What's new

Air Force Question Thread

i have a question, wouldn't it be better if PAF scrap plans for J-10B, and go with Anti-ballistic missile system?
since we dont have enough money to acquire both equipment at same time..

or create funds from somewhere to buy missile system, because i think its probably the most important defensive weapon that we dont posses.

i have a question, wouldn't it be better if PAF scrap plans for J-10B, and go with Anti-ballistic missile system?
since we dont have enough money to acquire both equipment at same time..

or create funds from somewhere to buy missile system, because i think its probably the most important defensive weapon that we dont posses.

air defence needs are on secound option always in PAF they trust on jets more then air defence sir.

air defence needs are on secound option always in PAF they trust on jets more then air defence sir.

i understand, but im more concern about ballistic missiles and cruise missiles....
we need a long range air defence system to counter ballistic missiles

I've heard that the government has prohibited the air force from inducting any twin-engine fighters until 2019. Is that true? And, if so, what's the reasoning behind it?

I've heard that the government has prohibited the air force from inducting any twin-engine fighters until 2019. Is that true? And, if so, what's the reasoning behind it?

from whom have you heard this pl.

from whom have you heard this pl.

Just around these forums. I read two posts over the last few days that said that. One of them is here, http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/3218-j-10-fc-20-mrca-250.html (post #3739). Can't seem to find the one which referred to some sort of cabinet order.

I've been digging around on the Internet for some official confirmation, but no luck so far. Any information would be greatly appreciated. The aircraft planned for induction in the next five years as well as the current inventory are single-engined, correct?

''One-engine fighter aircraft is not my view but PAF.F-16, FC-20, and JF-17 are all one-engine and as per AFFDP-2019 no new fighter aircraft till atleast 2019.Both F-6 & A-5 were and are nighmaret to run a small check on the engine or any one engine.''
- H Khan said it in 2006

Armed Forces Development Programme 2019

The modernization stall would end in April 2006 when the Pakistani cabinet approved the Pakistan Air Force's proposal to procure 350 new fighters from the U.S and China. The Pakistan Government has launched the Armed Forces Development Programme - 2019 (AFFDP-2019); this programme will oversee the modernization of the Pakistan Air Force from now to 2019. According to the Business Recorder, a leading financial newspaper in Pakistan, PAF is interested to increase its strength. The list includes:

36J-10A/B Vanguard fighters from China
37 F-16A/B Block 15OCU MLU-3 Fighting Falcon (ex-Peace Gate III/IV aircraft) from United States
18 F-16C/D Block 52 Fighting Falcon from United States, with an option for another 18[37][38]
250 JF-17 Thunder [39][40]
6 Saab 2000 Erieye AWACS + 1 Training Aircraft
4 IL-78 Midas Air-to-Air Refueling Aircraft
12 C-130H w/6 reserve C-130H Medium Lift Transport Aircraft
80+ K-8 Intermediate Jet Trainer[41]
wiki

One-engine fighter aircraft is not my view but PAF.F-16, FC-20, and JF-17 are all one-engine and as per AFFDP-2019 no new fighter aircraft till atleast 2019.Both F-6 & A-5 were and are nighmaret to run a small check on the engine or any one engine. - H Khan

Thanks for the clarification. Pardon my ignorance, but what does AFFDP stand for?
So twin-engined fighters come with too many maintenance headaches? There goes my dream of seeing a Rafale in the PAF - not that the French would sell it to us anyway..

EDIT: Can you confirm if this decision was made by the government? Wouldn't the military have more knowledge of the details of running an air force?

Just around these forums. I read two posts over the last few days that said that. One of them is here, http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/3218-j-10-fc-20-mrca-250.html (post #3739). Can't seem to find the one which referred to some sort of cabinet order.

I've been digging around on the Internet for some official confirmation, but no luck so far. Any information would be greatly appreciated. The aircraft planned for induction in the next five years as well as the current inventory are single-engined, correct?

who in our cabinet has the expertise to decide on one or two engines other than the PAF

''One-engine fighter aircraft is not my view but PAF.F-16, FC-20, and JF-17 are all one-engine and as per AFFDP-2019 no new fighter aircraft till atleast 2019.Both F-6 & A-5 were and are nighmaret to run a small check on the engine or any one engine.'' - H Khan

F6/A5 were robust platforms - i think the PAF thinking in those days was related to servicing two engines which had to be over-hauled after 100 hrs of flying time - the F6 was referred as 'fly and forget' after 100 hours and that is why they came relatively cheap! - so in that sense one can say it was difficult but not nightmarish. things and esp technology has changed a lot - Kamra itself has come a long way and such thinking should be passe!

sir fatman , ive updated my original post with ''cabinet'' and ''AFFDP-2019'' tags --- i am qouting wiki and hkhan and these are not my personal views:enjoy:

F6/A5 were robust platforms - i think the PAF thinking in those days was related to servicing two engines which had to be over-hauled after 100 hrs of flying time - the F6 was referred as 'fly and forget' after 100 hours and that is why they came relatively cheap! - so in that sense one can say it was difficult but not nightmarish. things and esp technology has changed a lot - Kamra itself has come a long way and such thinking should be passe!

Exactly! Hopefully the air force brass shares this view as well.

the delays in procurement plans are due to lack of funds - nothing else.

Ah, I can see why that would be a problem then.

Thank you and Antibody for the help!

sir fatman , ive updated my original post with ''cabinet'' and ''AFFDP-2019'' tags --- i am qouting wiki and hkhan and these are not my personal views:enjoy:

no probs - HKhan is a reliable source but i am not a fan of wiki.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom