What's new

Air Force Question Thread

Yes, you heard wrong on all accounts.
Just a gift to an aviation museum by Pakistan. The serial number is actually 67-119, which of course is made up, as only Mirage III EA #67-001 through 118 were ordered and operated by PAF. Also, this airframe is either an ex-French or ex-Libyan Mirage V variant.

Indeed, it is a Mirage 5DE, a former Libyan Air Force aircraft, serial number 108, built September 1971.

What happened to the MAA-1B? Things went awefully quiet about it. My guess is some where bought but never announced. Probably armed more Mirages.

Supposedly comes with an HMS

What happened to the MAA-1B? Things went awefully quiet about it. My guess is some where bought but never announced. Probably armed more Mirages.

With aim-9l/m ( all paf aircraft with radar carry) there was no serious interest I think it was just an options available at the time back in early 2000s but never pursued due to various reasons like $ I think [emoji848]

With aim-9l/m ( all paf aircraft with radar carry) there was no serious interest I think it was just an options available at the time back in early 2000s but never pursued due to various reasons like $ I think [emoji848]

thanks for the info!

Frankly I think MAA-1 was acquired to integrate onto JF-17 to show potential buyers other options are available beyond Chinese ones so that you can taylor it to ypur requirements and that Pakistan was capable of doing said integration for you. Although why anyone would want non-chinese weapons to be used with chinese equipment when the chinese weapons work well and are effective, but it shows options.

Ok guys i got the interviews ready with the pilots. I need a interviewer or a host. Anyone in missisauga canada wanna do Q & A? I will set it up at a neutral location. I told him about PDF. He said he has over a dozen pilots that would love to go on record.

Ok guys i got the interviews ready with the pilots. I need a interviewer or a host. Anyone in missisauga canada wanna do Q & A? I will set it up at a neutral location. I told him about PDF. He said he has over a dozen pilots that would love to go on record.
@Horus @WebMaster .... might help in this regards

First, there is no Harrier to be had. That leaves only option for a STOVL option being the F-35, which is already a non-starter. Second, there is no need for extra complicated aircraft in either PAF or PN, not to mention it doesn't fit their doctrine nor operations.

Your thoughts on a STOVL aircraft induction in PAF or PN, like a Harrier or F-35.
My thoughts for now and the next decade -

PN - no more purchases at all. Place a cap and downsize it please. Forgot abot STOVL.
PAF - further purchases strictly on cost/benefit analysis. Yes to ATAK choppers to enhance COIN ability.
PA - cap on any further investment in armour, artillery. Place cap. Downsize conventional forces and shift to internal gendarmie duties.

Savings go on internal scurity, education and health for next decade as matter of war footing. Declare a war against poverty, illiteracy, disease.

My thoughts for now and the next decade -

PN - no more purchases at all. Place a cap and downsize it please. Forgot abot STOVL.
PAF - further purchases strictly on cost/benefit analysis. Yes to ATAK choppers to enhance COIN ability.
PA - cap on any further investment in armour, artillery. Place cap. Downsize conventional forces and shift to internal gendarmie duties.

Savings go on internal scurity, education and health for next decade as matter of war footing. Declare a war against poverty, illiteracy, disease.
PAF is on short footing...rest i kinda agree...economy(which includes health and edcuatiob that normally is 30% of your economy in Pakistan its not even 5%) needs more attention

@HRK @django @Inception-06 @Basel @Arsalan @Gryphon @Tipu7 @blueazure @Indus Pakistan @Armchair @tps77 @The Eagle @Bilal Khan 777 @Bilal Khan (Quwa) and others.

Your thoughts on a STOVL aircraft induction in PAF or PN, like a Harrier or F-35.

Not required currently, because we need to fill the gap first, it will be handy to have for small ACCs, if Pakistan decided to extend its foot print in Arabian sea and Indian Ocean.

First, there is no Harrier to be had. That leaves only option for a STOVL option being the F-35, which is already a non-starter. Second, there is no need for extra complicated aircraft in either PAF or PN, not to mention it doesn't fit their doctrine nor operations.

If one have money then Yak can built one STOVL as they also have tech and expertise.

@HRK @django @Inception-06 @Basel @Arsalan @Gryphon @Tipu7 @blueazure @Indus Pakistan @Armchair @tps77 @The Eagle @Bilal Khan 777 @Bilal Khan (Quwa) and others.

The only window we have at the moment is project azam in which we can mold our plans. Basically we are not in position of inducting STOVL ac but I would rather prefer a variat of azam which can do extremely short takeoffs so that the mobility issues are resolved.

Back
Top Bottom