What's new

Aircraft carrier Liaoning begins drills in sensitive South China Sea with battle group

We already did it. Remember 1974 and 1988? Of course you do, since that's all you rant about. How many ships is your "will power" equivalent to? Did your will power enable you to win naval engagement against us? I wonder if you can survive on will power without food.

All of that talk, and the Soviet Union did not help you at the end of the day. So sad, holding on to a myth in order to sustain your false hope and "will power". By the way, we still hold areas taken in 1979. If we got such a spanking, why don't you take it back? Little southern barbarians never lack will power right?

I'm hungry now, maybe I will go eat some of these magical Vietnamese will power.

China (Hans) stolen robbed our Islands with force 1974, 1988, not "you", manchuria native boy.

Come back to manchuria to take back your land, don't troll here, yoker !

Why are the Vietcongs here summing up what Aircraft Carriers the US Navy has? I thought their VN Navy "defeated" the US Navy, and are considered the strongest Navy in the world.

US navy went home when Vietnam war finished 1975 and we taken back Cam Ranh bay. It's clear.

There isn't an American warship that can take on Type 052D. I think when Type 052D is commissioned, the US navy would be put back to its place in the Pacific.

There isn't an American warship that can take on Type 052D. I think when Type 052D is commissioned, the US navy would be put back to its place in the Pacific.

The Type 052D right now is equivalent to the Arleigh Burke Flight IIA, to say it can't be taken by any US warship is simply too exaggerated.

With more than 50 Chinese Aegis warships made by the Type 052D and the Type 055, then the USN should consider to withdraw back to the eastern Pacific Ocean.

The Type 052D right now is equivalent to the Arleigh Burke Flight IIA, to say it can't be taken by any US warship is simply too exaggerated.

With more than 50 Chinese Aegis warships made by the Type 052D and the Type 055, then the USN should consider to withdraw back to the eastern Pacific Ocean.

Problem with Arleigh Burke is that it lacks decent anti ship weapons. Flight IIA downright has no anti ship missiles. Type 052D are armed with very potent Mach 5 and 500 km ranged vertically launched YJ-12 anti ship missiles. Type 052D would make mince meat out of Arleigh Burke.

Problem with Arleigh Burke is that it lacks decent anti ship weapons. Flight IIA downright has no anti ship missiles. Type 052D are armed with very potent Mach 5 and 500 km ranged vertically launched YJ-12 anti ship missiles. Type 052D would make mince meat out of Arleigh Burke.

One on one, the Type 052D has very powerful air defense and anti-ship systems, but the combat radius of the aircraft carrier is 1000km, thus it cannot be deterred by one single destroyer.

China now is technologically on par with the US in the destroyer, and it also catches up in the nuclear submarine, the only area we are now really lacking is the aircraft carrier.

We still have to build our own nuclear aircraft carrier to prove ourselves.

J-15 is vastly superior to F/A-18E. 1 J-15 can destroy over 10 F/A-18E in 1 sortie.

America uses destroyers for anti air and carriers for anti ship. China, being the opposite, uses carriers for anti air and destroyers for anti ship.

"but the combat radius of the aircraft carrier is 1000km"

F/A-18E combat radius is only 722 km for anti ship.

Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

J-15 is a very large aircraft, even with a ski-jump takeoff, its combat radius can still match that of the F-18E/F with a catapult takeoff.

J-15 is a very large aircraft, even with a ski-jump takeoff, its combat radius can still match that of the F-18E/F with a catapult takeoff.

Catapults are prone to failure. A ski jump cannot mechanically fail. J-15 is primarily a fleet defense fighter, armed with at least 12 long range air to air missiles.

LOL, so this thread became place where Chinese member swank about their military power are superior to compare with USA.

All these carriers were weaker than a modernized Liaoning, including the CVN-65, even it was nuclear with steam catapults, but you can't expect an aircraft carrier with the aircrafts and electronics of 1960-1970s to beat a modernized late-1980s Soviet carrier.
you are just another delusional Chinese.

@S10: Where're you get this "claim over 70% SCS" !? I never heard about this, can you give some clues !???

Vietnam EEZ :-)

EEZ Waters Of Viet Nam

eez704_0.png

Last edited:
All these carriers were weaker than a modernized Liaoning, including the CVN-65, even it was nuclear with steam catapults, but you can't expect an aircraft carrier with the aircrafts and electronics of 1960-1970s to beat a modernized late-1980s Soviet carrier.
Damn...That is funny the degree of delusion from the Chinese.

J-15 is vastly superior to F/A-18E. 1 J-15 can destroy over 10 F/A-18E in 1 sortie.

America uses destroyers for anti air and carriers for anti ship. China, being the opposite, uses carriers for anti air and destroyers for anti ship.

"but the combat radius of the aircraft carrier is 1000km"

F/A-18E combat radius is only 722 km for anti ship.

Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I see more Chinese suffer hallucination these days, uncless you can cite any air combats, can´t you?

I see more Chinese suffer hallucination these days, uncless you can cite any air combats, can´t you?

It's quite funny to see how Chinese member brag about how Chinese technology matches yesterday US technology lol

I mean, if the old stuff is what they want to match, I guess I have no answer for it

It's quite funny to see how Chinese member brag about how Chinese technology matches yesterday US technology lol

I mean, if the old stuff is what they want to match, I guess I have no answer for it
yeah Chinese think they have become supermen. Perhaps the smog has killed off their brain cells. For instance this superboy guy claims (you can enjoy it, LOL):
"J-15 is vastly superior to F/A-18E. 1 J-15 can destroy over 10 F/A-18E in 1 sortie."

Really weird, VN government keeps silent on the latest escalation in the region, even all media do not mention anything, neither a word on ADIZ in the ECS nor the presence of the Laoning carrier in the SCS.

Very suspicious: VN state media reports the PLA Army Maj. Gen. Kan Li Kui, Deputy Chief of the Operations Department under the General Staff Department, visited Hanoi on November 25. On that day, China announced the "defence zone".

What a coincidence.

No, I correct, China announced the zone on 23 Nov, but a VN Communist Party delegation visited China on the 20 Nov.

Chinese army official visits Vietnam | VOV Online Newspaper
ADIZ is actually good for country to defend their airspace.

When US say "Freedom of flight"/"Freedom of navigation", it is actually saying US has the right to fly or sail their warplane and warship right up to another country territory airspace/water.

US want this because US is military strong and powerful. With the "Freedom of flight"/"Freedom of navigation", the powerful US military can get very close to the border of weak country with support from international law.

That way US can fly their surveillance plane and warship towards the border of country that US don't like like Iran or North Korea and threaten them with force.

Therefore small and military weak country prefer the ADIZ or EEZ law that can prevent military strong country like US to bully them with military aggressive move close to their border to threaten them.

US now has set the standard to ignore ADIZ.

That mean strong and big country like US and yes China too when China become militarily strong can threaten small country without worrying about violating international law.

Back
Top Bottom