What's new

Altaf Hussain arrested in London over money laundering charges.

You can say that I am the sole authority, on the subject of ML/CFT, in this thread. It is not arrogance, it is a fact.

LOL Delusions of grandeur. Dont you have anything better to do? like leading peaceful protests in London because you are man of authority or using your authority to defend Altaf in biased courts :omghaha:instead of posting on def.pk :sarcastic:

Will bhai pass angiography test? Hard to lie in it

I think what you mean is polygraph test and no , it isn't used to establish guilt in common law countries atleast .

All MQM/AH has to do is produce evidence that the money was not earned through illegal means and then the British legal system will have nothing to prove predicate offence behind the funds, ML charges will be dropped or penalised at the most with fines.

Actually , the accused doesn't have to prove anything , its innocent until proven guilty , it is the British prosecutors who now have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Altaf Hussain laundered the money if they choose to press charges against him which technically , hasn't been done yet . Though , I personally have reason to believe that Scotland Yard has completed its investigations and is now confident that it can hold him responsible for money laundering in the court .

Throughout the web of the English Criminal Law one golden thread is always to be seen that it is the duty of the prosecution to prove the prisoner's guilt- Woolmington v DPP [1935] UKHL 1

716985-image-1401810437-541-640x480.jpg

716985-image-1401810460-973-640x480.jpg

716985-image-1401810405-966-640x480.jpg

So whats update on the matter?

He should have been released/bailed long ago if he was not admitted to the hospital. But since he is in the hospital, whats the update on his health? Any news of when he will be discharged?

I think what you mean is polygraph test and no , it isn't used to establish guilt in common law countries atleast .

Machine will give error message:

Please talk quickly “pllllllllllleeeeeeaaaaaaaaassssse taaaaaaaaaaaaalk quiiiiiiiiiiiiicklyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy”

LOL Delusions of grandeur. Dont you have anything better to do? like leading peaceful protests in London because you are man of authority or using your authority to defend Altaf in biased courts :omghaha:instead of posting on def.pk :sarcastic:

Seriously???

Actually , the accused doesn't have to prove anything , its innocent until proven guilty , it is the British prosecutors who now have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Altaf Hussain laundered the money if they choose to press charges against him which technically , hasn't been done yet . Though , I personally have reason to believe that Scotland Yard has completed its investigations and is now confident that it can hold him responsible for money laundering in the court .

Throughout the web of the English Criminal Law one golden thread is always to be seen that it is the duty of the prosecution to prove the prisoner's guilt- Woolmington v DPP [1935] UKHL 1

I think the MET police has enough evidence to link the money to ML so they will take the case to the court. However, there is a possibility that the case may be dismissed or dropped as MQM has started gathering signed affidavits from its supporters that they had sent the money. Once the source is established to be free of any criminal activity, the channel of fund transfer is the only hurdle and may incur penalties or confiscation of items transferred through illegal channels.

In any case, AH is most likely never going to prison.

^ Umaat
Very very reliable source:trash:
I know and i didn't want to share this source. But as I said since Met police spent 30 hours searching his property, we may be hearing true or false conspiracies in relevance to what they were trying to find from this property

I know and i didn't want to share this source. But as I said since Met police spent 30 hours searching his property, we may be hearing true or false conspiracies in relevance to what they were trying to find from this property
They did it once before when they find out some cash!! And since he was in under their check no wiseman put some doubtful items in house, phone taping and spying on a specious person is so common so........

They did it once before when they find out some cash!! And since he was in under their check no wiseman put some doubtful items in house, phone taping and spying on a specious person is so common so........
It indeed is true but the police tries to get as many measures as possible so it shouldn't he surprising for them to play such tricks

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom