What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

yunanb-RJDx_cover.jpg

Are these engines PD-170 (which, I believe, are locally designed and developed 100% by TEI)?? I heard the guy in the tweet (CTO of Bayraktar) is MIT engineering graduate with his research experience in UAV. What an asset to have for Turkey!

May Allah continue to grant him and Turkey the greatest of successes. Ameen

Are these engines PD-170 (which, I believe, are locally designed and developed 100% by TEI)?? I heard the guy in the tweet (CTO of Bayraktar) is MIT engineering graduate with his research experience in UAV. What an asset to have for Turkey!

No. These engines are Motor Sich's AI 450 products. PD-170 engines would be too weak for this UCAV.

http://www.motorsich.com/eng/products/aircraft/tr/ai-450s/

Hi. PD-170 is designed for Anka-S by TEI and it is a Turkish design... and PD-222 (an upgraded version of PD-170) will be used in Aksungur UCAV (twin engine Anka with 40 hours Endurance)
AKINCI needs much more power so AKINCI's engines imported from Ukraine (450 hp*2=900 hp)
About Selçuk Bayraktar yes he is graduated from MIT, and he worked on UAV's specialy... here you can look at this video, Selçuk Bayraktar 14 years ago won a tender for mini-uav's and in this video, he is saying ''If Turkish goverment supports us, Turkey can be a drone power in 5 years''

Back
Top Bottom