What's new

Air Force Question Thread

@HRK @django @Inception-06 @Basel @Arsalan @Gryphon @Tipu7 @blueazure @Indus Pakistan @Armchair @tps77 @The Eagle @Bilal Khan 777 @Bilal Khan (Quwa) and others.

Your thoughts on a STOVL aircraft induction in PAF or PN, like a Harrier or F-35.
I believe rather to move in the direction of more complicated system which actually restrict the aircraft performance examples Harrier and F-35 STOVL variant, its better for us to keep following the current approach of landing and takeoff from highways and motorways with fighters of short turn around time.

We should spread and expand number of these sort of specially selected strips of highways/motorway.

@HRK @django @Inception-06 @Basel @Arsalan @Gryphon @Tipu7 @blueazure @Indus Pakistan @Armchair @tps77 @The Eagle @Bilal Khan 777 @Bilal Khan (Quwa) and others.

Your thoughts on a STOVL aircraft induction in PAF or PN, like a Harrier or F-35.

Some members have suggested Project Azm for STOVL, but are the Chinese, who will get most design work out of it, capable of building one? I don't think so.

Since you have mentioned PN, which doesn't own AC, what role do you envisage for a STOVL aircraft?

I would rather have JH-7B's with PAF, providing ground attack and maritime strike capabilities the service lacks. And more motorways optimized for take-off/landing as HRK mentioned.

Not very excited about it. Currently, or even for next 15-20 years, i do not see any need of ship borne attack planes. As long as we are concerned with defending territorial waters this wont be required. Plus i have some idea of the economic situation so will say a straight NO to it. There are some much more pressing matters, military and non-military that need to be addressed on priority.

I believe rather to move in the direction of more complicated system which actually restrict the aircraft performance examples Harrier and F-35 STOVL variant, its better for us to keep following the current approach of landing and takeoff from highways and motorways with fighters of short turn around time.

We should spread and expand number of these sort of specially selected strips of highways/motorway.
Indeed! Keep it simple yet lethal!

To be honest and being precised; I would say straight No for STOVL due to maintenance, cost & sometimes like sitting duck (not moving but taking time for vertical T.O) but can amend it for STOL. Just imagine the war scenario where infrastructure is targeted through different types of attack and then we need a bird in the air.

Like any other Air Force, PAF is also quite committed to its operational redness 24/7 and with the increasing demand in operations across all 4 corners of the borders, PAF needs to put more time and efforts in operations rather than taking on task for R&D, Manufacturing, & Maintaining it's equipment.

In all that scenario, isn't it better if PAF privatizes PAC (all facility) to some local trusted partners from GIDS side but keeps full control on everything, especially over R&D.

And I consider same should be followed for Navy & Army.

Is Pakistan Air Force or PAC doing any researches on radar technology ? Since engineering institutes do tell alternates to doppler radars or ESA radars ?

F22 alike jets are not easy with these techs to lock or track on. Pakistan should look towards Electro Optical Radars or radars that are based on light emitting. Another approach is Russian alike radar photonic based. In the modern world Pakistan can use the tech already present and encourage students of universities not just from NUST but also from other institutes to do project on such kind of things.

Assalamoalikum.
Any one know about Lahore air base ?
I mean, Lahore airbase is not that operational airbase but according to Wikipedia, ADA is present here for immediate reply to any attack.
Which squadron or Fighter aircrafts are present at the air base , Any one knows about that ?

Also one can clearly find 4 fighter aircraft HAS present left to the Runway 36 (South East of Airbase)

20181121_213443642.jpg

Assalamoalikum.
Any one know about Lahore air base ?
I mean, Lahore airbase is not that operational airbase but according to Wikipedia, ADA is present here for immediate reply to any attack.
Which squadron or Fighter aircrafts are present at the air base , Any one knows about that ?

Also one can clearly find 4 fighter aircraft HAS present left to the Runway 36 (South East of Airbase)
Lahore Is an operational base but not a flying base:-)

Lahore Is an operational base but not a flying base:-)

Yes, it isn't a flying base, but Wikipedia says, it contains ADA.
Also, when i visited the base on 6sept, i could see a building with radar mounted on it , which was operating.
When i saw it on satellite maps, i found it ADA building next to the Aircraft PENS

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAF_Base_Lahore

You can read the last Paragraph (Present use).
it says regarding full year air defence coverage (operational wing)

Every air strip in Pakistan which is jet cap has ADA huts .
i could see a building with radar mounted on it
ATC tower , Due to Vip and Log movements.
it says regarding full year air defence coverage
Intersting thing is Base doesnt operationally control MCC wing but Its falls under Censec jurisdiction
Yes, it isn't a flying base, but Wikipedia says, it contains ADA.

@M16174
Please make it a point to first look at the existing threads before opening new ones. The Air force question thread has existed since 2008 and is also a sticky so if you just take a little time to see the list of threads from the top it is right there.
Thanks

Why are you using a proxy if you are in Pakistan and went to the airbase?
PDF is not a restricted site in Pakistan and proxy IPs are not needed

@M16174
Please make it a point to first look at the existing threads before opening new ones. The Air force question thread has existed since 2008 and is also a sticky so if you just take a little time to see the list of threads from the top it is right there.
Thanks

Why are you using a proxy if you are in Pakistan and went to the airbase?
PDF is not a restricted site in Pakistan and proxy IPs are not needed

Sorry for the thread mistake, I couldn't find this thread before, but there was no activity for long time,so i couldn't find this before.
But Oscar, please don't implement such false things to me of using proxy.
I've never used any proxy ,in fact for any thing for last few months. I'm using mobile data over mobilink and Opera mini browser, nothing else.

Sorry for the thread mistake, I couldn't find this thread before, but there was no activity for long time,so i couldn't find this before.
But Oscar, please don't implement such false things to me of using proxy.
I've never used any proxy ,in fact for any thing for last few months. I'm using mobile data over mobilink and Opera mini browser, nothing else.
Something was triggering our IP checks.

Back
Top Bottom