What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

Could someone fix the misinformation in TuAF´s and TSK´s wikipedia regarding uav´s. They simply stated that all uav´s belong to the airforce which is completly false, furthermore the source for the anka count is also false since the one which is stated there isnt the airforce but for the navy. Really confusing also with the outdated numbers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_aircraft_of_the_Turkish_Air_Force
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...urkish_Land_Forces#Unmanned_aircraft_vehicles
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gendarmerie_General_Command#Vehicles

and that part of this wiki with the fixed wing aircraft should be moved
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Naval_Forces#Equipment
-> here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_ships_of_the_Turkish_Naval_Forces

Talking about false information, have a look at GFP's Turkish fighter/bomber numbers...

207 fighters and 0 attack aircraft. What absolute bullcrap. We have at least 250 F16s and over 40 F4s...

How close are we to making a small jet engine which could power the Goksungur? In my opinion the Goksungur will be the most important project yet. If we can really have its first flight this year like Temel Kotil said, then we've entered a new era.

Hopefully it'll be capable of taking off our LHD.

Talking about false information, have a look at GFP's Turkish fighter/bomber numbers...

207 fighters and 0 attack aircraft. What absolute bullcrap. We have at least 250 F16s and over 40 F4s...

How close are we to making a small jet engine which could power the Goksungur? In my opinion the Goksungur will be the most important project yet. If we can really have its first flight this year like Temel Kotil said, then we've entered a new era.

Hopefully it'll be capable of taking off our LHD.

TS1400 Can be turbofan. Most likely Goksungur will look like this. The TF1400 is used here with dual motors if it occurs. Depending on the arrival time of Goksungur, Engines are available from Ukraine in prototypes.

39355.jpg

Most likely Goksungur will look like this.

39355.jpg

TAI said it'll be supersonic, so the design will likely be different. Plus I hope wings are shorter and more swept as it'll mean that in terms of size it'll be compatible with TCG Anadolu.

But yeah a jet engined Anka/Aksungur would be good as well as it'll have benefits. We'll see. Maybe they'll experiment with a design like that before making a flying wing or delta wing model.

Goksungur OK, but what happened to Aksungur?

No words from TAI, complete silence.
First they said aksungur will be delivered to TSK/TAF in January then they said in March now it is April still nothing....
I think they will deliver it eventually by the end of 2020 we just have to be patient maybe this corona shit is causing delay

Last edited:
TAI said it'll be supersonic, so the design will likely be different. Plus I hope wings are shorter and more swept as it'll mean that in terms of size it'll be compatible with TCG Anadolu.

But yeah a jet engined Anka/Aksungur would be good as well as it'll have benefits. We'll see. Maybe they'll experiment with a design like that before making a flying wing or delta wing model.

I think we have a long way to get to land Goksungur or similar UAV on the TCG Anadolu. First of all, Goksungur will be the new stage for us, it will be really complicated even in airbase operations. For the naval version, we will need extra progress and maybe an extra 3 to 5 years.

I think we have a long way to get to land Goksungur or similar UAV on the TCG Anadolu. First of all, Goksungur will be the new stage for us, it will be really complicated even in airbase operations. For the naval version, we will need extra progress and maybe an extra 3 to 5 years.
We shouldn’t exclude possible akinci naval version in the future

TCG Anadolu wont be fully operational before 2022, 3-5 years is barely enough time to prepare for fixed winged Aircraft in Anadolu. For Projects in this magnatude, 5 years is not a long time at all. 2020s is the near future for this.

TCG Anadolu wont be fully operational before 2022, 3-5 years is barely enough time to prepare for fixed winged Aircraft in Anadolu. For Projects in this magnatude, 5 years is not a long time at all. 2020s is the near future for this.

3-5 years might be enough for UAV platforms because of the manless structure could needs less changes in terms of land base models. But even in that condition, it will need lots of structural and software changes.

3-5 years might be enough for UAV platforms because of the manless structure could needs less changes in terms of land base models. But even in that condition, it will need lots of structural and software changes.
+ maybe more importantly Lack of experience in our Navy in operating such Vessels.

Turkish Navy has many years of experience safely operating helicopters from frigates with tiny helipads. While (admittedly) fixed wing aircraft are a different ball game, I doubt the learning curve will be too steep.

5aaa6376d3806c30b41d1af6.jpg

Turkish Navy has many years of experience safely operating helicopters from frigates with tiny helipads. While (admittedly) fixed wing aircraft are a different ball game, I doubt the learning curve will be too steep.

5aaa6376d3806c30b41d1af6.jpg
Do you really think it's the same as operating an LHD?

China also had the experience of operating helis from frigates, then why did they built 2xCVs, 6xLPDs and 8xLHDs to reach a certain level of naval aviation?

Back
Top Bottom