What's new

Al-Faisal to the US : Veto a State, Lose an Ally.

why does it necessarily have to be in the middle east

^^^^^

Brother... Strategically Saudi Arabia is more important than the Canada if american really want keep their influence in the middle east. Secondly, You don't have any idea of Saudi's purchasing power when it's comes to defense or any other type of trade. Canadian's are no more close to Saudi Arabia.

regards
Jailer

No brother too little to late. These ugly fat men in royal family dont care for anyone even arabs they just care about their survival. this is just window dressing

^^^^

I can understand your frustration brother but lemme tell you one thing .. The so called Ugly Fat man is million time better than the Bashar Asad .At least Fat man regime they're not killing their own people during the month of Ramadhan .. I expect you still remember the Hama Massacre.

regards
Jailer

Obama and the liberal media are planning to wipe out Israel.

You are right: The 'liberal' browsing in NY Times are overwhelmingly supportive of a Pal state.
Palestinian Statehood - Readers' Comments - NYTimes.com

Now, where are those simpletons like @FaujiHistorian who keep repeating 'Islamists, Islamists, Islamists' when there is discussion about the Pal-Israeli problem.

Here is a brief selection from the Highlighted 'comments'. Ponder these.

As both an American and as a Jew, I have to wonder what the problem is with Palestinian statehood.

Our Declaration of Independence says that all people have a right to live under a government whose legitimacy rises from the consent of the governed. Further we believe that government exists for securing the rights of the people and that when a government fails in that regard or no longer enjoys the consent of the governed it loses all legitimacy.

So can anyone rightly say the Palestinians live under a government that enjoys their consent or exists to secure their rights? Can anyone tell me why they don't also have the right to have such a government? Americans enjoy that right, as do Israelis. And they should.

What makes Palestinians different? Permanent borders can be decided on after they have achieved statehood just as easily as before. In fact, recognizing a Palestinian state might very well make the Palestinians easier to negotiate with as we would then know who speaks for them. As it stands now we have no idea; their government is split.

I say this as much out of concern for Israel as for any other reason. Israel's long term security depends entirely upon reaching an agreement with the Palestinians. Time is not on Israel's side.
------------------------------------------------------
This whole conversation is so pathetic. What exactly are Palestinians supposed to gain by waiting for statehood? Some future promise of possible talkes??? I'm sick of it and I'm not even a Palestinian!

The government of Israel is the problem, and our countries political apparatus for being beholden to them for domestic elections. There is not going to be a "political solution" to this issue. There IS going to be a military solution when an Arab or Islamic country has equal fire power with Israel. I am so sick of our nation's leaders putting time into this no-win situation, driven by our OWN domestic politics.

Maybe a very rich Arab-American political action committee can solve this issue but until the these pathetic editorials make no sense and move no one!
========================================
As an American, and as a Jew who clearly remembers the courage of President Truman when he recognized the new State of Israel, it is time for Mr. Obama to do the same for Palestine. The mythology of a negotiated settlement after over 40 years of mutual recriminations, wars, massacres (remember Shaba and Shatilla as well as countless Gaza incursions), infitadas, and obstruction is more than "late in the game." The game is and should be over. There are many American Jews like me who would welcome a bold new policy that grants statehood to Palestine and lets the UN set a framework (already embodied in Resolution 242) for negotiating the details. It is time for the US to lead. The world including many Jews here and even more in Israel are ready.

Okay let's look at the facts on the table shall we??

Ever since King Abdullah came to power the country took a great leap forward. All the universities, rail roads electronics even weapons nothing is coming from the USA and the 90 Billion deal has on the other side deals with China and Russia which are still standing still waiting for the US decisions regarding the statehood.

Almost All our new projects are handled by Chinese and only some even by Europeans not Americans this is not the Kingdom of Saudi America which was the case in King Fahad era this is the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia which looks out for its own interest and the interest of its people first all our newly built plants. cars manufacturing companies, Rail roads, Chemical plants, Pharmaceuticals, Ship building plants which are opening every year are with the Help of mostly the Chinese with Joint ventures and not under American control like it was in King Fahad era. We have broken our dependency on the US some time ago kicking them for good won't hurt us so much.

And look also at the civil nuclear program we signed with France, Russia, China and Argentina for ToT for those and for their help in making it the US was desperate to get on the deal but was refused to the point where they stepped out of their usual selves to even offer ToT for it but was also politely refused. Feel free to Google all I said. If that is not proof of us stepping out of the US shadow for good I don't know what is.

The majority of our oil import does not come from the ME.

that wasnt what i was trying to point out, Saudi Arabia is in middle east. a strategic place, whereas Canada is in your backyard. they dont have any other options.

that wasnt what i was trying to point out, Saudi Arabia is in middle east. a strategic place, whereas Canada is in your backyard. they dont have any other options.

Oh I forgot to say also we kick started the Ottoman Rail Road project that the Ottoman Empire Started and also got a Turkish Company to complete it...This has so many meanings inside of it for anyone who really thinks about it.

Nothing of substance I'd say.

The Americans can turn to alternative suppliers. Canada is a big source of oil.

Most of it is in less extractable oil sands which just became economically viable to extract and is pretty terrible for the environment. You have to strip it from vast areas of land, but the US propaganda system is paying for TV slots in Canada right now extolling the economic benefits of oil sand.

This is what oil sand mining does

tar-sands-before-after.jpg

Finally I have some Respect for Saudi Arabia :tup:.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

If Saudi Arabia stopped being so loyal to the USA then the Arab World, Iran, and Muslim World would be 100x times better, united and very well off. this is a first step congrats saudis you earned it, next would be to Dump the petro Dollar.

Saudi leaders would be forced by domestic and regional pressures to adopt a far more independent and assertive foreign policy. Like our recent military support for Bahrain’s monarchy, which America opposed, Saudi Arabia would pursue other policies at odds with those of the United States,

<......>

Saudi Arabia recently played a leading role in isolating Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s brutal government by demanding an end to the killing of protesters and recalling the Saudi ambassador from Damascus. The impending fall of Mr. Assad’s barbarous regime provides a rare strategic opportunity to weaken Iran.

This guy doesn't give a jack about Palestinians. His empty rhetoric is only about weakening the rising Iranian influence in the neighbourhood.

Regarding the bolded parts, what a joke Mr.Turki. You supported the same violent crackdown of the Bahraini Monarchy but oppose the same thing when its done by Mr.Assad ? This guy better be contributing to the humor section in Readers Digest.

Finally I have some Respect for Saudi Arabia :tup:.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

If Saudi Arabia stopped being so loyal to the USA then the Arab World, Iran, and Muslim World would be 100x times better, united and very well off. this is a first step congrats saudis you earned it, next would be to Dump the petro Dollar.

At more than one point we tried reaching out for Iran but their support for the Houthi Insurgency to attack us was the last straw really.

here Syrian you are an Arab right? You can understand now the stance of Saudi Arabia regarding Iran with this video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom