What's new

Al Khalid One will be rollout next year (2015)

Like I said, was not a massive priority, CI equipment was.

i am not being able to post pics . So here is the link to photo album of Alkhalid-1 and it looks different from the older version.

Tank Al-Khalid 1 with better... - Pakistan Affairs | Facebook

These are old pictures of AK. They've just been visually compressed and hence look different.

AK-1 is under R&D for last 4 years and project is still not finished. Isn't it a cause of worry?

it is indeed, in fact, it has been under development since 2007. Two reasons that i know of, financial constraints that reduced 10 major changes to six, and complete R&D for new systems in house, from new FCS, sights, armour, engine enhancements like torque convertor to ammo to new muzzle system to new ecs etc. The AK-1 is over 50 tonne in weight, the brochure has some errors which is a norm even for their websites.

The designations are a bit confusing now, I think media is confusing things. Production Al-Khalids were upgraded with battlefield management systems, faster reloading mechanism, better electronics and better ERA armor plus other improvements, in previous reports the upgraded units were called Al-Khalid 1. We know these units were already in operation with PA and previous builds were being upgraded to same standard.

Al-Khalid 2 was supposed to be redesigned, revealed with a 1500HP engine and heavier combat weight 50-60 ton.

What I suspect is according to fresh media reports the base version is now Al-Khalid (previous Al-Khalid-1) and the future heavy version is Al-Khalid-1 (previous Al-Khalid-2). I suspect the future Al-Khalid version to be similar to the Type-99A2 since specs are similar.

As for MBT-3000/VT4, from specs they seem to be downgraded budget versions of whats being made in HIT, PA must be evaluating them to observe differences as it doesnt need to buy them. Also Al-Khalid has replaceable ERA armor on the turret which the MBT-3000/VT4 lacks

Old Picture from Al-Khalid-1 handover ceremony
9jqedi.jpg

Type 99A2
Chinese+Army+new+advance++ZTZ-99A2+MBT+main+battle+tank+pla+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+TL-8Type+99A2+Type+99A1+Type+99A+additional+armor+turret++chassis+%2528APFSDS%2529%252C+HEAT%252C+and+HE-FRAG+125+mm+ZPT98+digital+battlefiel+%25284%2529.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom