What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

From now on the units on the ground will be able to watch live from ANKA S trough their ground terminals in range of 50km.
From now on the units on the ground will be able to watch live from ANKA S trough their ground terminals in range of 50km.

Some units use laptops(idk unit name most probably special forces) can they watch it live during an operation via laptop

Some units use laptops(idk unit name most probably special forces) can they watch it live during an operation via laptop
I am not sure of the capability untill now but from now YES they will be able to watch live from ANKA S in radius of 50km.

Last edited:
Just 50km ?!!!

6yO5B0.png

ANKA -S is moving around with a certain speed, so unless it's flightpath steers within 50 km of our unit who has a console it'll only be a momentarily image of what's going on. Even if you want to scout ahead there is a risk of inducing false safety. Camouflaged enemy, hiding etc.

I think this capability would be more useful if we have howitzers or other skirmishes where the enemy is bogged down and such.

ANKA -S is moving around with a certain speed, so unless it's flightpath steers within 50 km of our unit who has a console it'll only be a momentarily image of what's going on. Even if you want to scout ahead there is a risk of inducing false safety. Camouflaged enemy, hiding etc.

I think this capability would be more useful if we have howitzers or other skirmishes where the enemy is bogged down and such.
Think of it as an additional video, not like a magic wand which would show every enemy on the battleground.

I am not sure of the capability untill now but from now YES they will be able to watch live from ANKA S in radius of 50km.

ANKA-S transmit live video to the ground control station ( GCS ) , the video then can be transmit live via land based or satellite Communication systems to any place in turkey or even around the world

@kartal1

I found the source on TEI/TUSAS website. Who delivers the mentioned engine and in which UAV is it operational or planned to be operational ? Thanks in advance ?

https://www.tei.com.tr/detay/diesel-engine-modification-project

This project is intended for modification of the commercial diesel engine planned for use in the Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), so as to meet the needs of UAVs. The power supply and electricity generation of the engine at high altitude conditions are increased through the modifications, making it ready for use in UAVs.

Technical specifications of the Modificated Engine:

Maximum Continuous Power
:
155 hp

Weight
:
165 kg

Fuel Consumption
:
<215 gr/kWh

Electricity Power Generation Capacity
:
9 kW (2 x 4.5kW)

Critical Altitude
:
11.500 ft

Maximum Altitude
:
30.000 ft

Propeller Rotation Control
:
Variable pitch , Single lever control, hydromechanics

Gear Case
:
Impreller configuration

Engine Control
:
Redundant electronic engine control system (FADEC)

Engine Control Software
:
DO178-C DAL-C compatible

EGÜS Control Software
:
DO178-C DAL-C compatible

Fuel
:
JP8, Jet A1, Diesel

Aircraft Interface
:
Mechanical, Electronic and Signal inrerface compatible with MALE Class UAV

@kartal1

I found the source on TEI/TUSAS website. Who delivers the mentioned engine and in which UAV is it operational or planned to be operational ? Thanks in advance ?

https://www.tei.com.tr/detay/diesel-engine-modification-project

This project is intended for modification of the commercial diesel engine planned for use in the Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), so as to meet the needs of UAVs. The power supply and electricity generation of the engine at high altitude conditions are increased through the modifications, making it ready for use in UAVs.

Technical specifications of the Modificated Engine:

Maximum Continuous Power
:
155 hp

Weight
:
165 kg

Fuel Consumption
:
<215 gr/kWh

Electricity Power Generation Capacity
:
9 kW (2 x 4.5kW)

Critical Altitude
:
11.500 ft

Maximum Altitude
:
30.000 ft

Propeller Rotation Control
:
Variable pitch , Single lever control, hydromechanics

Gear Case
:
Impreller configuration

Engine Control
:
Redundant electronic engine control system (FADEC)

Engine Control Software
:
DO178-C DAL-C compatible

EGÜS Control Software
:
DO178-C DAL-C compatible

Fuel
:
JP8, Jet A1, Diesel

Aircraft Interface
:
Mechanical, Electronic and Signal inrerface compatible with MALE Class UAV
It could be slightly modified Thielert Centurion 2.0 as I saw in multiple source that its used in ANKA. Also I saw on multiple sources that its original power is 135hp but especially for ANKA its claimed to have 155hp power output. So its very possible that TEI modified Thielert Centurion 2.0 for the needs of ANKA in the first stage.
Thielert Centurion 2.0 uses Jet A-1 and Diesel fuel and in your source JP-8 is also listed. JP-8 is the same as Jet A-1 but with anti corrosion action and have anti ice substances in it. I think that its operational and is serving right now and for the future stages we know that they work over PD-170.

It could be slightly modified Thielert Centurion 2.0 as I saw in multiple source that its used in ANKA. Also I saw on multiple sources that its original power is 135hp but especially for ANKA its claimed to have 155hp power output. So its very possible that TEI modified Thielert Centurion 2.0 for the needs of ANKA in the first stage.
Thielert Centurion 2.0 uses Jet A-1 and Diesel fuel and in your source JP-8 is also listed. JP-8 is the same as Jet A-1 but with anti corrosion action and have anti ice substances in it. I think that its operational and is serving right now and for the future stages we know that they work over PD-170.

Thanks , that means modification of a modified commercial engine.
But bro, what is the base platform, Thielert got ?

@TheMightyBender

Thanks , that means modification of a modified commercial engine.
But bro, what is the base platform, Thielert got ?

@TheMightyBender
Centurion 2.0 is based on Centurion 1.7. The main difference is a new Mercedes-Benz OM640 engine cylinder block from the Mercedes-Benz A 200 CDI according to the source. Other improvements include a more compact FADEC, a lighter cast gearbox housing, interfaces for glass cockpits and a new service tool that allows the FADEC to be programmed in the field. Centurion 1.7 is based on Mercedes-Benz OM668 engine from
Mercedes-Benz A-Class A 170 CDI. Until the end of 2006, when production ceased in favor of the Centurion 2.0, more than 1,500 Centurion 1.7 had been built. The in-service record of the 1.7 has been poor, with a combination of design, service and support issues causing widespread customer dissatisfaction, and resulting in Diamond designing its own engines under the Austro label, as an alternative to Thielert. That is what the source is telling us about Centurion 1.7. While 1.7 had issues EASA and FAA certified for 155 hp (116 kW) Centurion 2.0 have accumulated more than 1,000,000 flight hours without mechanical failures as of April 2008.

Source: https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/Thielert_Centurion.html

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom