What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

no problem with components but MTCR restricts this kind of sales. MTCR limits 300km. with satcom ANKA can go over 2000km away. that is what i mean.
By No problem I mean they are not imported? I thought this was clear.

I wonder who is casting the engine blocks..
I do not know where they are produced but I know that they are car engines.

Designing and building a "new" engine only makes sense if you are going to produce millions of it. So; in all UAVs around the world(except turbines) they use car engines. You take it, you modify it for required specs and then you use it.

To find the production place you can start looking for firms who builds highly efficient diesel engine producers who's engines are used in commercial type vehicles. (like multijet diesel producers)

This is not a "must be local" piece. If you need engines because of an embargo then go and buy a few second hand/in good shape vehicles from your own market and use their engines.

I do not know where they are produced but I know that they are car engines.

Designing and building a "new" engine only makes sense if you are going to produce millions of it. So; in all UAVs around the world(except turbines) they use car engines. You take it, you modify it for required specs and then you use it.

To find the production place you can start looking for firms who builds highly efficient diesel engine producers who's engines are used in commercial type vehicles. (like multijet diesel producers)

This is not a "must be local" piece. If you need engines because of an embargo then go and buy a few second hand/in good shape vehicles from your own market and use their engines.
thats one of commercial truck engine. Possibly mercedes but ford should ve better bcause it is domestic.

Look what AKP's tax policy for cars did to Turkish people. They think 170 hp engine is for trucks.

Last edited:
PD170 designed from scratch, there is no derivative part of any commercial engine (i mean engine block and main parts). it is stated many times by TEI reps.

PD170 designed from scratch, there is no derivative part of any commercial engine (i mean engine block and main parts). it is stated many times by TEI reps.
If it is a completly designed from scratch then it means they have desinged a very reliable car engine too. ;)

Look what AKP's tax policy for cars did to Turkish people. They think 170 hp engine is for trucks.
ooo yes i just realized that it is extremely low hp for trucks.
I could not see that and in past people spoke about mercedes truck engine.
But if its 170 hp, definately a d segment engine.

47DC34E3-40A3-4CE0-9F96-9D0F6A4825CD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom