What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

I fucking despiced that guy for his close connection with Erdogan. Seems like he is truelly passionate about aviation so that kinda went out the window. Profile pic is TB-2 for a reason after all.
This is the healthy and right way to look at things imo. Hate people for their ideology, sure - that makes sense. But erase that if they are doing the right thing and support them.

Baylar or Koç or Vestel, it doesn't matter - as long as they do right we should support them.

This is the healthy and right way to look at things imo. Hate people for their ideology, sure - that makes sense. But erase that if they are doing the right thing and support them.

Baylar or Koç or Vestel, it doesn't matter - as long as they do right we should support them.

Tribalism is the worst thing to happen to Turkey, there needs to be asserted effort to fade these lines for the betterment of our country.

With 2x750 hp engine , akıncı will fly 40.000 feet+ altittude and he will carry more than 900 kg+ weapon and he can fly close the high subsonic speeds(600-700 km/h).

Also he will be great naval striker with this specs;

Aesa Radar ;

EEq0WU0WkAE-_hC

Wing Guide Kit version of Orka Lightweight torpedo (gives a ability of 100 km ranged torpedo attacks from air with help of ins+laçin iir guide kits )

VnjIJPfPHm4lZZ9zK92U8VoSryzWYIMd6OFC6dPhbAEKHNv3IT4TIdpW_6H5hPATJV554HsR-1_RQ9teBDns5Sw3d8qO_FQ0hN5UZu7W8wsCk23uxiecms2ozORx6Ggb

İns + Active radar or iir guided thrusted 100+ km ranged Kuzgun Smart Anti Ship Missiles like mbda spear (also swarm and multi launch capability) ;

kuzgun-m%C3%BChimmat.jpg

Also he will have Gökdoğan bvr missile capability ;

gokkkk.jpg

We can bang a navies who cannot have sm-2 or above airdefence missiles with the 60 akıncı with drone blietskreig. And the cost of 60 akıncı big probaply not more than 15 F-35B .

With 2x750 hp engine , akıncı will fly 40.000 feet+ altittude and he will carry more than 900 kg+ weapon and he can fly close the high subsonic speeds(600-700 km/h).

Also he will be great naval striker with this specs;

Aesa Radar ;

EEq0WU0WkAE-_hC

Wing Guide Kit version of Orka Lightweight torpedo (gives a ability of 100 km ranged torpedo attacks from air with help of ins+laçin iir guide kits )

VnjIJPfPHm4lZZ9zK92U8VoSryzWYIMd6OFC6dPhbAEKHNv3IT4TIdpW_6H5hPATJV554HsR-1_RQ9teBDns5Sw3d8qO_FQ0hN5UZu7W8wsCk23uxiecms2ozORx6Ggb

İns + Active radar or iir guided thrusted 100+ km ranged Kuzgun Smart Anti Ship Missiles like mbda spear (also swarm and multi launch capability) ;

kuzgun-m%C3%BChimmat.jpg

Also he will have Gökdoğan bvr missile capability ;

gokkkk.jpg

We can bang a navies who cannot have sm-2 or above airdefence missiles with the 60 akıncı with drone blietskreig. And the cost of 60 akıncı big probaply not more than 15 F-35B .
true cost of akinci will be much less as the money will go back into the economy. so true cost of 60 akinci could be like 4 F35s

I hope that the current economic developments won’t hurt the development and production of our UAVs. Of course, these UAVs are important for the defence of our nation. However, in the long run, these are very promising investments that will bring lots of cash through exports. With an indigenous engine, Akıncı could become an export star. TB2s are cheap and they don’t bring much currency. However, Akıncı and its future successors will help revitalise the economy. I think that as we get more and more cash through the sales of such advanced technologies, the government will begin to see the importance of educating high quality engineers.

6 tb2 is 36 million dollar in total . Each unit with subsytems is 6 million dollar. Akıncı will be around 10-15 million dollar.

6 tb2 is 36 million dollar in total . Each unit with subsytems is 6 million dollar. Akıncı will be around 10-15 million dollar.

Your price tag is too low for AKINCI. Two engine, lots of electronic sub systems etc. AKINCI far more complex than TB2. Even ANKAs' price tag more than your price tag for AKINCI

Your price tag is too low for AKINCI. Two engine, lots of electronic sub systems etc. AKINCI far more complex than TB2. Even ANKAs' price tag more than your price tag for AKINCI

C'mon bro we cant be build. F-16 block 40. Engines will build local firm blackseashield.

C'mon bro we cant be build. F-16 block 40. Engines will build local firm blackseashield.

You are right, in fact Akinci will probably end up costing 2 mio. USD..... because everything else above that amount goes back into our own domestic economy... should I have said 1 mio. USD ?

Be realistic please.

Even if we produce all subparts locally all of them have their price tag. They are not free you know.
Especially for us (for Turkey) all parts generally expensive than foreign ones. Because we have to add investment and development expense to the product price. That's why we need to export more.

Last edited:
Akinci has a great export potential I dare to say it can become the crown jewel of defense exports
It’s perfect substitution for expensive fighter jets when it comes to counterterrorism/insurgency or as affordable cheap asset against naval vessels

However, in the long run, these are very promising investments that will bring lots of cash through exports.

I am not sure many Western countries are interested in buying Turkish UAVs, though. Even oil-rich Middle East countries would prefer American drones if the US congress allows. I can see a limited number of North African and some Middle East countries may find Turkish Drones interesting, but I don't expect a huge demand over there as well.

Perhaps the most challenging part for potential customers is that they have to buy all Turkish ammunition separately. With American drones, the West could just use existing bombs and missiles. For instance, with MQ-9 Reaper can carry Hellfire, JDAM, Stinger and maybe Brimstone.

The most worrying aspect of Akinci to potential operators is Ukrainian turboprop engines. Ivchenko has a bad reputation in the industry. This is the part where Turkey has to prove them wrong with in the next couple of years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom