What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

Werent we at odds with Saudi lately?

its-just-business.jpg

Yeah sure but they have plenty of other options and no money shortage, maybe they are trying to buy Erdogan, i mean regarding support to Qatar.
I doubt it. An order for 6 Ankas isn't nearly enough to make Turkey give up Qatar.

Anka is an advanced, cost-effective, weaponized UAV and the Saudis aren't as reliable for the US as they once was. Not sure if you've been following the news regarding the power shifts with the princes and all but there's some funny business going on there lately.

If this deal goes forward, it's good business. If it doesn't, no biggie. Either way, I'm not reading too much into it.

Yeah sure but they have plenty of other options and no money shortage, maybe they are trying to buy Erdogan, i mean regarding support to Qatar.
They will licence-produce Chinese drones in most configurations,why would they need the ANKA?
You could be right.

Nothing unusual. The Saudis often spread their purchases around to different countries, including buying the same type from different countries.

What's even more important is that the Saudis want TOT for parts which weren't included in the Chinese TOT deal.
Interesting. I wonder how much TAI/Turkey is offering as far as TOT goes. I hope we're not giving away the whole shebang and if we are, we're getting our money's worth.

Interesting. I wonder how much TAI/Turkey is offering as far as TOT goes. I hope we're not giving away the whole shebang and if we are, we're getting our money's worth.
The reason why the negotiations took so long is that few years back TAI simply could not afford much TOT because the company only recently had mastered some critical tech. Today things has changed quite a lot though. This deal is a proof of TAI's self confidence.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom