What's new

Air Force Question Thread

i think they are ''analysing'' at least with a modicum of interest ---UAE Mirage-2000s

i think they are ''analysing'' at least with a modicum of interest ---UAE Mirage-2000s
nope they are not as those mirages will need upgrades which are too expensive, besides its used by india..well if we get them free than it may be another story,,:cheers:

nope they are not as those mirages will need upgrades which are too expensive, besides its used by india..well if we get them free than it may be another story,,:cheers:

its a long shot but one never knows!

india went for 50 odd upgrades worth 2.4 billion..
why would pakistan but and upgrade them in such large numbers..we can go for near 100 j-10 at that cost..even jf-17 is quite comparable to that role..if we get them as a gift from UAE (which is possible, i guss) then PAF would think to induct them..i said think, as adding infrastruture etc will be complicated thing

india went for 50 odd upgrades worth 2.4 billion..
why would pakistan but and upgrade them in such large numbers..we can go for near 100 j-10 at that cost..even jf-17 is quite comparable to that role..if we get them as a gift from UAE (which is possible, i guss) then PAF would think to induct them..i said think, as adding infrastruture etc will be complicated thing

Good question, 2.4 million for 51 fighters. Quality matters...we are convinced that french systems are very good. (I still believe the cost is very high).

YOu need to pay more for good systems.

One doubt,

Ever R-77 or |R-73 being fired upon any F-15,16 ot 18 aircrafts?

not accurate - the Alize was shot-down by PAF own starfighter.

But sir, i ve discussed it with a Sqn Ldr of No 8 Sqn and he two mentioned that it was a Jordanian aircraft and also read it some where before. access f-104 delivered to Pakistan by Jordan were stationed at Masroor. a few of them had Desert Camouflage.

But sir, i ve discussed it with a Sqn Ldr of No 8 Sqn and he two mentioned that it was a Jordanian aircraft and also read it some where before. access f-104 delivered to Pakistan by Jordan were stationed at Masroor. a few of them had Desert Camouflage.

i dont agree with what u say, but they were never used in combat.

i dont agree with what u say, but they were never used in combat.

Yes I can confirm that - I once asked Muradk and he clearly mentioned that Jordnonians air craft arrived without ejections tapes for seats hence PAF did not use them.

ok... thats quite help full. i ve come to know from another source recently that it was not Jordanian.
thanx .

That question was related to this work of mine.
22245010150262253903680.jpg

22443510150262253038680.jpg

19773110150263067713680.jpg

and here i wrote Serial 56-803, which crashed before 71 war. will rub it and put some sunlight effect on it to erase it from picture. because still no body knows which aircraft downed Alize !
20595310150263069093680.jpg

Yes I can confirm that - I once asked Muradk and he clearly mentioned that Jordnonians air craft arrived without ejections tapes for seats hence PAF did not use them.

I believe the ejection seat problem was with the F-5s which came. Did the F-104s share the same problem?

Good question, 2.4 million for 51 fighters. Quality matters...we are convinced that french systems are very good. (I still believe the cost is very high).

YOu need to pay more for good systems.

india traditionally is blankcheck country for defence weapons..americans and french have sold same equipment half the price what its selling to india..you can compare the prices of c-130, globe master..even the french equipment sales follow the same suit

Back
Top Bottom