What's new

Aircraft carrier Liaoning begins drills in sensitive South China Sea with battle group

Is Liaoning still considered a training ship or fully functional aircraft carrier now?

Aircraft carrier Liaoning begins drills in sensitive South China Sea with battle group

125773093_41n.jpg

China's first aircraft carrier has set off for training exercises in the politically sensitive waters of the South China Sea.

Will Liaonings route around Taiwan (dotted line) take it into Japans territorial waters?
Has China's recent announcement of extension of ADIZ in East China sea be influenced by the route Liaoning will need to take to reach SCS?

Does the lion inform the cats when he will be walking by? Surely the lion must be concerned that the cats might get into an armed confrontation with him.

Americans damn near bombed your country back to the stone age with their carrier groups, and yet you're not concerned that they're showing up at your door step all the time. One time we take ours there for exercise, you get your panties in a bunch.
The Americans now come as friend, and perhaps an ally depending on how you behalve.
Chinese Empire including Vietnam? You have some wild imagination.

Since 1949, we did not increase our territorial and ocean claim by a single square inch. Where we draw the line today is exactly where we drew it in 1949. The only difference between then and now is that we have the economic and military strength to back up our claim.
your aggressively drawn fcking 9 dash line is a source of tension and the sole reason why the Amerians return to Vietnam and the region. Throw your claim into a trash bin!

It's not:
ok, you are right. But something is missing here: a puzzle piece. I try to find out.

Last edited:
your aggressively drawn fcking 9 dash line is a source of tension and the sole reason why the Amerians return to Vietnam and the region. Throw your claim into a trash bin!
If China stop claim its 9 dash line, then Russia may halt weapon tech transfer to VN and US may not allow VN to enrich Uranium bcz they dont need VN to contain China in the South anymore.

So, let China keep its aggressive move, we will make profit from that. If China is not a bad boy, then no one need small and backward VN anymore

If China stop claim its 9 dash line, then Russia may halt weapon tech transfer to VN and US may not allow VN to enrich Uranium bcz they dont need VN to contain China in the South anymore.

So, let China keep its aggressive move, we will make profit from that. If China is not a bad boy, then no one need small and backward VN anymore
I read Chinese want to establish ADIZ in the South China Sea as well. I´m afraid situation gets ugly.

I read Chinese want to establish ADIZ in the South China Sea as well. I´m afraid situation gets ugly.
let them keep barking , SCS(east sea) is near VN but far from China , VN still control the large and the most important part of it and China is just not strong enough to control the sky of the whole SCS(east sea)

china_spratly_distance_to_neighboring_countries.jpg

CCTV news “LiaoNing” CV-16 back to SanYa carrier port, HaiNan island
142722q4on4o4g1mmn191l.jpg.thumb.jpg

142616ql6j2ji84eni12ls.jpg.thumb.jpg

142425vvngkk4zgs3i34o3.jpg.thumb.jpg

142824q8ik8kka3saa3ikr.jpg.thumb.jpg

SanYa military port for China aircraft carrier
110614iw22ye8q19rwq2y9.jpg.thumb.jpg

110738s7c14osmw76kvs9f.jpg.thumb.jpg

let them keep barking , SCS(east sea) is near VN but far from China , VN still control the large and the most important part of it and China is just not strong enough to control the sky of the whole SCS(east sea)
U r right, future PLAN's carrier strick group will be so easy to change the situation in SCS.

U r right, future PLAN's carrier strick group will be so easy to change the situation in SCS.
Stupid aggressive move of China is a good excuse for VN to restart our plan to unify Sub Mekong region that was postpone bcz of war wt China and sanction of US from 1979 to 1988 :pop:

great-mekong-subregion-east-west-economic-corridor.gif

He,he fake carrier.
Arresters equipment made by Chinese is fake, it could not work suddenly, so Liao Ning is big ferry and usless.

Russia refuses to sell arresters for Chinese aircraft carrier
U mean this "fake" arrester eqiupment ??! :angel:
11113674155_dff707c608_o.jpg

11113674385_e65909ff5f_o.jpg

11113674665_4761f0b586_o.jpg

11113674975_c794ea0101_o.jpg

11113674995_6ea65218cc_o.jpg

Stupid aggressive move of China is a good excuse for VN to restart our plan to unify Sub Mekong region that was postpone bcz of war wt China and sanction of US from 1979 to 1988 :pop:

great-mekong-subregion-east-west-economic-corridor.gif
Hello my frined, Thailand !:cheers:

CCTV news “LiaoNing” CV-16 back to SanYa carrier port, HaiNan island
142722q4on4o4g1mmn191l.jpg.thumb.jpg

142616ql6j2ji84eni12ls.jpg.thumb.jpg

that is fine. But pls come back as tourist. LOL

Don´t make the mistake to think you can intimidate Vietnam with 1, 2 or even 3 carriers. You should know the US arms forces deployed 22 carriers during the war with Vietnam.

US aircraft carriers in the Vietnam War | wittwer.nl

300px-USS_Midway%3B024105.jpg

1. USS America (CV-66)
2. USS Bennington (CV-20)
3. USS Bon Homme Richard (CV-31)
4. USS Constellation (CV-64)
5. USS Coral Sea (CV-43)
6. USS Enterprise (CVN-65)
7. USS Forrestal (CV-59)
8. USS Hancock (CV-19)
9. USS Hornet (CV-12)
10.USS Independence (CV-62)
11.USS Intrepid (CV-11)
12.USS Kearsarge (CV-33)
13.USS Kitty Hawk (CV-63)
14.USS Lexington (CV-16)
15.USS Midway (CV-41)
16.USS Oriskany (CV-34)
17.USS Ranger (CV-61)
18.USS Saratoga (CV-60)
19.USS Shangri-La (CV-38)
20.USS Ticonderoga (CV-14)
21.USS Valley Forge (CV-45)
22.USS Yorktown (CV-10)

I´m not sure what Chinese have in mind these days. Have they notified Vietnam and others in the region beforehand about this "visit" in the SCS?

Any mistake or miscalculation of either side would lead to an arms confrontation, that nobody wants at the end of the day.

Don't be so sensitive friend. There's a harbor being constructed since long ago in Haina. This time Liaoning is just transferred to this new harbor.

Besides, fleet drill need a huge space, but American and Japanese ships crowd in East sea nowadays. So have fleet drill in South sea is a good choice.

Anyway, I don't think the transferring of Liaoning is because of Southeast countries.

but your people are more coward, ur govt. is more corrupted than in 1949 and they willing to flee to other countries when war happen :pop:
We have a stronger military and economy today than any other time in history. We can make short work of you if we desired. Consider it our mercy that your ships can enter the disputed area at all.

Don't be so sensitive friend. There's a harbor being constructed since long ago in Haina. This time Liaoning is just transferred to this new harbor.

Besides, fleet drill need a huge space, but American and Japanese ships crowd in East sea nowadays. So have fleet drill in South sea is a good choice.

Anyway, I don't think the transferring of Liaoning is because of Southeast countries.
yeah, may be that's right, but I think there's more reason for PRC take that operation.

Come on,bro. CV-16 in SCS is her 17th sea trial, before 16x sea trials all sailing in East China Sea.
Just this time CV-16 1st operate carrier strick group to SCS, other 16x single sea trial in ECS.
2013050818_074a908f8194750f4880WilWwtJtRa41.jpg

Liao Ning is feared from USA USS George Washington was deployed off the Japanese island of Okinawa then run to South.

131128014429-photoex-2-horizontal-gallery.jpg

China's presence looms amid massive U.S.-Japanese AnnualEx war games
By Paul Armstrong, CNN
November 28, 2013 -- Updated 1437 GMT (2237 HKT)

China's presence looms amid massive U.S.-Japanese AnnualEx war games - CNN.com

Liao Ning is feared from USA USS George Washington was deployed off the Japanese island of Okinawa then run to South.

131128014429-photoex-2-horizontal-gallery.jpg

China's presence looms amid massive U.S.-Japanese AnnualEx war games
By Paul Armstrong, CNN
November 28, 2013 -- Updated 1437 GMT (2237 HKT)

China's presence looms amid massive U.S.-Japanese AnnualEx war games - CNN.com

Liaoning is heading to south.

China doesnt need Liaoning to handle nimitz and us military presence in Japan. Fighter planes from China mainland could reach chinese ADIZ.

Back
Top Bottom