What's new

America and China: Another Big Powers Understanding in the Making?

Absolutely. The checks and balances in American system are great. I have seen even Canadians admiring that--and they otherwise often seem to hate America. I have lived considerable time in Canada too.

The great paradox of America, a country everybody professes to hate, but then wants to move to, or at least emulate. :D

The great paradox of America, a country everybody professes to hate, but then wants to move to, or at least emulate. :D
That’s because it is the empire. Empires wreak havoc and extract from its peripheral states but retain great wealth which attracts the plebeians of these countries that have been pillaged. Rome had slaves and subjects from many lands.

Empires wreak havoc and extract from its peripheral states but retain great wealth which attracts the plebeians of these countries that have been pillaged.

USA is not an empire. I am sure you would like to present some evidence to back up your claim. What has USA extracted from any country more than it has offered it?

USA is not an empire. I am sure you would like to present some evidence to back up your claim. What has USA extracted from any country more than it has offered it?
Are you serious? I’m not going to waste time providing information that is obvious and everywhere.

Are you serious? I’m not going to waste time providing information that is obvious and everywhere.

Ah yes. You obviously have no proof to back up your asinine presumptions. I will stop here.

Ah yes. You obviously have no proof to back up your asinine presumptions. I will stop here.
The US started as an empire by conquering the natives of the continental US, Hawaii and Alaska. It then conquered many other territories like Puerto Rico, Cubs and the Philippines. It is constantly destabilizing and overthrowing governments in order to control other countries for its corporate and strategic interests. The US has always been at war. What more proof do you need?

Incorrect. Please read history first before voicing out your ignorance.
How is that incorrect? Everything I’ve stated is historical fact. Stop trying to play the Pick and immigrant dude. It’s cringeworthy.

As I said in another thread, what kind of strategic direction America is going to take after pulling out from Afghanistan is the biggest riddle to me because that direction has deep consequences for large parts of the world, but especially for Pakistan's vicinity. Broadly speaking, will America go back to its isolationist self? Or will America truly go on a more confrontational role against China? Or will America see the Climate Change as the biggest calamity about to strike the world and dedicate its resources more toward that? Will America focus more on Geo-economics than Geopolitics?

And what makes these questions well worth asking is that, by all indications, Joe Biden is already a 'lame duck President' and he, knowing that, knows that his time is running out and he is free to make some Big Decisions which would not only make the world a better place but also cement his legacy. This guys has just stood his ground during the Afghanistan pull-out. He is fading away and would like to live in History as someone like an F. D. Roosevelt if not Lincoln. He might not want to settle as even a Regan. Time is not on his side--and that's good for the world!

Having made above observations, I'd like for us to watch this video where I have selected a part where Biden is approaching China for some Grand Bargain. This blogger maybe completely off but if he is right then much of what we will be seeing happening in global geopolitics would be just details! Basically, the video is claiming that in a 90 minute calls between Biden and Xi, there has been bargaining going on to divide various mega development projects in the Eurasian continent. So far no breakthrough but if there is breakthrough then I don't see how Pakistan won't benefit and how India won't weep! Big Powers throughout human history have made a lot of such Grand Bargains and often its only decades later History reveals those.

Biden is a continuation of Trump. Trump is continuation of Obama.
The US say she sees itself a pacific country she will gradually withdraw from other theaters and focus on the Far East. Especially China.
Read the thoughts of Hillary Clinton and John McCain.

How is that incorrect? Everything I’ve stated is historical fact. Stop trying to play the Pick and immigrant dude. It’s cringeworthy.

For example: Many powers were in North America even before USA was even formed. There was no invasion of Alaska, it was sold by Russia. US history is not any different that of all great nations throughout human history. You are simply ignorant, and a prejudiced one at that. I will no longer try to reduce your ignorance since it is not my problem but yours, clearly.

For example: Many powers were in North America even before USA was even formed. There was no invasion of Alaska, it was sold by Russia. US history is not any different that of all great nations throughout human history. You are simply ignorant, and a prejudiced one at that. I will no longer try to reduce your ignorance since it is not my problem but yours, clearly.
There were many colonial powers in the Americas, of which the US was one. This land was filled with Native Americans, they had to be conquered for the US to expand. You have also not even bothered to comment on the invasion and conquest of myriad countries throughout the pacific, Asia and Latin America let alone the constant policy of regime change and destabilization in order to control resources and gain strategic depth. If that’s not an empire, I don’t know what is.

Biden is a continuation of Trump. Trump is continuation of Obama.
The US say she sees itself a pacific country she will gradually withdraw from other theaters and focus on the Far East. Especially China.
Read the thoughts of Hillary Clinton and John McCain.

Well, Biden does seem like a continuation of Trump as far as I can see WRT to lesser involvement in foreign wars. Obama was a war monger by comparison! Look at what the British historian John Pilger says about the Democrats: In the past 50-60 years, Democrats have been 'more rapacious'. And Pilger is not a fan of conservatives, btw.
It remains to be seen which direction America is going to take once the dust from the Afghanistan exit settles. I had mentioned several possibilities in the OP of this thread. Even if there are 'grey areas' in between, they are still significantly different approaches with more far reaching consequences than other international events.

If anyone believes American presidents have more discretion than a figurehead is a fool...

The last president who attempted to break away from the stranglehold and control of the American establishment was Kennedy...and we all know what happened to him and his brother.

Well, Biden does seem like a continuation of Trump as far as I can see WRT to lesser involvement in foreign wars. Obama was a war monger by comparison! Look at what the British historian John Pilger says about the Democrats: In the past 50-60 years, Democrats have been 'more rapacious'. And Pilger is not a fan of conservatives, btw.
It remains to be seen which direction America is going to take once the dust from the Afghanistan exit settles. I had mentioned several possibilities in the OP of this thread. Even if there are 'grey areas' in between, they are still significantly different approaches with more far reaching consequences than other international events.
Obama did not start any wars. He pulled out of Iraq and set the deadline to get out of Afghanistan. Why call him a war monger?

Back
Top Bottom