What's new

Aligarh To Be Renamed Harigarh? Panchayat Says Plan Sent To UP Government

Yogi Adityanath wants to project a pro-Hindu image. Hence he is changing various names from Muslim sounding to Hindu sounding.
Some of these changes are merely reverting to original names - such as Allahabad to Prayagraj (Prayag being the original name of the place).
Personally, I dont believe in these name changing antics as it diverts attention from real issues.

I agree with some of what you say.

More immediately there is the upcoming Chief Ministerial election in Uttar Pradesh next year so Yogi's people want to buff up his Hindutvadi image and also make people ignore image-damaging things like the COVID deaths where bodies were flowing en masse in the Ganga river.

And then there is the preparation of the Indian people in general and Hindutvadi activist groups in particular, enthusing them for Yogi's candidature for PMship in the 2024 general election.

Ironically now you would need administrative time and resources to both keep and change it.

Indian voices are like voices beyond a black hole of point of no return. Good for research and avoiding similar issues. It's a data bank of the biggest circus in the world.
To be fair, I did not understand much of what you are trying to say here.
Even though I agreed with you that this name changing is time and money waste, I felt you still are intent on bad-mouthing.

The push to rename Aligarh to Harigarh came from block panchayat leaders Kohri Singh and Umesh Yadav, panchayat members said
All IndiaReported by Saurabh Shukla, Edited by Debanish AchomUpdated: August 17, 2021 5:38 pm IST
by Taboola
Sponsored Links

Sponsored
This Is How To Use VPNs To Stream Movies In Bahadurabad Without Restrictions (TheTopFiveVPN)
Do You Speak English? Work a USA job from home in Pakistan (Work from Home | Search Ads)

The proposal to rename Aligarh to Harigarh has been sent to the Yogi Adityanath government

New Delhi:
A proposal to rename Uttar Pradesh's Aligarh to Harigarh has been cleared by the zila panchayat at a meeting on Monday, the local body's chief said today. The proposal has been sent to the Yogi Adityanath government.
If the move to rename Aligarh is cleared by the UP government, it would add to a long list of renamed places in the BJP-ruled state, one of the most prominent in recent times being the renaming of Allahabad to Prayagraj, a few months before the Kumbh Mela in January 2019.
"We had a meeting of the zila panchayat board yesterday (Monday). Some proposals were passed in the meeting. The first proposal was about renaming Aligarh to Harigarh. It was passed unanimously. We have sent it to the Chief Minister. I hope it will be approved," Aligarh district panchayat chief Vijay Singh told news agency ANI.
The push to rename Aligarh to Harigarh came from block panchayat leaders Kohri Singh and Umesh Yadav, panchayat members said.

Promoted
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com

Another proposal cleared by the panchayat is to rename Dhanipur airstrip in Aligarh to Kalyan Singh airstrip, the local body members said.
37CommentsIn November 2019, Yogi Adityanath had indicated the state government would likely keep up with renaming places across the state. "We did what we felt was good. We renamed Mughal Sarai as Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhayay Nagar, Allahabad as Prayagraj and Faizabad as Ayodhya. Where there is a need, the government will take the steps required," Yogi Adityanath had said.

Track Latest News Live on NDTV.com and get news updates from India and around the world.
WATCH LIVE NEWS:
nd-india
FOLLOW US:
Aligarh renamed HarigarhHarigarh
congrats... do it!

To be fair, I did not understand much of what you are trying to say here.
Even though I agreed with you that this name changing is time and money waste, I felt you still are intent on bad-mouthing.

I apologise for the confusion.

The push to rename Aligarh to Harigarh came from block panchayat leaders Kohri Singh and Umesh Yadav, panchayat members said
All IndiaReported by Saurabh Shukla, Edited by Debanish AchomUpdated: August 17, 2021 5:38 pm IST
by Taboola
Sponsored Links
Sponsored
This Is How To Use VPNs To Stream Movies In Bahadurabad Without Restrictions (TheTopFiveVPN)
Do You Speak English? Work a USA job from home in Pakistan (Work from Home | Search Ads)

The proposal to rename Aligarh to Harigarh has been sent to the Yogi Adityanath government

New Delhi:
A proposal to rename Uttar Pradesh's Aligarh to Harigarh has been cleared by the zila panchayat at a meeting on Monday, the local body's chief said today. The proposal has been sent to the Yogi Adityanath government.
If the move to rename Aligarh is cleared by the UP government, it would add to a long list of renamed places in the BJP-ruled state, one of the most prominent in recent times being the renaming of Allahabad to Prayagraj, a few months before the Kumbh Mela in January 2019.
"We had a meeting of the zila panchayat board yesterday (Monday). Some proposals were passed in the meeting. The first proposal was about renaming Aligarh to Harigarh. It was passed unanimously. We have sent it to the Chief Minister. I hope it will be approved," Aligarh district panchayat chief Vijay Singh told news agency ANI.
The push to rename Aligarh to Harigarh came from block panchayat leaders Kohri Singh and Umesh Yadav, panchayat members said.

Promoted

Another proposal cleared by the panchayat is to rename Dhanipur airstrip in Aligarh to Kalyan Singh airstrip, the local body members said.
37CommentsIn November 2019, Yogi Adityanath had indicated the state government would likely keep up with renaming places across the state. "We did what we felt was good. We renamed Mughal Sarai as Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhayay Nagar, Allahabad as Prayagraj and Faizabad as Ayodhya. Where there is a need, the government will take the steps required," Yogi Adityanath had said.

Track Latest News Live on NDTV.com and get news updates from India and around the world.
WATCH LIVE NEWS:
nd-india
FOLLOW US:

its would be little awkward in begging but slowly slowly we will get used to with the name Harigarh :-)

Aligarh was the muslim name and Harigarh, the hindu name. i think, its something we may have to live with ....

by Taboola
Sponsored Links
Sponsored

New Delhi:

Promoted

WATCH LIVE NEWS:
nd-india
FOLLOW US:

From 'Aligarh' to 'Harigarh': Uttar Pradesh Continues Its Name Changing Spree

Back
Top Bottom