What's new

America and China: Another Big Powers Understanding in the Making?

Related to this thread, as I see it, the 'Transatlantic Alliance' between America and Europe is on a path of attrition. I foresee Germany/France led moves by Europe to 'look east'. There are several factors involved here for that move: The recent Afghan withdrawal told Europe that they, once again, will have to deal with mass refugees from the wars in north Africa, the Middle East and Asia; that the Soviet Union is long gone and Russia is not the potent threat like Soviet Union was; that there is dwindling population growth for which qualified people are needed from the surplus parts of the world; that China is need a power which can really 'connect' Europe with human and natural resources of regions which hug the European continent.

Europe is not even a 'continent'. It is part of the EurASIAN continent. The regions are like conjoined twins. Religion, race, and culture, economic/trade benefits with being aligned with America, as well as the fear of the Soviets kept Europe away from its natural destinies. But they no longer apply. And I think, it is possible, the recent schism arising from the French anger over the Australia reneging on the purchase of submarines is the first vivid sign of a divide which, in my opinion, is inevitable.

As for China-America, I think the OP video sounds bogus about America dividing up the Eurasian continent between the two great powers in that 90 minute call between Xi and Biden, although we still really don't know what was discussed.

Without USA Nazi Germany beats the USSR
You need to unlearn what you have learned.

The Red Army was "the main engine of Nazism's destruction," writes British historian and journalist Max Hastings in "Inferno: The World at War, 1939-1945." The Soviet Union paid the harshest price: though the numbers are not exact, an estimated 26 million Soviet citizens died during World War II, including as many as 11 million soldiers. At the same time, the Germans suffered three-quarters of their wartime losses fighting the Red Army.

"It was the Western Allies' extreme good fortune that the Russians, and not themselves, paid almost the entire 'butcher's bill' for [defeating Nazi Germany], accepting 95 per cent of the military casualties of the three major powers of the Grand Alliance," writes Hastings.

The epic battles that eventually rolled back the Nazi advance -- the brutal winter siege of Stalingrad, the clash of thousands of armored vehicles at Kursk (the biggest tank battle in history) -- had no parallel on the Western Front, where the Nazis committed fewer military assets. The savagery on display was also of a different degree than that experienced farther west.

Source
How the Soviet Union helped save the world from Hitler during World War II

The Red Army was "the main engine of Nazism's destruction," writes British historian and journalist Max Hastings in "Inferno: The World at War, 1939-1945." The Soviet Union paid the harshest price: though the numbers are not exact, an estimated 26 million Soviet citizens died during World War II, including as many as 11 million soldiers. At the same time, the Germans suffered three-quarters of their wartime losses fighting the Red Army.

"It was the Western Allies' extreme good fortune that the Russians, and not themselves, paid almost the entire 'butcher's bill' for [defeating Nazi Germany], accepting 95 per cent of the military casualties of the three major powers of the Grand Alliance," writes Hastings.

The epic battles that eventually rolled back the Nazi advance -- the brutal winter siege of Stalingrad, the clash of thousands of armored vehicles at Kursk (the biggest tank battle in history) -- had no parallel on the Western Front, where the Nazis committed fewer military assets. The savagery on display was also of a different degree than that experienced farther west.

Source

Oh for crying out loud the only reason they were able to push the Nazis back is because the US/Allies supplied them with tanks,trains, trucks, electronics, gunpowder,and heavy machinery to get themselves back on their feet after having their entire Western industrial base demolished by the Nazis. What exactly were they giving us to help fight on the other front...NOTHING. Because they had nothing left to give.

Last edited:

Source

Without American help the Wehrmacht would have wiped out the Red Army. German army was fighting war on multiple fronts in 1942. If they concentrated on Soviet Union they win

Without outside help Japanese will be hitting China like a drum for a milenium

Oh for crying out loud the only reason they were able to push the Nazis back is because the US/Allies supplied them with tanks,trains, trucks, electronics, gunpowder,and heavy machinery to get themselves back on their feet after having their entire Western industrial base demolished by the Nazis. What exactly were they giving us to help fight on the other front...NOTHING. Because they had nothing left to give.

All contribute to the war. Did I said US didn't? Russian contribution was they broke the back of the Germany destroying 3 quarters of their army. That would be a big contribution, no ?

The Battle of Moscow also reminds us of a truth that many Americans do not know: It was the Soviet Union that made by far the biggest contribution to the defeat of Nazi Germany.

Source

Last edited:
All contribute to the war. Did I said US didn't? Russian contribution was they broke the back of the Germany destroying 3 quarters of their army. That would be a big contribution, no ?

The Battle of Moscow also reminds us of a truth that many Americans do not know: It was the Soviet Union that made by far the biggest contribution to the defeat of Nazi Germany.

Source

Hey I never said they did nothing. Obviously there was plenty of fighting in Russia with men and machinery drained.

I just said we were the ones helping them out with military equipment..not the other way around. I don't remember them sending equipment to the Western front to help bail our asses out. But we sent stuff to them on the eastern front that we certainly could have used on the western one to help our own men.

Last edited:

Source

Without American help the USSR loses to Nazi Germany in 1942. It is that simple. All those German losses from 1943-45 would not have happened.

With nukes in 1945 USA would wipe out Nazi Germany. We do not need the Soviet Union. How many nuclear bombs can German cities take ?

If USA stayed out of the war and the USSR was defeated the Japanese are going to hit Chinese like a drum for a long time. that is of course if you choose to resist. You can always polish the boots for a change.

Back
Top Bottom