What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

I am curious, TB2 is succesful, but why does it seem like Bayraktar isn't developing it further ?

IMO it's stupid not to develop it further and have a TB3 which is not only ground control able but has satellite link. This would ensure longer operational range. I was hoping they'd develop it to 200+ km range.
According to Bayraktar, TB-3 will be jet powered at 0.8 Mach. Their JV with the Ukranians will produce the engine. They are opening a composite aerospace materials manufacturing facility too...

I guess they could have enlarged the TB2 and dropped a turboprop into it to, like Israelis have done with Heron TP and US Reaper. But Baykar seems to want to be progressive so they've moved on to a new design, Akinci..
The problem with that is, there is only room for one engine in TB2... Just Like Israeli Heron TP, but the problem is jews had access to american-canadian Turboprop engine, which is far superior (1200hp) So one engine is enough for Israeli Heron TP, while we are gonna use 2 Ukranian ''750hp'' engines for armed AKINCI... 2x750; 1500hp... One Ukranian engine wasn't enough...
Could we use american-canadian engine? Maybe, but Ukraine is a safer bet and we will also gonna have ToT, which this is so god damn important...

I think having akinci airborne with destructive power is what we’re going for atm. I have faith that TEI will deliver somewhere in the future. But having stopgap solutions and fostering relations are just as important. I kinda hope Ukraine is just as succesful with TB2

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Structural Loads Testing
200-(1).gif

Can anyone try to estimate number TB2 and Anka downed in Syria and Libya recently? What are the current numbers?

Can anyone try to estimate number TB2 and Anka downed in Syria and Libya recently? What are the current numbers?
Our guess won't be better than the Russkies guess, since no official numbers are being shared.

Tonight Akıncı's Documentary will be aired in Baykar's Youtube Channel at 20:23

Back
Top Bottom