What's new

Alvida Doston

@Spectre , i have seen a recent post of yours which was decent, and honestly a rare thing from a indian member... so were some of your earlier posts... it is such posts that keep pdf a place to visit.

i suggest you take break from posting but keep reading... come back to posting after a month or two.

and thanks for mentioning your interaction with me. :tup:

Hey Friends

It has been a fun and educational past few months for me, I have had multiple great discussions with folks from within and across the border and I would cherish the time spent here.

I have had many experiences which challenged my long held presumptions and made me question my core opinions about Pakistan. I was equally shocked and dismayed to see how India is perceived and have done my best to give a more realistic picture picture about What India truly is - which is way more different than what Media shows.

I have had opportunity to engage in many discussions regarding finance, international markets, future projections, and foreign policy which have enriched me and added to my job specific expertise, There were many firsts for me which is not possible outside of PDF.

1. Discussing Clash of civilizations with an Iranian.
2. Discussing 1971 and 1965 with a real life Pakistani in a cogent and civilized manner.
3. Discussing Indian Media with a Chinese
4. Agreeing with a Pakistani about future place of India and Pakistan on Global Arena
5. Matching wits with a Japanese robot and fellow alum whom I discovered on PDF
6. Discussing education with a communist

among many many others.

In short I would like to once again thank PDF for providing such a great and diverse platform for exchange of views.

Due to some events and further experience of forum policy I am no longer comfortable being an active part of PDF so it is laters for me, I am sure it would be my loss but such is life.

Last but not the least - @Nihonjin1051 @nForce @WAJsal @Echo_419 @arbit
@Arryn @jamahir

@SarthakGanguly @Bregs @levina @Star Wars @Icarus Sir

@Capt.Popeye
Sir @third eye and many more whom I have missed to due to probably dotage related memory issues - have fun and wish you all the best in life!!

Good Bye!!

What will remain of this forum if knowledgeable members like you leave 1 by 1

The Think Tank members will remain----

:lol: He said "Knowledgeable" posters.

Does this mean Armstrong isn't troll-supreme?

:partay:

Best of luck @Spectre , I'm plotting my escape from the asylum too.

1360172978_panda_escape_attempt.gif

escape__plz_by_culpeo_fox.jpg

What will remain of this forum if knowledgeable members like you leave 1 by 1

This forum seems to repel its quality members, or at least the quality of its other members do. When I first started I was so passionate about engaging with others here, I wanted to learn. Now I dread conversations with them.

I know SvenSvensonov isn't coming back - sorry Armstrong, Nihonjin and everyone else who awaits his return from a self-imposed ban. I'm leaning towards that option as well. LeveragedBuyout doesn't come around, I'm surprised Nihonjin1051 has lasted so long.

It's unfortunate, but the quality of this forum does repel some of its better members. Takes a special breed of person to withstand the insanity that propagates here.

Mainly the clinically insane:

tumblr_nsivhrkYDu1sdddkbo1_500.gif

Systems achieve precisely the results they are designed to achieve.

An astute observation... is the system broke or rigged?

Rigged-Game.jpg

I know Indian members aren't as well received, and they've yet to be afforded a section mod - unlike the Turks, Chinese, and Iranians, whose mods tend to be more biased towards their own at the expense of other nationalities, and unlike the America's section, which is infested with fools too. It's a problem in my estimation.

I like the mods and their contributions to threads, both their own words and their actions, but it seems there are too few - certainly less than those needed to deal with complaints, and too little where problems are the worse.

Of course mod bias or inaction or over-action is only a small part of the equation, but from what I gather about the OP, it's a big problem too.

No side is innocent here though. Both Pakistani and Indian and Chinese and American and Turk and Iranian and Russian... everyone is the problem here. We are as much the system as anyone else here. We are broken. We are rigged. If people were tolerant of each other, there wouldn't be a need for a system. We can't lay the blame solely on the mods, or admins or forum rules, we, equally the system, are the root cause of the problems being aired.

As a side note, you seem to attract negative attention. What's the story behind that? I've never seen much from you that would indicate the need for a negative response.

Consider my grievances, though small, I really don't have a problem with the system apart from some observations - it's been kind to me, aired.

im-done-reaction-gif.gif

End rant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap..............not you too............... we all enjoy your 'oh so detailed and informative posts', however, what I enjoy the most is you bashing the crap out of @Armstrong :p:

Do stay.

:lol: He said "Knowledgeable" posters.

Does this mean Armstrong isn't troll-supreme?

:partay:

Best of luck @Spectre , I'm plotting my escape from the asylum too.

1360172978_panda_escape_attempt.gif

escape__plz_by_culpeo_fox.jpg

This forum seems to repel its quality members, or at least the quality of its other members do. When I first started I was so passionate about engaging with others here, I wanted to learn. Now I dread conversations with them.

I know SvenSvensonov isn't coming back - sorry Armstrong, Nihonjin and everyone else who awaits his return from a self-imposed ban. I'm leaning towards that option as well. LeveragedBuyout doesn't come around, I'm surprised Nihonjin1051 has lasted so long.

It's unfortunate, but the quality of this forum does repel some of its better members. Takes a special breed of person to withstand the insanity that propagates here.

Mainly the clinically insane:

tumblr_nsivhrkYDu1sdddkbo1_500.gif

An astute observation... is the system broke or rigged?

Rigged-Game.jpg

I know Indian members aren't as well received, and they've yet to be afforded a section mod - unlike the Turks, Chinese, and Iranians, whose mods tend to be more biased towards their own at the expense of other nationalities, and unlike the America's section, which is infested with fools too. It's a problem in my estimation.

I like the mods and their contributions to threads, both their own words and their actions, but it seems there are too few - certainly less than those needed to deal with complaints, and too little where problems are the worse.

Of course mod bias or inaction or over-action is only a small part of the equation, but from what I gather about the OP, it's a big problem too.

No side is innocent here though. Both Pakistani and Indian and Chinese and American and Turk and Iranian and Russian... everyone is the problem here. We are as much the system as anyone else here. We are broken. We are rigged. If people were tolerant of each other, there wouldn't be a need for a system. We can't lay the blame solely on the mods, or admins or forum rules, we, equally the system, are the root cause of the problems being aired.

As a side note, you seem to attract negative attention. What's the story behind that? I've never seen much from you that would indicate the need for a negative response.

Consider my grievances, though small, I really don't have a problem with the system apart from some observations - it's been kind to me, aired.

im-done-reaction-gif.gif

End rant.

Hey Friends

It has been a fun and educational past few months for me, I have had multiple great discussions with folks from within and across the border and I would cherish the time spent here.

I have had many experiences which challenged my long held presumptions and made me question my core opinions about Pakistan. I was equally shocked and dismayed to see how India is perceived and have done my best to give a more realistic picture picture about What India truly is - which is way more different than what Media shows.

I have had opportunity to engage in many discussions regarding finance, international markets, future projections, and foreign policy which have enriched me and added to my job specific expertise, There were many firsts for me which is not possible outside of PDF.

1. Discussing Clash of civilizations with an Iranian.
2. Discussing 1971 and 1965 with a real life Pakistani in a cogent and civilized manner.
3. Discussing Indian Media with a Chinese
4. Agreeing with a Pakistani about future place of India and Pakistan on Global Arena
5. Matching wits with a Japanese robot and fellow alum whom I discovered on PDF
6. Discussing education with a communist

among many many others.

In short I would like to once again thank PDF for providing such a great and diverse platform for exchange of views.

Due to some events and further experience of forum policy I am no longer comfortable being an active part of PDF so it is laters for me, I am sure it would be my loss but such is life.

Last but not the least - @Nihonjin1051 @nForce @WAJsal @Echo_419 @arbit
@Arryn @jamahir

@SarthakGanguly @Bregs @levina @Star Wars @Icarus Sir

@Capt.Popeye
Sir @third eye and many more whom I have missed to due to probably dotage related memory issues - have fun and wish you all the best in life!!

Good Bye!!
Such a shame, indeed.... sad to see good posters leave, any reasons? :(
Leaving in protest? because of the system? @Star Wars , elaborate, i would like to help where i can...

Last edited:
serious person of PDF ? isko gher chor ayee koi ya mujhy goli mar do . ary mery baap is forum per kya serious hai ? :crazy::close_tema: yahan to death bhi serious nhi ho sakti :lol: dekha abhi kal @GURU DUTT mar gya to koi roy ga yahan ?:rofl:
mujhe to mere apne janm se hi aghorri aur trishanku mante hain mammoo itni jaldi nahi marunga :devil:

mangne se jo maut mil jaati to kaun jeeta is duniya me :azn:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom