What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

Still not retractble landing gear at high alt

Attachments

• 49B4E31E-64A3-426A-925F-74B3D3B2DB78.jpeg
    49B4E31E-64A3-426A-925F-74B3D3B2DB78.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 60

The frontal landing gear is not retracted either. Clearly indicated that the test was conducted with the landing gear out. Your point can only be proven by the frontal gear being retracted while the rest is not retracted.

A ridiculous argument is going on here. Just because Not retracting in this test doesn't mean it can't be retracted. My personal opinion if it was that with fixed landing legs it would have different landing leg profile, i mean legs with lower flight surface area. but they looks like retractable.

A bit late, and I don't know if someone else already mentioned but regarding landing gear. During test flights, whether it is helicopter, UAV or plane, all kinds of aircraft flies with its landing gear fully extended (open) in case of failure or emergency landing. This is a widely used procedure so don't expect until late stage of testing. You guys can clearly identify front landing gear from photos which is retractable, therefore is it logical to retract front and leave the others open (non-retractable) ? I don't think so. Also, especially in some small planes and uavs, retractable landing gear is not used simply because of the gain in aerodynamic to loss in internal space and take off weight ratio is not worth enough.

I know that it is retractable, you will see in coming videos towards end of testing stage

Last edited:
TEBER LASER GUIDANCE KIT

§TEBER is a laser guidance kit for use on MK- 81 and MK-82 general purpose bombs. TEBER converts these bombs into precision smart weapons using Inertial Navigation System (INS), Global Positioning System (GPS) and Semi-Active Laser (SAL) Seeker.

§An add-on SAL Seeker, mounted on the front section, provides a precise hit capability against moving targets. The Laser Seeker may be equipped with a proximity sensor.

§
The TEBER tail section is composed of GPS and INS for precise guidance and can be integrated onto the bomb by user in the field. The tail section can also automatically identify the types of the bombs (MK-81/MK-82).
Picture1.jpg

TEBEER-1-1024x370-768x278.jpg

Last edited:
guzelik-5-jpg.481269

i expect two of them.

Thank you. Any information of thrust of the engine?

I try to find a turbofan engine that is suitable for a supersonic MALE/HALE UCAV on TEI website, but could not find one other than things like TEI TJ90 and some other engines with max. thrust between 90~300 ldf which is lacklustre for a supersonic UCAV even if they two engines will be employed for each UCAV.

Perhaps, something that is not listed on their official website?

Back
Top Bottom