnificient monuments in Europe and that was after they had left here.
Paris, ~1806 to ~1836
USA is not number 1 anymore in everything. European countries, and countries in the Far East have replaced USA in many ways.

Even a country like Brazil has replaced USA in certain aspects.

Gone are the days of American hegemony.

This 2023 and not 2001.

Last edited:
USA is not number 1 anymore in everything. European countries, and countries in the Far East have replaced USA in many ways.

Even a country like Brazil has replaced USA in certain aspects.

Gone are the days of American hegemony.

This 2023 and not 2001.

I am glad the rest of the world has done some introspection and finally gotten their sh*t together and have decided not to happily wallow in a pathetic perpetual 3rd world morass anymore.

I applaud those countries who have accomplished this. I hope you can applaud them all too.

Last edited:
"America is the best, it's number one in the world"

View attachment 931264
View attachment 931265
She looks like a pretty sad case IMO. Looked afraid to even admit she was Chinese American, was initially trying to identify as vaguely Asian. I think her proclamations about the USA being No 1 was more out of survival instinct to not be targeted where she was, Arizona can be deeply racist and White nationalist. Plus she is living on the streets so she is basically dealing with scum and insane criminals most of the time.

Also, given that she has only grew up in North America and has been homeless for a while, I doubt her point of reference is broad enough for her to really say anything substantial about the subject. Her proclamations seem to be made from a point of fear than anything else.

Well yes I agree. We were under British rule. Not to mention the Germans had urban planning like ours.

Washington actually looked like it could be the American capital. Now it looks even more third world than Islamabad.

According to Wiki, the Western bloc countries had a spacious urban planning but neo-liberals wanted to condense it.

Neo-liberals are a cancer everywhere they go. Or at least seem to be.

Back
Top Bottom