What's new

Air Force Question Thread

The question is not how a UAV would fight against a fighter aircraft. The real threat would be on board jammers, early warning regarding the threat coming to UAVs in operation and Friendly assistance in the form of SAMs and aerial support. Nobody would leave a REAPER class UAV, unprotected...

I have a question here.
why JF17 have G-Limit less than +9? even F7PG Hvae G-Limit of -3/+9g. some sources say that It does not have negative static ability

jf17 has 8-8.5G capability probably because of the underpowered enjine and less than 1 thrust to weight ratio.. [only in the first 50 jets]

I have a question here.
why JF17 have G-Limit less than +9? even F7PG Hvae G-Limit of -3/+9g. some sources say that It does not have negative static ability

JF-17 has G Limit of +8.5/-3.

Serial production of JF-17 aircraft to start soon, NA body told

ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) would soon start serial production of JF-17 Thunder in collaboration with China, Standing Committee of the National Assembly on Defence Production was informed on Thursday.

The committee, headed by Sheikh Aftab Ahmad, visited the PAC and was given a detailed briefing on the ongoing projects. PAC Chairman Air Marshal Khalid Chaudhry gave a detailed briefing on the projects, informing them that the PAC has set up the factory for initiating the serial aircraft’s production. He said PAC had the capability to manufacture 75 percent of avionics and 58 percent of air-frame of the fighter aircraft.

About other projects being carried out by PAC, he said facility had been overhauling around 180 engines of various fighter jets and 60 aircraft a year. He also said the Mirage Rebuild Factory, which is a part of PAC has been rebuilding 35-year old Mirage aircraft, which were bought as scrap from various countries.

The chairman as well as members of the committee appreciated the work being carried out at PAC. They assured their full support to the management of PAC. app

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

jf17 has 8-8.5G capability probably because of the underpowered enjine and less than 1 thrust to weight ratio.. [only in the first 50 jets]

That is not how you tell weight to thrust ratio Son. And I don't think most people know the exact WTR of JF-17. its way above you think.;)

Last edited:
The question is not how a UAV would fight against a fighter aircraft. The real threat would be on board jammers, early warning regarding the threat coming to UAVs in operation and Friendly assistance in the form of SAMs and aerial support. Nobody would leave a REAPER class UAV, unprotected...

Raheel I have a question for you. When you are on finals for landing and are about 5 miles away in a A-5. What call does a pilot give to ATC. Can you share that with us please.

Last edited:
85 Mirages were upgraded to ROSE standard, all ex-RAAF & ex-Arme de Air, with 20 under ROSE II & the rest ROSE I. ROSE II machines have the DART FLIR in place of the Grifo M3. The other Mirages are too depreciated, with the possible exception of the Mirage 5PA3/PA2s & their two-seater versions in the Mirage 5DPA2.

Does anyone know how many Mirage iii/V were upgraded to Rose-2 standard and how many were upgraded to Rose-3 standard? and what kind of Radar and Avionics, ew suites does Rose-3 has?

I have heard that ROSE-3 are upgraded with Italian FIAR Grifo 2000/16 Radar, has (ImIR) capability, ECM (Electronic Countermeasures), self-protection jamming pod, electronic reconnaissance pod, FILAT, Helmet-Mounted Sights, french avionics. Is this ture?

Mirage ROSE-III that can carry out surgical strike missions using long-range glide bombs.

Is there a way to upgrade Mirage III/V with RD-93 engine?

Here is the picture of Mirage III with Rose-3 upgrade.

Last edited:
Raheel I have a question for you. When you are on finals for landing and are about 5 miles away in a A-5. What call does a pilot give to ATC. Can you share that with us please.

Raheel you have just been called out!

Asalam o alikum to all members,

I have question about our jet fighters inventory.As we know we haven't get our Upgraded f-16 and f-16 C/D block 52.Our Jf-17 is in testing process and we also haven't get FC-20's from china.We have mirage rose III and f-7pg in active condition and i think mirage is better than f-7.
Can our members tell us about Paf mirage's That how much upgraded,radar specification,Is it Bvr capable,which Bvr missile we have for mirage and how much range is of it?

dear, sir
i guss differnt conditions, & different situation, makes best ! different ACs

well its right that who is behind the machine.I am asking about Mirage rose III avionics Specifications?

syedmobeenali;sir
i am not a concerned person on the issue!
but i guss, Mirage rose III plus F-7 PGS were the best for me, i guss its not just a plane, when we are talking about PAF!:tup:
but its more about combinations, maybe many commrades dissagree with me , & there answer goes to F-16s, but Mirage & F-7s are the most flyed combo , of PAF.:agree::tup:
SPECIALLY Mirage rose III ,plus 5 were the most oldest airwarriors , defending pakistan's aerospace!:azn::undecided:

Back
Top Bottom