What's new

Air Force Question Thread

I know that "plane A vs. plane B" threads are discouraged, but can anyone explain how the F-16 (block 52) stacks up against the JF-17 (either block) and J-10B? I know that the block 52s carry all the latest goodies, but the plane is still of 1980s development, and hopefully the latter two fighters can at least match it. Or am I being too naive haha?

I know that "plane A vs. plane B" threads are discouraged, but can anyone explain how the F-16 (block 52) stacks up against the JF-17 (either block) and J-10B? I know that the block 52s carry all the latest goodies, but the plane is still of 1980s development, and hopefully the latter two fighters can at least match it. Or am I being too naive haha?

Blk-52 is superior to both, if we look at overall picture, but may be in some factors JF-17 & J-10B may be superior to what Blk-52 has.

But Blk-52 being a mature platform, and knowing American stuff, is superior overall.

Nothing can be said about the future.

The only thing superior about Blk 52 will be the air to ground system which indeed is very mature. But when comes to air superiority, no doubt J-10A/B will come on top.

It is also why india looks for rafale or typhoon instead of the so called f-16 I which claim to be superior to all previous Blk of F-16. They know they will be up against China J-10A/B which is very good in air superiority. While the air to ground task will be given to Su-30 MKI which has longer legged and higher weapon payload. Now PAF is going to have J-10B. It is even more important for India to get Typhoon or rafale.

Do the old dogfighting rules still apply? For example, get yourself in between the Sun and the Enemy, and the S turns and all?

any info on 5th gen fighter being in paf anytime between 2015 to 2020 ?
Project going to start after 2014 and first stealth fighter to take trials in 2016. (Estimation. And till date, all estimated dates proved to be sooner than forecast)
any details on JF17 block2? or some one any images?
Wait for 7 more months. :)

Back
Top Bottom