What's new

America and China: Another Big Powers Understanding in the Making?

Meengla

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
As I said in another thread, what kind of strategic direction America is going to take after pulling out from Afghanistan is the biggest riddle to me because that direction has deep consequences for large parts of the world, but especially for Pakistan's vicinity. Broadly speaking, will America go back to its isolationist self? Or will America truly go on a more confrontational role against China? Or will America see the Climate Change as the biggest calamity about to strike the world and dedicate its resources more toward that? Will America focus more on Geo-economics than Geopolitics?

And what makes these questions well worth asking is that, by all indications, Joe Biden is already a 'lame duck President' and he, knowing that, knows that his time is running out and he is free to make some Big Decisions which would not only make the world a better place but also cement his legacy. This guys has just stood his ground during the Afghanistan pull-out. He is fading away and would like to live in History as someone like an F. D. Roosevelt if not Lincoln. He might not want to settle as even a Regan. Time is not on his side--and that's good for the world!

Having made above observations, I'd like for us to watch this video where I have selected a part where Biden is approaching China for some Grand Bargain. This blogger maybe completely off but if he is right then much of what we will be seeing happening in global geopolitics would be just details! Basically, the video is claiming that in a 90 minute calls between Biden and Xi, there has been bargaining going on to divide various mega development projects in the Eurasian continent. So far no breakthrough but if there is breakthrough then I don't see how Pakistan won't benefit and how India won't weep! Big Powers throughout human history have made a lot of such Grand Bargains and often its only decades later History reveals those.

@VCheng I think you know Urdu. After watching this video, what's your take on this video and/or the general direction America is going to take? You were pretty sure a few weeks ago that Pakistan and America should be able to work out some cooperative arrangement in Afghanistan, which I tend to agree with as of now.

@VCheng I think you know Urdu. After watching this video, what's your take on this video and/or the general direction America is going to take? You were pretty sure a few weeks ago that Pakistan and America should be able to work out some cooperative arrangement in Afghanistan, which I tend to agree with as of now.

The video is pretty moronic, as expected. And I remain sure that Pakistan and USA will find a mutually acceptable way forward over Afghanistan.
Joe Biden is already a 'lame duck President' and he, knowing that, knows that his time is running out and he is free to make some Big Decisions which would not only make the world a better place but also cement his legacy.

I wouldn't write off Biden just yet. It depends on his $3.5 trillion package, and the mid-term elections.

Last edited:
The video is pretty moronic, as expected. And I remain sure that Pakistan and USA will find a mutually acceptable way forward over Afghanistan.

If this blogger Imran Riaz Khan made this all up then shame on him! But if what is claiming in the video between Biden and Xi were to be a factual conversation then it would be a huge geopolitical development. I will look for more about this alleged talk online.
I do agree with you that it's likely Pakistan and America relationship going forward. We shall see soon... I think as soon as within next few weeks.

US has been restructuring it's forces for a possible island hopping campaign in SCS. There's also the fact that big defence companies will almost certainly lobby for another war.

I thinks it's already a little late for climate change.

If this blogger Imran Riaz Khan made this all up then shame on him! But if what is claiming in the video between Biden and Xi were to be a factual conversation then it would be a huge geopolitical development. I will look for more about this alleged talk online.
I do agree with you that it's likely Pakistan and America relationship going forward. We shall see soon... I think as soon as within next few weeks.

The relationship between Pakistan and the US is akin to a separated husband and wife without an actual divorce taking place. Their is no synergy between the two and the children out of wed lock will favor those who've been fed the most and taken care of as we've already seen the end result of Afghanistan, and with Sugar Daddy China coming into the picture things are more clear than before. But as I've said before Pakistan should angle the U.S. into confronting China at the earliest and egging it on, our actions during the 80's resulted in a uni-polar world and we need to bring about a multi-polar world.

The US is on no position to fight it out with China. So, they’re gonna negotiate….

Good news for Pak, and, consequentially, bad news for India…

The Taliban have shown how to negotiate with the USA 20 years past 9-11…..

The US is on no position to fight it out with China. So, they’re gonna negotiate….

Good news for Pak, and, consequentially, bad news for India…

The Taliban have shown how to negotiate with the USA 20 years past 9-11…..

What you post is closer to the OP in this thread. But we need to find out IF such a conversation between Biden and Xi indeed happened or not...

I wouldn't write off Biden just yet. It depends on his $3.5 trillion package, and the mid-term elections.

their problem right now is there is no $3.5 trillion and more printing is not an option, beside all the allies just nodded on 3.5 billion package and left and that was that. If there was a 3.5 trillion package then Biden wouldnt need to make 90 minute call to Xi.

What you post is closer to the OP in this thread. But we need to find out IF such a conversation between Biden and Xi indeed happened or not...
It’s already implied! When you’re running such a fiscal and trust deficits within the USA, it’s suicidal to create more fronts…..

their problem right now is there is no $3.5 trillion and more printing is not an option, beside all the allies just nodded on 3.5 billion package and left and that was that. If there was a 3.5 trillion package then Biden wouldnt need to make 90 minute call to Xi.

We'll they've pissed of one of their biggest creditors (China). As for the average American they've been pummeled since last year COVID and many are drained or living on credit cards. Other nation's are pumping liquidity into their economies to sustain it until things get back to normal. The US is at the edge of a cliff any more printing can lead into inflation that $ 3.5 trillion package would be one of the nails in the coffin.

A search about Biden - Xi calls brings up one of these. And Fox News is not known to be soft on either China or Biden. Better resources need to be found than this.

Biden, on the call, was not seeking outcomes or agreements, according to officials, but rather sought to set "guardrails for healthy competition."

"Biden knows history will judge both leaders in how they manage this competition and takes this seriously," the official said.

"We’re either in a period of engagement or a period of confrontation with China," the official said.

"That’s not where we are anymore," the official said, adding that the Biden administration thinks the "goal" should be to "reach a steady state of affairs."

I guess we could say that VP Harris, is just one misstep by Biden, away from the US presidency.

I guess we could say that VP Harris, is just one misstep by Biden, away from the US presidency.

I have always thought of Biden as a seat warmer for VP Harris. To me, Biden is already a 'lame duck President'.

Okay, some more searches about the Biden-Xi phone done. None say what this Imran Riaz Khan says about splitting up the mega Eurasian development projects between the two powers.
BUT... what can't be missed is that the tone of the United States toward China is conciliatory. Not good news for India. Indians have been banking on enhanced alliance with America now that Americans have left Afghanistan. Indian strategists have been saying in last some days that now India is the sole foothold for America in the region.

I have always thought of Biden as a seat warmer for VP Harris. To me, Biden is already a 'lame duck President'.

Okay, some more searches about the Biden-Xi phone done. None say what this Imran Riaz Khan says about splitting up the mega Eurasian development projects between the two powers.
BUT... what can't be missed is that the tone of the United States toward China is conciliatory. Not good news for India. Indians have been banking on enhanced alliance with America now that Americans have left Afghanistan. Indian strategists have been saying in last some days that now India is the sole foothold for America in the region.

The Americans will not ditch the Indians it’s a security deposit in the region, not really a counter weight per say but more of a staging ground if things get out of hand. India’s use is more of an applier of pressure to Chinas western region.

Back
Top Bottom