What's new

Air Force Question Thread

Can any body tell me EW is related to which engineering field?
like Electronics, Electrical or Computer engineering, I am asking details for career building purpose(specially for girls) in maintenance and also operating scopes.
Such as qualification of operators in EW or Awacs planes and engineers for maintenance ect.
Predominantly an Electrical / Electronics Engineer but like any system EW has inputs from multiple disciplines. Mechanical, Mechatronics, IT (Software engineers, Networking experts) etc

Last edited:
like Electronics, Electrical or Computer engineering, I am asking details for career building purpose(specially for girls) in maintenance and also operating scopes.
Such as qualification of operators in EW or Awacs planes and engineers for maintenance ect.
Electrical Engineering, which has many majors where you can concentrate on electronics, power engineering and computer science (Hardware mostly..with some programming)..

Hi,

That is what the U S navy does----for a long / deep mission aircraft takes off with minimum fuel and maximum weapons from an aircraft carrier---and gets refuelled immediately.

I have written about it multiple times on this board for many a years.
Hot pit refueling and it has been done with PAF F-16 squadrons in the 1980s....

Only difference is that US Navy make a quick jump for the naval aviators and naval flight officers....the aircrews change after they land, and a fresh aircrew climb for the next sortie. No easy day....

Systems Engineering with electives in Aerospace electronics.

Can anyone tell me which PAF aircrafts are shore based mainly dedicated to act along with PN for maritime security? Thanks.
The C172.....it can be quite deadly in the right hands....especially with its STOL capability..

Found out a couple a months back. The mirage was sent to China a long time ago under embargo. All of China delta wing configurations are made from
Research on the mirage. Also the f-16 aswell. This is coming from ex paf engineers. I talked with the pilot who flew the j-11 and j-10 he lives in canada now. What he said was that the j-11 is not practical and the j-10 was very hard to control.

Found out a couple a months back. The mirage was sent to China a long time ago under embargo. All of China delta wing configurations are made from
Research on the mirage. Also the f-16 aswell. This is coming from ex paf engineers. I talked with the pilot who flew the j-11 and j-10 he lives in canada now. What he said was that the j-11 is not practical and the j-10 was very hard to control.
can u please share the full story

Hi,

I guess israeli consultants did not help with anything on the Levi design before the Tianamen sq issue---

Hi,

I guess israeli consultants did not help with anything on the Levi design before the Tianamen sq issue---

From what I know is that all delta wing air craft in Chinese built are from mirage research. Might have been Israelis aswell.but from what this engineer told me was pretty convincing. But after I took a strong interest in the matter he understood that I understood and he refrained from talking anymore. He works at a local airline in canada. him and one other PAF fighter pilot work together.

can u please share the full story

The fighter pilot who tested the j-11 and j-10 lives in canada. I know him through another fighter pilot from PAF he is retired and Canot fly due to heart condition. But he introduced me to the pilot which is his buddy. I ask him a series of question but only got two responses and a couple of gestures.

1. J -11 is not practical for PAF.
2. J-10 is hard to control

Oh yea I forgot one more thing mirage upgrades have BVR MISSILES A2A I confirmed it with the PAF engineer 60Km+

From what I know is that all delta wing air craft in Chinese built are from mirage research. Might have been Israelis aswell.but from what this engineer told me was pretty convincing. But after I took a strong interest in the matter he understood that I understood and he refrained from talking anymore. He works at a local airline in canada. him and one other PAF fighter pilot work together.

The fighter pilot who tested the j-11 and j-10 lives in canada. I know him through another fighter pilot from PAF he is retired and Canot fly due to heart condition. But he introduced me to the pilot which is his buddy. I ask him a series of question but only got two responses and a couple of gestures.

Oh yea I forgot one more thing mirage upgrades have BVR MISSILES A2A I confirmed it with the PAF engineer 60Km+

Hi,

Ask them if you may please---. Why would china seek the mirage design---when they have access to a much modern Lavi design---.

And if the end product looks like the Levi---( the J10) then how is it taken from the mirage---!!!

China may have access to the mirage---but if the end product looks more like Lavi---then obviously it is Lavi.

which missiles, and after 20 years, there must be some evidence. otherwise we are good to settle with just as ROSE 1 is today and that is with AIM9

which missiles, and after 20 years, there must be some evidence. otherwise we are good to settle with just as ROSE 1 is today and that is with AIM9
The only problem is that I can’t get anymore info out of the guy. I see him every month because of my work but every time I ask him he starts to laugh and just dismisses the question.

Hi,

Ask them if you may please---. Why would china seek the mirage design---when they have access to a much modern Lavi design---.

And if the end product looks like the Levi---( the J10) then how is it taken from the mirage---!!!

China may have access to the mirage---but if the end product looks more like Lavi---then obviously it is Lavi.

Lavi or not the engineer said that mirage was use for R&D. The Chinese must have used the design in some way shape or forum.

Back
Top Bottom