What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

A Translation will have been appreciated.
I understand Google Trad exist for us "non-Turkish speakers" but it's no very accurate...

Thx in Advance

According to minister totally 40 (25 UCAV+15 UAV) Anka will be delivered. Already 3 UCAV 2 UAV Anka has been delivered.
According to writer 4 UCAV 3 UAV has been delivered.

40 (25 UCAV + 15 UAV) Anka variants
thumbs_b_c_738b208ea7c65a95478b2388bb641483.jpg

151 (112 UCAV + 39UAV) Bayraktar TB2
C4EV_umXAAAfHig.jpg

From the old times of US embargo to non-stop production for armed drone independence !

I'd say stop occupying precious assembly line space with UAVs and instead let all the Ankas be UCAVs. For intel/recon missions UCAVs can fly without weapons to conserve fuel. But for combat missions UAVs cannot be loaded with weapons.

I'd say stop occupying precious assembly line space with UAVs and instead let all the Ankas be UCAVs. For intel/recon missions UCAVs can fly without weapons to conserve fuel. But for combat missions UAVs cannot be loaded with weapons.
I think there are two operational versions of ANKA based on its payload.
Those that carry arms and those that carry SAR radar/GAG camera/etc. We need both.

How many is enough for our army what Is the amount to fulfill our needs?

How many is enough for our army what Is the amount to fulfill our needs?
That depends on what we need them to do?

If you want to use them to watch every step of PKK then you would need dozens or even hundreds of drones depending on reliability of the system.

Or if you wanna use them to both watch the PKK and shot these target asap, with high reliability, you would need at least one hundred UCAV (my guesstimate)

Of course, We have more than one enemy, So The numbers seems high but they are not high. Afterward, We may rain fire to our enemies pretty hard and pretty fast. But I really wish We would go for more UCAVs with Satcom in order to be able to use them in larger conflicts. Or at least we should built mobile relay stations to be able to use our UCAV more deep inside to enemy territory.

Tldr; These purchase numbers are probably based on deep analysis of our needs in order to be able to achieve a certain capabilities. So these numbers are what we need.

Last edited:
112 armed bayraktar ? it's confirmed ? I tought it was 30...

A Translation will have been appreciated.
I understand Google Trad exist for us "non-Turkish speakers" but it's no very accurate...

Thx in Advance

Ther will be total 40 Anka uav, they have delivered 3 unarmed and 2 armed uav. Twenty five of the Anka will be armed version.

I think, Turkey will be the one having largest drone inventory in all Middle-East and Europe.

-1161 mini-drone, 450 more in production
-Bayraktar TB-2: 151
-Anka A/B/S: 40
-Anka-2 on the way
-4,5t new beast on the way
Turkey is indeed building an impressive inventory of drones. These will come in very handy if/when we start running into issues with F-35 deliveries amid the S-400 purchase (and other Russian-Turkish partnerships).

images

Akinci UAV

MTOW: 4.5t
Payload:1t
Alt: 45000ft

The sections announced to be developed indigenously:

-National Turbo-prop engine maybe TP-1400.
-MWR
-GAG system
-National High-Res Camera payload
-SAR payload
-Spare Navigation System
-SATCOM
-Takeoff Landing system
-Electronic Support Pods

D059ED3C-0F89-413C-97C3-DC2C655CE4FE.png

images

Akinci UAV

MTOW: 4.5t
Payload:1t
Alt: 45000ft

The sections announced to be developed indigenously:

-National Turbo-prop engine maybe TP-1400.
-MWR
-GAG system
-National High-Res Camera payload
-SAR payload
-Spare Navigation System
-SATCOM
-Takeoff Landing system
-Electronic Support Pods

View attachment 438745

There's a few important details here that especially needs to be noted. Some of the sub-systems Turkey is going be integrating into the Akinci UCAV are these:

• GNSS Tabanli Olmayan Yedek Seyrusefer Sistemi

This means that even in the unfortunate event that the US decides to block or jam GPS service for Turkey for whatever reason, we will still be able to operate these birds without a hitch.

• Fuze Ikaz Sistemi

This likely means Akinci UCAV will also carry some countermeasures (ECM, flares, chaff) against enemy anti-aircraft missiles.

• SAR/MWR

Millimeter wave radar indicates Akinci UCAV will be able to carry Mizrak-U missiles and can be used as a stand-off tank hunter.

Last edited:
After first round of our UAV experience we will have about 200 tactical/male class UAV/UCAVs. And this is just beginning :)

I think we take this as a deterrence factor. And that's very bright move.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom