What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

Does anyone have any resources for Turkey is that of Indonesia's technical support provider ?
It makes more sense that Spain is providing assistance for mission computer and flight control systems (instead of us). And i dont know if Turkey (Roketsan-TAI-SAGE) will be willing for integration of turkish weapons in foreign systems. Assistance in producing-designing their own smart munitions and providing sensors-equipments for the productions sounds like better option for Indonesia and Turkey.
If they were interested in Turkish systems, i think they would collaborate more extensively on Aksungur or Anka. Anka is around since 2000s and Turkey was open for collaboration since the beginning.

It makes more sense that Spain is providing assistance for mission computer and flight control systems (instead of us). And i dont know if Turkey (Roketsan-TAI-SAGE) will be willing for integration of turkish weapons in foreign systems. Assistance in producing-designing their own smart munitions and providing sensors-equipments for the productions sounds like better option for Indonesia and Turkey.
If they were interested in Turkish systems, i think they would collaborate more extensively on Aksungur or Anka. Anka is around since 2000s and Turkey was open for collaboration since the beginning.

I was really wondering why they didn't want to work together when an exceptional platform for this class like Anka was here. I hope they choose Aselsan for the flir, unlike Baykar. The PD170 can be a great engine for the Black Eagle, so they can go far beyond what they want.

I was really wondering why they didn't want to work together when an exceptional platform for her class like Anka was here. I hope they choose Aselsan for the flir, unlike Baykar. The PD170 can be a great engine for the Black Eagle, so they can go far beyond what they want.
I prefer to remain silent :)

I was really wondering why they didn't want to work together when an exceptional platform for this class like Anka was here. I hope they choose Aselsan for the flir, unlike Baykar. The PD170 can be a great engine for the Black Eagle, so they can go far beyond what they want.

We dont yet decide about the engine. The article made by western journalist (flight global) that was posted by South Korean member here about Rotax engine is merely a speculation. There is no information regarding the engine yet but they have release the engine specification.

There is effort between two government, Indonesia and Turkey, to have their defense industry collaborated. Not long ago (end of last year), there was meeting between Turkish defense industry officials from different companies with Indonesian defense companies in Jakarta, and officials from our Armed Force was also present. There was a picture of the meeting.

The cooperation between PINDAD and FNSS will also likely continue with amphibious IFV program.

I am not sure why you are triggered and honestly I am not sure which drone you are talking about. Only fools would think Akini will be in the league with turbofan-powered Global Hawk which is one of the best surveillance UAV in the world. I am sure you are not the fool.

Akini is probably more comparable with turboprop-powered General Atomics Reaper is around $12~15m and turbofan-powered General Atomics Avenger is said to be around the same price.

Kratos Valkyrie which is turbofan-powered and has characteristics of stealth bombers is expected to be around $2m. I mean Australia even manages to build a Boeing Loyal Wingman for around $3~4m per piece.

There is no significant advantage of Turkish drone in prices when you factor in the facts that potential operators would have to pay extra money to buy Turkish armaments or integration of American weapons, Turkish drones are not significantly cheaper than alternatives from other countries such as China and the drone will be equipped with unreliable Ukrainian Turboprop engines.

I suggest you to refute my reasonable doubt with reason and be civil.

@SgtGungHo Both of these projects wont have final price tag of 2-4m$. You might buy these drone without avionics for this price. and You know These companies aren't designing or developing Avionics for these drones. So they are gonna buy it off the shelf. And You can bet no company is gonna sell their avionics for cheap. Australia would be lucky If They can buy each Wingman for 40m$.

I read that the airframe of a TB2 is between 500k-2kk$ far away from the 5 million some folks are quoting, they often quote the ukraine deal as an example but ukraine deal includes the ground station,maintenance,training and tot so no one really knows what the cost of a single drone really is

Indonesia doesnt have much issue with Chinese in the EEZs except of a tiny portion of EEZ along Natuna island. Back in time Indonesia has purchased C705 anti-ship missiles and produced some with license. They have bought CH-4, and they might even buy more chinese systems. China mainly harrasses Phillippines, Vietnam, partly Malaysia and slightly disturbs Indonesia.

That portion is not tiny by the way, you can see Chinese nine dash line encroach our North Natuna Sea. But it is true that they rarely disturb us.

gdKUKJsu0dhuYl3EINC3L5WNP7Ov_TEsxmI38K-WT2uFVEqkHSypEXjBA7lYOECP1JaixKKVRqrTf42-p96qqe7yzWIO7RjkITAkmAcWQB-lZN_BVhVOPGadnKr-zquhENuwv2u13eIj4sU9V8aJJ15rkmX03tHs

We dont produce C 705 with license since what China think about license production of C 705 is only to have the missile assembled here while important component is still made in China. We scrap the deal and right now our Navy has more tendency to acquire European weapon missile instead of Chinese one. Our new frigate and corvette use exocet for your information.

Our newer missile boat will likely get European missile than Chinese one. Here is the statement of our defense journalist about it.

That portion is not tiny by the way, you can see Chinese nine dash line encroach our North Natuna Sea. But it is true that they rarely disturb us.

gdKUKJsu0dhuYl3EINC3L5WNP7Ov_TEsxmI38K-WT2uFVEqkHSypEXjBA7lYOECP1JaixKKVRqrTf42-p96qqe7yzWIO7RjkITAkmAcWQB-lZN_BVhVOPGadnKr-zquhENuwv2u13eIj4sU9V8aJJ15rkmX03tHs

We dont produce C 705 with license since what China think about license production of C 705 is only to have the missile assembled here while important component is still made in China. We scrap the deal and right now our Navy has more tendency to acquire European weapon missile instead of Chinese one. Our new frigate and corvette use exocet for your information.

Our newer missile boat will likely get European missile than Chinese one. Here is the statement of our defense journalist about it.

That was one of my question, Indonesia has started FAC project with chinese-russian systems but later signed contract with a ae Danish company for combat suite (morelikely due to radars) and adopted their fire control -surface search radar. It wasn't possible to integrate a Chinese missile with their CS and radar. It will be quite odd to see Chinese missiles on sigma class another reason why Exocet is used in Indonesian navy.
I know Indonesia was once close to sign a deal on this (licensed production), what has changed the tides?
My message was clear, Chinese EEZ claim overlapped with Indonesia's is tiny compared to Malaysia-Philippines or Vietnam's.
Easier to defend and control and China didnt harass your sea borders as in the case of Philippines.
Has Indonesia changed the decision after malfunctioned C705s, after China started to disturb the EEZ or Chinese combat suite hasn't performed well? I know first batch of KCR 60 has suffered major issues, design flaws, not meeting the demands set by navy but it is expected for the first experience.
Producing under a license so far means that, assembly after delivery of critical parts among the ones you can build-construct. One step beyond is establishing a production line for critical parts for your and foreign demands as well once your orders has saturated. Not to look down on it, even assembling teaches you a lot.
If you prefer you can quote further replies in Indonesian defense forum it would be more convenient.

That was one of my question, Indonesia has started FAC project with chinese-russian systems but later signed contract with a ae Danish company for combat suite (morelikely due to radars) and adopted their fire control -surface search radar. It wasn't possible to integrate a Chinese missile with their CS and radar. It will be quite odd to see Chinese missiles on sigma class another reason why Exocet is used in Indonesian navy.

Actually we also have local companies capable to make the system like radar, CMS, and others. But they are mostly used for modernizing old vessel like Van Speijk Class frigates. New vessel uses imported system and this trend is also criticized by our defense journalist above.

I know Indonesia was once close to sign a deal on this (licensed production), what has changed the tides?

As I said in my previous post, our official is not interested in assembling work. This is what I read some years ago since I was also quite enthusiast with the program and following the news about it.

My message was clear, Chinese EEZ claim overlapped with Indonesia's is tiny compared to Malaysia-Philippines or Vietnam's. Easier to defend and control and China didnt harass your sea borders as in the case of Philippines.

Yup, quite true although I dont agree with the words tiny since their encroachment area is not small either, but because our sea territory is very large, so it looks quite small from the map looking point of view.

Has Indonesia changed the decision after malfunctioned C705s, after China started to disturb the EEZ or Chinese combat suite hasn't performed well? I know first batch of KCR 60 has suffered major issues, design flaws, not meeting the demands set by navy but it is expected for the first experience.

Can be those accumulative problems that you mentioned that trigger the change of the system.

KCR 60 second batch has already addressed the issue and so far there is no complaint from Navy. The maker, PT PAL, has also joined the tender to make OPV for Indonesian Navy using their owned design.

Producing under a license so far means that, assembly after delivery of critical parts among the ones you can build-construct. One step beyond is establishing a production line for critical parts for your and foreign demands as well once your orders has saturated. Not to look down on it, even assembling teaches you a lot.
If you prefer you can quote further replies in Indonesian defense forum it would be more convenient.

I believe Indonesian defense industry which was involved in the project, PTDI, understand the situation better. They also have made several under license weapon like torpedo and FFAR rockets. And so far it is the company which manufacture our home grown Rhan122 m rocket, together with Pindad. As I have stated previously, our engineers only want the know how to make critical part like engine and guidance system for cruise missile. They are not interested with assembling work.

Our planners, as I observe, prefer to do research by ourselves regarding cruise missile. It is the only way getting the know how since many cruise missile maker dont want to share critical technology, just like what we experience with Chinese. It is why we have initiated our cruise missile program, starting with the engine and guidance system by our state university and just start at this year they have made consortium on cruise missile program with PTDI become the lead consortium and already get the contract from defense ministry office. Other research institution like LAPAN (space agency) and BPPT also have their cruise missile research and for LAPAN they have tested it several times.

Back
Top Bottom