What's new

Air Marshal (Rtd) Masood Akhtar Discusses Block 3 and Project AZM - 5 Dec 2019

:disagree::disagree::disagree:they ditch Su-57 for technological reasons, so what options they have for 5th gen jets only two options they have either they will go TFX that ain't going to happened and second they will go KFX ,these projects are long way to go, they are considering F-35 for their carriers along with RAFALE M/F/A 18 E/F
Yeah thats so unfortunate

:disagree:

nothing below Air Chief Marshal is acceptable .... :crazy_pilot:

not even a TV show but an interview to a youtube channel

Hi,

Underestimate youtube channel interviews are your peril---. The rank of the interviewee is legitimate----the questions are legitimate---so what different questions and answers would be on a news channel if the format was the same---?

Sorry bro, but i'd have to disagree with you on that.

I know you to be one of the major F-16 fans on PDF (like myself), but though US & most NATO Allies are replacing the F-16 with the state-of the-art F-35, there is no way the US will ever offer us the F-35.

The only way I see the F-35 in the PAF inventory is if the US go out full WAR mode with Iran & somehow get Pakistan involved in it. Chance are slim to none on that scenario.

So, F-16 Block 72 & upgrades on present F-16 is The Best offer we'll ever muster out of the US; and that too will come at a cost - and i'm not talking about money.

Its also been discussed is the past and a new Member also mentioned that US won't be offering India the F-35 because of the S-400 Deal. The US/Lockheed Martin went to a lot of distance crafting the F-21 which they claim to have the F-35 DNA*.
*explained to me by the (former) Test Pilot of the F-16 for Lockheed Martin during the DxB Air Show.

So, I doubt the F-35 to be in conversation for either Nation in this part of the World.

As for the J-20 and the Y-20... China has made it clear that they are not for Export, but one really needs to wonder/raise the question if those rules apply to their all-weather ally: Pakistan
Bro I believe on this beacuse we have a big fleet of falcons. US won't let pak go Chinese camp neither Pak wants too US coming to invest in Pak So investment and military hardware goes hand in hand they are disappoint with India also Mod regime too along for PAF F35 along F16V and later replace all older F16s with F35 would be nice F35 along project Azam like JF-17 and F16s goes hand in hand.

Thanks for tagging me but honestly, ... it is a TV show and an interview from a retired Air Marshall! So what do you expect? IMO it was show, some vague hints to spur hopes .. but nothing more.

Let's wait and see

not even a TV show but an interview to a youtube channel

Hi,

You men are so out of touch of reality---I don't know which world you are living in---.

In the 80's and 90's guys similar to you said the same thing about books of fiction on wars and weapons---.

Till the agency found found out in the late 90's that those were the biggest sources of technology leaks to china---.

Some how they found out that china is the largest buyer of these works of fiction---red flags went up---writers were releasing information just " too innocently "---even thought the books written by retd agency operators or ex military are vetted---but when thousands of books are in print---thousand slipped thru the system.

You men write on defense forums and yet don't understand how information gets leaked out---.

Every service member with some say wants to talk about his / her achievement---. Every scientist wants the scientist on the other side know what he / she has done---and that is just for SHOW OFF---like saying---" hey---it is me---look what I have done---see my name is attached to it---".

Retired Air Vice Marshall of any air force would have all the known secrets of that nation's military and you two have the audacity to make fun of this person's interview---.

Pakistani requirements are light-weight fighters and medium-weight fighters. Just two platforms. Currently it has four.

Since Pakistan started churning out JF-17 Thunders block after block to replace all the light-weight fighters in its inventory (A5, F7 and Mirage), there's no longer any talk of Pakistan even imagining to import a new foreign light-weight platform. That case is indefinitely closed.

Similiary, Pakistan will build its own medium-weight fighter to replace it's only current medium-weight platform, the F-16s. It will not buy a new platform as it doesn't feel the need to but will only accept more F-16s from wherever they become available over the years (and many will because of many F-16s all over the world being replaced by F-35s).

Pakistan had spent a lot of money academically educating and training Pakistanis in China to build the JF-17 Thunders and it also spent a lot of money setting up the infrastructure to build the JF-17 Thunders within Pakistan. The same guys are now involved in the design and development of the Pakistani Fighters.

Had Pakistan not taken the Project Azm route, all that knowledge and experience acquired from the JF-17 Thunder project (1999-2016) would've been lost and PAF would've been back at square one.

Just remember while Pakistan is designing a brand new fighter from scratch under Project Azm, at the same time it is also developing the JF-17 Thunder to it's maximum potential. All that is being learned from the JF-17 Thunder program will be transferred to PF-65 Sultans.

While your analysis is spot on, there is another facet, history tells us that if China is not providing certain tech overtly to Pakistan it will do it covertly (quietly is probably the right word but does not rhyme). Most of Pakistani developments have some sort of Chinese input.

If you Read PAF's official's body language regarding Fifth Generation development, they are very confident, if they would be relaying on their own expertise or some one else's under development project (assume Turkey), they would never be this confident.
It looks like the road map of development is completely figured out, China has decided to pass necessary tech to Pakistan for Fifth generation development, sub-systems will be procured from all over the world, but Architecture, aerodynamic and structural design will be carried out with help of Chinese Partners.

Based on my understanding of PAC's expertise, I am assuming that PAC will be leading the early (conceptual and prelim design) and late stages (flight testing and integration), while Chinese partners will be leading detailed design, certifications and critical design review.

So the gist is regardless if J-20 is sold to Pakistan or not, its tech will be used by PAC and will be part of PAF.

@15:18 we have develop our own SPJ ....

so anyone have any info .... ???

JF-17_229d.jpg

I also believe instead of F16s blk 70 US can offer us F35s along V uogardes as well as Pak economy is picking Up its very likely too I don't think PAF will go ozgur if we getting new and old F16s V upgrades will be Grummans one PAF should ask in house Upgrades at Kamra or Jacobabad

Why would we even want to go for that junk called F-35?

Unless Indian decided to initiate a war with China with US blessing or place a multi billion dollar F-18, F-21 order to show some initiative about phasing out Russian tech, US isn’t going to offer F-35 to India.

On the other hand, Pakistan needs to show some cash and local capability of either producing or obtaining stealth tech.

Unless Indian decided to initiate a war with China with US blessing or place a multi billion dollar F-18, F-21 order to show some initiative about phasing out Russian tech, US isn’t going to offer F-35 to India.

On the other hand, Pakistan needs to show some cash and local capability of either producing or obtaining stealth tech.

If India gave up on PAK-FA and shows no interest in F-35 but instead has chosen a 4.5 Gen Rafale, then why does Pakistan need to waste it's money on stealth?

Do you foresee Pakistan wanting to launch airstrikes a thousand mile deep inside Indian territory in the next decade or two?

If India gave up on PAK-FA and shows no interest in F-35 but instead has chosen a 4.5 Gen Rafale, then why does Pakistan need to waste it's money on stealth?

Do you foresee Pakistan wanting to launch airstrikes a thousand mile deep inside Indian territory in the next decade or two?
Yes, if Pakistan acquire capability to do so. Once capability is achieved, tactic and doctrine will evolve automatically.

Usually the top officials in bureaucracies, particularly the heads of organizations, do not have all the details. Since they tend to supervise the works of multiple sectors within their organization(s) they prefer summaries and briefs over details, especially given the time limitations. Though I do believe ACM has complete access to information on Azm the most reliable sources, however, would be the chairman PAC and personnel in charge of Azm's development. Good luck getting any information from them.

He teases a POSSIBLE collaboration with Turks at 07:50
Ohhhh, he says “We haven’t flew J-20 yet due to lack of dual seater but IF WE PURSUE J-20 politically, it COULD become available to us.
@MastanKhan you are being acknowledged on a tv show by a rtd AM

According to him,
Block 3 features :
1 - AESA Radar (Chinese or a Russian o_O)
2 - IFR Probe (already available)
3 - Locally developed Self Protection jammer
4 - PL-5, SD-10, PL-15 (In response to Meteor)

Upon asking for Rafale situation, He answered “Tech flow nai ruksakta” and previously he said “Politics aur economics theek hojaye” implying relations with USA, then F-16 along with thunders can remain backbone. This implies future plans for F-16 upgrades inshaAllah. Be it V or If Turkey comes up with a solution (this would result in loss of business for USA) so most probably V.

I like the line Tech flow can not be stopped, its the universal truth no matter how much west wants to restrict cutting edge tech. it will be spread out soon or later.
Regarding PL-15 as counter to Meteor its not about just missile its the full package.
Rafale paired with Meteor is way more advanced solution than a PL-15 paired with JF17 BLK3.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom