What's new

Air Force Question Thread

EDA request has been made but with 'relations' as they are, dont expect anything soon....

There was a PAF C-130's pilot's picture at Zhuhai wearing KC130 patch(if iam not mistaken). It seems that something is in the pipe line..as you said it depends on 'relations'!

There was a PAF C-130's pilot's picture at Zhuhai wearing KC130 patch(if iam not mistaken). It seems that something is in the pipe line..as you said it depends on 'relations'!

PAF crews were 'training' with USAF.

PAF crews were 'training' with USAF.

Training on KC130 is different thing and training in US is different thing. What i mean was that he may have 'earned' the patch after successful conversion not after 'exchange' of patch.

dear my son, why you so much care about old vs new ?? Is that matters for you, what you sure ?!? Are you suggest brand new expensive KC-130F tanker ??

first of all my question was not directed towards any "brand new expensive KC-130F tanker"!
and yes it does matter! every aircraft has its operating life, after which it doesn't considered airworthy! these IL-78 were in service with some ukranian airline, and so i just wanted to know how old these airframes were!
upgrades can only increase the life by certain amount..

Guys one question, hope some experts can reply.

Can a Navy fighter be operated from ground air base? say F-18 Navy model or Sea harrier?

Guys one question, hope some experts can reply.

Can a Navy fighter be operated from ground air base? say F-18 Navy model or Sea harrier?

The Swiss and Finnish AF's do it with the F-18..
The Canadians do it with the CF-18.
USMC jets switch from carrier to land when needed.
Heck they even tried using a land based arrestor hook system coupled with a ski jump to allow F-18's to do STOL from the middle of the desert.

I have a very dumb question being civilian. Why do aircraft have emit fog/gas from wing tips. I have seen it in many pictures and.videos.

I have a very dumb question being civilian. Why do aircraft have emit fog/gas from wing tips. I have seen it in many pictures and.videos.

i think its called 'contrails' maybe when the a/c cuts the air at supersonic speed, it creates this phenomenon

Cruise Missiles

"Pakistan has developed its own cruise missile somewhat similar to Tomahawk cruise missile, named the Babur. Pakistan is
reportedly developing air-launched version of the Babur to be adapted to its ever increasing F-16 Fighting Falcon fleet and Chinese/Pakistan-made JF-17 fighters."

ADJ

Cruise Missiles

"Pakistan has developed its own cruise missile somewhat similar to Tomahawk cruise missile, named the Babur. Pakistan is
reportedly developing air-launched version of the Babur to be adapted to its ever increasing F-16 Fighting Falcon fleet and Chinese/Pakistan-made JF-17 fighters."

ADJ
But sir we need, Naval versions of Cruise missile if I am not wrong. Babur can have radi of target only 700Km and Ra'ad with 350Km.
If Navy can get somewhat 1000KM, it can not only target from 'other side' i.e. Near Bangladesh, but also we can get a whole fleet of Navy comming together. Those might include an A/C, and half a dozen other boats. If range is long one, then we wont have any danger from the Enemy's subs either.

i think its called 'contrails' maybe when the a/c cuts the air at supersonic speed, it creates this phenomenon

with due respect sir fatman, i believe you are wrong a bit here, contrails are the trails from the engines of civilian or military jet at high altitudes, this phenomena happens when the exhaust from the engines at high altitude condense at hence give a smoke thing. The smoke at wingtips is the effect on air through the shockwave and compression produced by the aircraft at high G's or sharp turns. When sound barrier is broken then instead of only on the wingtips , the whole aircraft gets surrounded by compressional waves.

Hope i am not wrong and this clears it.

But sir we need, Naval versions of Cruise missile if I am not wrong. Babur can have radi of target only 700Km and Ra'ad with 350Km.
If Navy can get somewhat 1000KM, it can not only target from 'other side' i.e. Near Bangladesh, but also we can get a whole fleet of Navy comming together. Those might include an A/C, and half a dozen other boats. If range is long one, then we wont have any danger from the Enemy's subs either.

Navy is working on it

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

with due respect sir fatman, i believe you are wrong a bit here, contrails are the trails from the engines of civilian or military jet at high altitudes, this phenomena happens when the exhaust from the engines at high altitude condense at hence give a smoke thing. The smoke at wingtips is the effect on air through the shockwave and compression produced by the aircraft at high G's or sharp turns. When sound barrier is broken then instead of only on the wingtips , the whole aircraft gets surrounded by compressional waves.

Hope i am not wrong and this clears it.

no probs! thanks!

I think Babur has already been modified, here read through
Pakistan Successfully Tests Hatf-VII Babur Cruise Missile
Pakistan has successfully tested the Hatf-VII Babur Land Attack Cruise Missile (LACM) today. Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) has announced that Hatf-VII Babur was test fired against the target at a range of 600 kilometers. Hatf-VII Babur Land Attack Cruise Missile (LACM) has a maximum range of 750 kilometers km and can carry both conventional and nuclear warhead. Babur Cruise Missile is designed with stealth requirements in mind and with the capability to fly at very low altitude to avoid detection by the enemy radars. Hatf-VII Babur Land Attack Cruise Missile (LACM) was test fired from a new round canister instead of the typical box like canister used for the Babur LACM in the past.This could be a stepping stone towards fielding the long range cruise missile on the ships and submarines of the Pakistan Navy.

Hatf-VII Babur Land Attack Cruise Missile (LACM) uses the highly advance ‘Terrain Contour Matching’ (TERCOM) and ‘Digital Scene Matching & Area Co-relation’ (DSMAC) to achieve circular error probability (CEP) of only 3 meters, such pinpoint accuracy allow the Babur to be used in surgical strikes. Both President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani have applauded scientists behind the success of Hatf-VII Babur Land Attack Cruise Missile (LACM). Both Pakistan and India are required to information the other country about the possible tests prior to the testing a ballistic missile under the agreement signed by both countries but this agreement don’t cover the testing of cruise missiles. Work on Hatf-VII Babur cruise missile was started in mid 1990 after Indian efforts to license produce the improved version of Russian Yakhont cruise missile which can also be used for land attacks. In 1998 Pakistan was able to recover atleast two intact US RGM/UGM-109 Tomahawk cruise missiles from the Southern Pakistan which were fired against the targets in Afghanistan by the United States of America. These missiles boosted the Pakistani efforts. In August 2005, Pakistan announced that it has successfully test fired a ground launched cruise missile from with maximum range of 500 kilometers, later on this range was increased to 750 kilometers. Pakistani scientists are already working on a longer range version which will have range of 1,000 km. Pakistan has also developed Ra’ad air launched cruise missile (ALCM) which has been tested in past to range of 350Km. Third cruise missile designed for the Pakistan navy is also under development. Pakistan Navy will be able to fire its cruise missile from its surface ships and submarines.

Back
Top Bottom