What's new

Air Marshal (Rtd) Masood Akhtar Discusses Block 3 and Project AZM - 5 Dec 2019

Natural replacement of F16s are F35 I won't be surprise over F35 offer plus lot 13 is less than 100 million a copy
Sorry bro, but i'd have to disagree with you on that.

I know you to be one of the major F-16 fans on PDF (like myself), but though US & most NATO Allies are replacing the F-16 with the state-of the-art F-35, there is no way the US will ever offer us the F-35.

The only way I see the F-35 in the PAF inventory is if the US go out full WAR mode with Iran & somehow get Pakistan involved in it. Chance are slim to none on that scenario.

So, F-16 Block 72 & upgrades on present F-16 is The Best offer we'll ever muster out of the US; and that too will come at a cost - and i'm not talking about money.

Its also been discussed is the past and a new Member also mentioned that US won't be offering India the F-35 because of the S-400 Deal. The US/Lockheed Martin went to a lot of distance crafting the F-21 which they claim to have the F-35 DNA*.
*explained to me by the (former) Test Pilot of the F-16 for Lockheed Martin during the DxB Air Show.

So, I doubt the F-35 to be in conversation for either Nation in this part of the World.

As for the J-20 and the Y-20... China has made it clear that they are not for Export, but one really needs to wonder/raise the question if those rules apply to their all-weather ally: Pakistan

F16 block 72s are possible in near future once our economy is better. I always thought we needed another fighter jet platform other than f16s, jf17s but it seems Paf will not be going for it and instead will induct more f16s and jf17 block 3s and then go for the 5th generation.

Pakistani requirements are light-weight fighters and medium-weight fighters. Just two platforms. Currently it has four.

Since Pakistan started churning out JF-17 Thunders block after block to replace all the light-weight fighters in its inventory (A5, F7 and Mirage), there's no longer any talk of Pakistan even imagining to import a new foreign light-weight platform. That case is indefinitely closed.

Similiary, Pakistan will build its own medium-weight fighter to replace it's only current medium-weight platform, the F-16s. It will not buy a new platform as it doesn't feel the need to but will only accept more F-16s from wherever they become available over the years (and many will because of many F-16s all over the world being replaced by F-35s).

Pakistan had spent a lot of money academically educating and training Pakistanis in China to build the JF-17 Thunders and it also spent a lot of money setting up the infrastructure to build the JF-17 Thunders within Pakistan. The same guys are now involved in the design and development of the Pakistani Fighters.

Had Pakistan not taken the Project Azm route, all that knowledge and experience acquired from the JF-17 Thunder project (1999-2016) would've been lost and PAF would've been back at square one.

Just remember while Pakistan is designing a brand new fighter from scratch under Project Azm, at the same time it is also developing the JF-17 Thunder to it's maximum potential. All that is being learned from the JF-17 Thunder program will be transferred to PF-65 Sultans.

As for the J-20 and the Y-20... China has made it clear that they are not for Export, but one really needs to wonder/raise the question if those rules apply to their all-weather ally: Pakistan
Based on my assessment of the Pak-China relationship from the 60s to the present day ... those rules don't apply.

Based on my assessment of the Pak-China relationship from the 60s to the present day ... those rules don't apply.
how can you assume sir there are certain things that China can't export to its closest ally, does USA export F-22 to its closest ally Israel???o_O:what::undecided:

how can you assume sir there are certain things that China can't export to its closest ally, does USA export F-22 to its closest ally Israel???o_O:what::undecided:
A couple of things come to mind based on your inquiry...

1. Lockheed Martin doesn't manufacture the F-22 Raptor (anymore).
2. Fear of espionage - that its Tech could end up in the wrong hands and/or if it were shot down, again its Tech ending up in the hands of China/Russia.

A couple of things come to mind based on your inquiry...

1. Lockheed Martin doesn't manufacture the F-22 Raptor (anymore).
2. Fear of espionage - that its Tech could end up in the wrong hands and/or if it were shot down, again its Tech ending up in the hands of China/Russia.
And same goes to J-20 with exception of your first point

China has offered and provided much more, over the years. That's all I am going to say.
But I am not asking you to take me seriously.

BTW, view this YouTube video ... a worthy analysis from the Indian perspective and watch it whole ... but after 20:00 of the video till the end ... you might get something related to this discussion.

Sorry bro, but i'd have to disagree with you on that.

I know you to be one of the major F-16 fans on PDF (like myself), but though US & most NATO Allies are replacing the F-16 with the state-of the-art F-35, there is no way the US will ever offer us the F-35.

The only way I see the F-35 in the PAF inventory is if the US go out full WAR mode with Iran & somehow get Pakistan involved in it. Chance are slim to none on that scenario.

So, F-16 Block 72 & upgrades on present F-16 is The Best offer we'll ever muster out of the US; and that too will come at a cost - and i'm not talking about money.

Its also been discussed is the past and a new Member also mentioned that US won't be offering India the F-35 because of the S-400 Deal. The US/Lockheed Martin went to a lot of distance crafting the F-21 which they claim to have the F-35 DNA*.
*explained to me by the (former) Test Pilot of the F-16 for Lockheed Martin during the DxB Air Show.

So, I doubt the F-35 to be in conversation for either Nation in this part of the World.

U have money. U have F 35. Simple

China has offered and provided much more, over the years. That's all I am going to say.
But I am not asking you to take me seriously.

BTW, view this YouTube video ... a worthy analysis from the Indian perspective and watch it whole ... but after 20:00 of the video till the end ... you might get something related to this discussion.
I already see this video in other thread sir, And please tell me when china offered J-20 to us, they only offered FC-31/J-31 to us and what about J-20 tech could fell into wrong hands (India/USA) as @Trailer23 refer (espionage)

No Chance for Pakistan in near or far future:disagree:

I already see this video in other thread sir, And please tell me when china offered J-20 to us, they only offered FC-31/J-31 to us and what about J-20 tech could fell into wrong hands (India/USA) as @Trailer23 refer (espionage)
To that all I will say is that "To each his own opinion".
I think the broader sense of the message being presented needs to be grasped.
Specifics need not be discussed on a public forum.

Let India buy Russian 5th gen and then u place tender of Multi billion dollar for 5th gen jet. U will see US offering us them
:disagree::disagree::disagree:they ditch Su-57 for technological reasons, so what options they have for 5th gen jets only two options they have either they will go TFX that ain't going to happened and second they will go KFX ,these projects are long way to go, they are considering F-35 for their carriers along with RAFALE M/F/A 18 E/F

Begging your pardon, but its not as simple as you make it sound. There are Nations out there that have (much) deeper pockets spending a great deal on their Defense, but you don't see US offering them the F-35.
Let India buy Russian 5th gen and then u place tender of Multi billion dollar for 5th gen jet. U will see US offering us them
India has already pulled out of the Russian 5th Generation jet (Su-57), so that conversation is a dead end.

Bro, we can barely score (used) F-16 from the US or a Third Party - and you're already claiming purchase of F-35.

Lets stay on Planet Earth & attempt acquiring equipment that we can actually get our hands on, rather than dream about equipment that the US won't keep in striking distance of us.

Back
Top Bottom