What's new

Al-Khalid & Type 99 Comparison

Your making a basic mistake, Ek=.5m*v^2=J is not just part of the photoe;ectric effect. rathe rit is the formula for any measurement of kinetic energy.

When measuring the total (muzzel) energy of a projectile the formula is .5M*v^2=J

[edit] Kinetic energy of rigid bodies
In classical mechanics, the kinetic energy of a "point object" (a body so small that its size can be ignored), or a rigid non rotating body, is given by the equation where m is the mass and v is the speed of the body.

For example - one would calculate the kinetic energy of an 80 kg mass traveling at 18 meters per second (40 mph) as .

Note that the kinetic energy increases with the square of the speed. This means, for example, that if you are traveling twice as fast, you will have four times as much kinetic energy. As a result of this, a car traveling twice as fast requires four times as much distance to stop (See mechanical work).

Thus, the kinetic energy can be calculated using the formula:

For the translational kinetic energy of a body with constant mass m, whose center of mass is moving in a straight line with speed v, as seen above is equal to

where:

m is mass of the body
v is speed of the center of mass of the body.

Your making a basic mistake, Ek=.5m*v^2=J is not just part of the photoe;ectric effect. rathe rit is the formula for any measurement of kinetic energy.

When measuring the total (muzzel) energy of a projectile the formula is .5M*v^2=J

[edit] Kinetic energy of rigid bodies
In classical mechanics, the kinetic energy of a "point object" (a body so small that its size can be ignored), or a rigid non rotating body, is given by the equation where m is the mass and v is the speed of the body.

For example - one would calculate the kinetic energy of an 80 kg mass traveling at 18 meters per second (40 mph) as .

Note that the kinetic energy increases with the square of the speed. This means, for example, that if you are traveling twice as fast, you will have four times as much kinetic energy. As a result of this, a car traveling twice as fast requires four times as much distance to stop (See mechanical work).

Thus, the kinetic energy can be calculated using the formula:

For the translational kinetic energy of a body with constant mass m, whose center of mass is moving in a straight line with speed v, as seen above is equal to

where:

m is mass of the body
v is speed of the center of mass of the body.

But if there is a constant velocity than acceleration is ignored that would meant that the preojectile traveling which your case is shell doesnt have variable speed. Nowing that the projectile is a Vector quantity therefore it has direction as well as speed.

Ill ask my lecture to explain what your trying to say I am not entirely understandig why you require to know the Maximum knetic energy. I am doing applied mechanical maths.

There is another thing to be noted No country in the world reveals its armour thickness or composite yes they give rough estimate but other than that its a secret.

No country reveals it, but it can be estimated and penetration values often are listed. As for ignoring acceraltion, the penetrator is already at terminal velocity when it leaves the barrel. it already has all the energy it will ever have. Thus the formula only needs to concern itself with how much energy the penetrator has and how effectively it can utilize that energy.

The AK is a type 90II (aka MBT 2000 when demonstrated by Norinco)

Pakistan does not sell tank rounds to Europe, more than likely the Pakistani rounds are inferior to the Chinese round since the Type 90II uses the basic Autoloader from the 2a46 family of guns without extensive modification. This will force them to use short rod penetrators, vs the Chinese medium leangth penetrators.

The AK with DU-APFSDS should be equal to the T-90S weaker in some areas, stornger in others. It will boil down to crew training and armored force doctrine.

Interceptor,

Just basic college math here so i will shy away from Einstiens potential energy formula HF/0=.5m*V^2. Instead I use the much easier for me to under stand Ek formula (.5m*V^2=J) Then divide the joules divided by claimed performance.

An export map of Pakistan POF.

http://www.pof.gov.pk/mexports.htm

what tank ammuntion exactly has Pakistan sold to Europe?

Bro. It doesn't necessarily mean we export tank ammunition, I believe it will be small arms (rifles, Bullets and other things). Since Turkey still buys NATO standard ammo from us including the G-36. Check out the website to see whats made like hand grenades, motors, etc. The company also makes commercial products.

To get a full report you have to ask on PakDef.info they have the report somewhere remember seeing it awhile ago (not the one where it shows quantity made).

Actually that is a pretty good reference for a least a basic idea of the rounds capability. Zraver it's worth a look, even if to put a line under some of these endless discussions as to rod length (I am sure there is a joke there somewhere:lol: )

Can someone tell me what a "Hunter killer" system entails?

Can someone tell me what a "Hunter killer" system entails?

From the best of my knowledge a Hunter Killer system would entail:

The commander has an independent sight. Next, there has to be the capability to hand over targets from the commander sight to the gunner sight. Finally, to fully utilize the hunter capability the commander sight must have equal quality night vision equipment compared to gunner sight. (Other wise you still have the commander using the gunner sight input channel for night vision, which effectively negates the advantages of 2 sights). It also has hunter killer capability which can track and engage more than one target(s) while on the move. The tank can operate fully even during night with thermal imagery systems.

^^
Ill research on this, this is very impressive for Pakistan to have equipped it with. Do you know anything about the type 99 being a equipped with it too.

what tank ammuntion exactly has Pakistan sold to Europe?

Afaik, Tank ammunition has gone to Malaysia, Myanmar and Sri Lanka that I can recall in the recent past but not to European countries as most produce their own or get them through NATO suppliers.

Other stuff goes to Europe, Pakistan provides certain fuses for explosives and ammunition that it produces in a JV with a Swedish company among other components. In terms of small arms ammunition, aside from a very large market in Middle East and Africa (aside from South Asia), considerable amounts of 9mm ammunition were sold to the London Police in the recent past. Turkey purchased 30,000 G-3s and 5.56mm rounds (in considerable quantities) from POF 3-4 years ago.

^^
Ill research on this, this is very impressive for Pakistan to have equipped it with. Do you know anything about the type 99 being a equipped with it too.

Its a pretty common capability in modern tanks.

AK:

The commander is provided with a two-axis stabilised hunter-killer panoramic sight while the gunner has a two-axis stabilised fixed roof-mounted sight. The image stabilised fire-control system (ISFCS) includes a laser rangefinder integrated into the gunner's sight, control panel, ballistic computer and a sensor for crosswind, tilt and angular velocity. This, together with the stabilised 125 mm gun and roof-mounted stabilised sights, enables the Al-Khalid to engage stationary and moving targets while it is stationary or moving. If required, the tank commander can take over and lay and fire the main armament. Target engagement time, stationary to stationary target is quoted as seven seconds, while on the move 10 seconds.

Commander's sight Specs:

Panoramic, Bi-axis stabilised, LRF, 2nd Generation IIT Hunter-Killer Capability

Back
Top Bottom