What's new

RSS again raises agenda to rename Hyderabad as ‘Bhagyanagar’

It is called Chennaipatinam. so Chennai
are they 2 separate legal entities?
In Kerala beef is freely available. Eggs are practically vegetarian there. No need to report anyone
How do you guys keep up with all the subtle differences in dietary habits in their legal interpretations while travelling?
Not true. I would say the usage of Bombay is about 30% of the time. I have lived in Bombay for 16 years. I know it. Initially there was some resistance to the name change, but like with anything in life you move on.
Madras is almost obliterated from memory. Almost no one calls it by that name now, other than referring to places which have it as a technicality (like Madras Flying Club, or Old Madras Road etc).

I guess then you are moving on to Bhagyanagar.

We have a Hyderabad in Pakistan so it's not like it's the end of the world.

It is called Chennaipatinam. so Chennai

My late father's father was in a high administrative position in Madras. My father, his siblings and their father all knew that city as Madras. Also, another deceased person - an MD of one company I worked in years ago - and his parents also knew that city as Madras. They had familial connections there.

are they 2 separate legal entities?
Both are same, Madras is like london as for karachi ( no wonder chennai is second corporation in the world after london)
My late father's father was in a high administrative position in Madras. My father, his siblings and their father all knew that city as Madras. Also, another deceased person - an MD of one company I worked in years ago - and his parents also knew that city as Madras. They had familial connections there.

Did you know Chennai has British, Portuguese,Dutch,French connection

How do you guys keep up with all the subtle differences in dietary habits in their legal interpretations while travelling?
Not sure what you mean here. On a separate note, both buffalo meat and cow meat are classified as Beef. States that say they have banned beef are basically saying they have banned cow meat. In such states too, buffalo meat may be available and sold.

I guess then you are moving on to Bhagyanagar.
I am not sure how easy/difficult that is going to be though. It is still someone's idea and not a bill. In case of Mumbai and Chennai there was linguistic angle to it (though I have no clue what Madras means), so it wasn't difficult.

Both are same, Madras is like london as for karachi ( no wonder chennai is second corporation in the world after london)

Chennai has definitely taken over Madras in the business sector. However culturally Madras is richer than Chennai.

Chennaipatinam is something not showing up on autocorrect like London does. Trump would call this a fake city.

I guess you guys are more prepared for barcode life given how long the names are getting.

What's the longest name for a city in South India or North India?

Did you know Chennai has British, Portuguese,Dutch,French connection

1. I do not but I do know that two other places in the wider Tamil land - Tranqebar and Pondicherry - had Danish and French connections respectively.

2. Why do you insist on calling it Chennai ? I use Madras just like I use Bombay and Bangalore.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean here. On a separate note, both buffalo meat and cow meat are classified as Beef. States that say they have banned beef are basically saying they have banned cow meat. In such states too, buffalo meat may be available and sold.
I am not a spokesperson for bovine kind but this is some sort of discrimination and extremist feminism.

I was merely mentioning the problem of not having enough education about the laws. No one wants you to go to jail for taking a non veg dump in a strictly vegetarian dumping state.
I am not sure how easy/difficult that is going to be though. It is still someone's idea and not a bill. In case of Mumbai and Chennai there was linguistic angle to it (though I have no clue what Madras means), so it wasn't difficult.

Madras = Mardi Gras

Chennai just feels like it's saying China is near why not just go there.

It takes money for bureaucracy to move. I remember telling you this before too.

Hyderabad: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) once again raised the agenda of renaming Hyderabad as Bhagyanagar by calling a three-day Samanwaya Baithak (coordination meeting) in the first week of January 2022 to review the working of affiliated organizations and preparations for upcoming assembly elections scheduled to take place in five states next year.

Taking to Twitter, RSS said, “The Samanvay Baithak (coordination meeting) of the chief functionaries of various organizations inspired by the RSS working in different areas of social life will be held from 5th to 7th Jan. 2022 at Bhagyanagar, Telangana: Sunil Ambekar.”

Notably, RSS has not clearly demanded to change the name of the city but has used ‘Bhagyanagar’ instead of Hyderabad.

It is worth mentioning that both RSS and Bharatiya Janata Party have been raising the demand to rename Hyderabad to Bhagyanagar.

During the Hyderabad Municipal Corporation election, 2020, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath had said that if Faizabad can be renamed Ayodhya and Allahabad as Prayagraj, then Hyderabad too can be renamed as Bhagyanagar.

“Some people were asking me if Hyderabad can be renamed as Bhagyanagar. I said why not. I told them that we renamed Faizabad as Ayodhya and Allahabad as Prayagraj after BJP came into power in UP. Then why Hyderabad can’t be renamed as Bhagyanagar?” Yogi had said.

“RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat, BJP National President JP Nadda, Party National General Secretary BL Santosh and Joint General Secretary Shiv Prakash and other top office bearers of affiliated organizations will participate in this annual meeting,” sources said.

Further, sources said that the BJP representatives will give details of their vision and programmes for the coming year.

In the meeting, there will be extensive discussions on the upcoming assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Manipur, Uttarakhand and Goa, and any assistance required from the affiliates in the polls.

Such meetings are held every year between BJP and RSS. In June this year, a coordination meeting was held in Uttar Pradesh which was attended by BJP General Secretary BL Santhosh.

Why not. Tum log pochty kion ho? Just change it. And I have not seen sisis like hindus of India. I mean, 80%, and majority is ready to make India as hindu rashtra. But you guys are still hesitant. Why? Just go ahead, and do it.

I am not a spokesperson for bovine kind but this is some sort of discrimination and extremist feminism.

I was merely mentioning the problem of not having enough education about the laws. No one wants you to go to jail for taking a non veg dump in a strictly vegetarian dumping state.
Well the buffalo gives you everything that a cow does, so yes it should be treated as an equal.

On the 2nd point, its easy. Use a thumb rule. If something is being allowed to be sold, it is likely allowed to be eaten. I mean one doesn't accidentally end up eating beef at Baghdadi restaurant in Colaba, Mumbai which has a menu displayed publicly that it contains beef

On the 2nd point, its easy. Use a thumb rule. If something is being allowed to be sold, it is likely allowed to be eaten.

That is not very successful in India where flash markets appear out of thin air and random rapid bazaars are everywhere.

They should provide call centre support for these issues. This could mean life and death

That is not very successful in India where flash markets appear out of thin air and random rapid bazaars are everywhere.

They should provide call centre support for these issues. This could mean life and death
Disappearing beef seller is a good thing. There is no evidence that you consumed beef at a particular place. Even better.

As for brick and mortar establishments, if one sees a publicly displayed menu, they are legit. Baghdadi in this photo has been operating for donkeys years behind Taj Hotel in Mumbai.
baghdadi.png

Disappearing beef seller is a good thing. There is no evidence that you consumed beef at a particular place. Even better.

As for brick and mortar establishments, if one sees a publicly displayed menu, they are legit. Baghdadi in this photo has been operating for donkeys years behind Taj Hotel in Mumbai.
View attachment 802660

Don't know about donkey years claim as chicken consumption is less than half a century new.

Do English speakers take translators for dinners? The menu is not very accessible to them during night hours.

What shady business is this?

Moronic way of demolishing original history from the Hindutva madrsas history & books , which contains 1200 years long and historic rule of Muslims

Back
Top Bottom