What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

Lets also not forget that we sold 12 bayraktars, including armament, ground control stations, training, equipment and everything for 69m$.
Is it me or are we making good money out of this?
TR new Drone industry should focus on eating some market share as fast as possible.
And Use the funds to invest in more "cutting" edge techs/syst.

I read many who complain about ToT/low price when selling syst like TB2/Anka... but they shall also be reminded that such products are basic techs... They aren't next door techs either, but still fairly "easy" for an industrial country, that really want to manufacture them/ no other choice.

Last edited:
TR new Drone industry should focus on eating some market share as fast as possible.
And Use the funds to invest in more "cutting" edge techs/syst.

I read many who complain about ToT/low price when selling syst like TB2/Anka... but they shall also be reminded that such products are basic techs... They aren't next door techs either, but still fairly "easy" for an industrial country, that really want to manufacture them/ no other choice.
We share technology with our allies for future projection which gives oppurtinity to realise geostrategic power on our hinterland . We share the cost of serial production and find money to R&D. Win win.

the best description for this
deal is license production/limited ToT that may be the start of strategic partnership with Tunisia which could further be enhanced in other defense projects
Earlier turkish drones couldn’t be exported due to reliance on foreign flir and engine now when both of them have indigenous substitution we can expect surge in drone sales to various countries around the world
I think UAV sales will be the biggest export product of turkish defense industry in the near future

Since it’s already shared on Twitter I suppose can share the table here too
DBA94A11-6525-4180-BFF9-B135C4A7F01E.jpeg

I am curious about the Akinci and pd170 combination even though I remember Selcuk said there will be different versions with both domestic and foreign engines

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom