What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

@SOHEIL is saying is true to some extent. There were no issues with the initial ANKA, TSK changed its mind and asked for additional requirements. I think they should have just brought few systems and in the meantime TAI would have developed the newer versions with input from the armed forces.

Last edited:
They didn't make it like a model upgrading.Army wanted a final product,just when it was completed,changed requerements.
Now we have armed drones and it will also be demanded from Anka's further versions which i think stupid.
We can do armed UAV job with TB2 and use Anka as it is now with sar.
We should move our way with turboprob or directly Jet engine models.

So there is no problem!

Yes ! (Old link)

They didn't make it like a model upgrading.Army wanted a final product,just when it was completed,changed requerements.
Now we have armed drones and it will also be demanded from Anka's further versions which i think stupid.
We can do armed UAV job with TB2 and use Anka as it is now with sar.
We should move our way with turboprob or directly Jet engine models.

And how a UAV Satcom (with the ability to strike anywhere on Earth, even tens of thousands of kilometers of the home) will exist [Like MQ-1 Predator, MQ-9 Reaper, IAE Heron, IAE Eitan or one day Northrop Grumman X-47B - Turbofan - ] ?

Last edited:
Yes ! (Old link)

And how a UAV Satcom - with the ability to strike anywhere on Earth, even tens of thousands of kilometers of the home - will exist (Like MQ-1 Predator, MQ-9 Reaper, IAE Heron, IAE Eitan or one day Northrop Grumman X-47B - Turbofan - ) ?

I didn't totally understand you.But i mean it for heavier loads and another step to unmanned jet fighters..
We have made Anka.Now will we try to make one step better of it ? I think it doesn't worth.We need a new UAV for heavier loads.It must be almost totally new,not possible with an Anka upgrade 'cos it is a matter of body and engine.

I didn't totally understand you.But i mean it for heavier loads and another step to unmanned jet fighters..
We have made Anka.Now will we try to make one step better of it ? I think it doesn't worth.We need a new UAV for heavier loads.It must be almost totally new,not possible with an Anka upgrade 'cos it is a matter of body and engine.

How a operational UAV armed Satcom (with the ability to strike anywhere on Earth, even tens of thousands of kilometers of the home) will exist without the necessary R&D ? So patience...

Last edited:
How a operational UAV armed Satcom (with the ability to strike anywhere on Earth, even tens of thousands of kilometers of the home) will exist without the necessary R&D ? So patience...

The final version of Anka has satcom. I assume it already done.

They have to put the drone in a real combat operation ... They can find out the problems much faster !

Why would they find problems faster? U can see the problems when there is one also in normal flight tests.

Why would they find problems faster? U can see the problems when there is one also in normal flight tests.

Unexpected problems mostly happens in real combat operation !

For example S-129's operational flights started in 2013 (Armed version in 2014)

Real combat operations in Syria helps a lot & we can see continuous improvements !

Unexpected problems mostly happens in real combat operation !

For example S-129's operational flights started in 2013 (Armed version in 2014)

Real combat operations in Syria helps a lot & we can see continuous improvements !

My expectation on a such a product is, when it is rdy to release it must be nearly 100% perfect.
It sound u want like a most programm developer a beta test on real combat area, dont think that this a good idea.

My expectation on a such a product is, when it is rdy to release it must be nearly 100% perfect.
It sound u want like a most programm developer a beta test on real combat area, dont think that this a good idea.

Nothing is perfect !

Back
Top Bottom