What's new

Ahmadis in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't speak, don't call yourself Muslim... What is this? Why should we Pakistanis listen to tyrants or become Tyrants?

Tyrants?? Do you think What Last Prophet (PBUH) taught falls into this this category?

Why are you mixing pure Islamic basic rules with common people's views?

here we are saying merely what Quran says.

Why the Kalima and shahada if you can be a Muslim without it?????

No offence but drawing pictures of people is haram in Islam. Even this is technicality. A rigidity by all means.

My final POV is that if Ahmadis believe that the almighty is Allah then they are muslims. No technicalities involved.

Scriptures say women should wear burqa
. If you violate do become less of a muslim?? Arent the modern women muslims then?? Why so much of partiality for Ahmadis for having their own view in some technical aspects of scriptures??

Technical rigidity must not blind the spirituality involved in religion.

Asim how do you define such stupid misconception by trolls in such threads ???

And now hindus will give verdict that who is a Muslim and not Quran ?

Simple answer. Do what ever you want to do with Budhism, Hinduism. I have no problem. Dont tell us that we should change Islam. Islam IS NOT BUDHISM.

Allah Is one and Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) is last prophet of Allah. There is no Prophet after Muhammad (S.A.W)

I am not advocating changes in Islam but a little flexibility is what is required. what i am saying is that if some muslims have a different view of some aspects of islam then no one should deny them the right to follow their religion. As religion is a private phenomenon.

If it does not infuriates people here then let me share something interesting. In medival times having sex in any other position other than missionary position was considered sin by the church. This is a classic example of frivalrous rigidity hampering the purpose of religion, ie spirituality. And the interfence of authoritative diktat in private life. Like the ones I am pointing out here .

However catholicism went through its own renovation and now is flexible enough to incorporate differences and changes than mere theology.

If islam could be as flexible then there would be no issues at all.

Last edited:
This forum promotes equality and tolerance of all Pakistanis. The causes of Human rights abuses on all Pakistanis have routinely been proudly championed by this forum.

This thread is not about anyone incident. Its about the treatment meted out to Ahmedis by the state and law.

In fact its simply preventing 10-20 threads from opening up over and over, less clutter, more discussion. Sticky is not some award of honor.

The Quran can, the constitution should not.

That is also not in discussion here. The state can't pass judgments on matters of faith. You can, to yourself and anybody who will listen to you. Not the state.

These are all your beliefs, they don't believe they were created by the British. They can believe and proclaim what they believe, you can what you belief.

Sure why not? And they have the right to argue against the Muslims. Whoever has the better argument, wins.

Are they asking anyone's hand in marriage that your acceptance is even a question here? You can call them King Kong for all they care. But they can call themselves whatever they want.

What if somebody started saying everything Muslims say is a lie? This is all a matter of faith. You can't bring Allah to testify that Muslims are correct and Ahmedis are wrong? What if someone said "Each time Muslims say Allah exists, lets kill them for that is a lie".

And this is not even hypothetical, we had to run from the Quraysh when they did that to us, today you're fighting so hard to emulate the Quraysh.

Again no one is saying accept them, let them say what they want, then you can reject what they say but you can't throw them in jail for saying what they want.

Agreed in totality, but i have issues with the highlighted parts.

One, though they or for that matter everyone has the right argue and counter argue and can put forth his justifications for as many times as he want, but once it has been decided that the other dude is at fault, then there's a need to put a full stop to the debate. Like you said Whoever has the better argument, wins., so if te winner remains a winner or else you are pitching the winner against just any tom, dick and harry - the winner is one but there could be many toms, dicks and harrys. Though i dont know if we have ever allowed qadiaynis to justify their beliefs in an open debate.

Two, as for the naming issue, well once the debate over the above mentioned issue concludes this debate wont be necessary.

-----

Over and above, as we Muslims have very clear and lucid teachings over who is a Muslim and otherwise (the Kalima), there shouldnt remain any further doubts, but still i am in the favour of giving them A chance, nothing more, nothing less.

Blain i also want to stop posting here but this thread in itself is dealing with theological issues and clearly some people are advocating qadyaniat as truth and branch of Islam which is clearly clashing with Islamic faith.

Tomorrow any Hindu will stand up and claim he is the prophet (nazobillah) do think we should accept it as his right to do so and we should not tell him that its against Islam?

I believe this is the reason that Mods/Admins try to not encourage such threads because they get so tricky to moderate.

I really don;t have much guidance to give on this, but do feel that as long as the comments are not personal and derogatory to the other side, it should be permitted. However that rarely happens because a lot of people do not keep their emotions in check.

I am not ranting. I am against the rigidity.

We know what you are doing but anyway.
If someone goes against the wish of kalimas then by any means is the might of the creator compromised??

Yes kalima is the "Link" between Almighty and the Human kind , you alter or break it you are not connected anymore.

The reason for any religion to exists is that it should pave the way for individuals to seek spiritual enlightenment. Technical protocols are just to maintain the periphery of religion. These protocols should not serve as a means of authoritative bindings.

Thats your view which i wont be changing.

Theres a saying that thre are as many ways to reach god as there are number of people on this earth. Let the ahmedis take whatever way they like to reach allah. Scriptures should not become obstacle to that.

Yes they can 100% but once they have chosen another Path than Islam then they dont have any right to call themselves Muslims.

Its a private affair between the creator and the living being. And that is it.

Again your view.
By your diktat even sufis are not worthy to call themselves muslims as they seeks oneness "in" allah (and not oneness "of" allah)!!

"al-hak" and "annalhaq"(correct me if I am wrong)

You seem are bit confused , Sufis are not a religion its a way you Practice islam and what you are pointing out to is just your view and your understanding of it as far as i know is that Sufis are the purest Form of Islam.

If you have any credentials to speak upon bring them to me or dont boter replying.

P.S. I am not a muslim

Not my issue.

I am not advocating changes in Islam but a little flexibility is what is required. what i am saying is that if some muslims have a different view of some aspects of islam then no one should deny them the right to follow their religion. As religion is a private phenomenon.

If it does not infuriates people here then let me share something interesting. In medival times having sex in any other position other than missionary position was considered sin by the church. This is a classic example of frivalrous rigidity hampering the purpose of religion, ie spirituality. And the interfence of authoritative diktat in private life. Like the ones I am pointing out here .

However catholicism went through its own renovation and now is flexible enough to incorporate differences and changes than mere theology.

Flexibility. How about making two Allahs tomorrow??

You create a new religion and make your own prophet. I have no objection. But in Islam There is one Allah and Muhammad Last prophet. End of story.

Islam wont be changed , the flexibility has been given already & dont Compare Islam with Modern Christianity it does not make sense.

I believe this is the reason that Mods/Admins try to not encourage such threads because they get so tricky to moderate.

I really don;t have much guidance to give on this, but do feel that as long as the comments are not personal and derogatory to the other side, it should be permitted. However that rarely happens because a lot of people do not keep their emotions in check.

Thats why making a controversial topic as sticky is singling out and discrimination.

As far as we know many qadyanis are holding some high profile seats in Pakistan including Pakistan Army.

This lie of discrimination is just cashing in sympathies. If someone is a non-Muslim according to Quran then calling that person a Non-Muslim is NOT at all discriminatory.

yes if they are discriminated in offering jobs, and other incentives then you can debate that as discrimination BUT saying that why Muslims call qadyanis as NON-Muslims is discrimination then even admins and mods are negating Quran.

Yes supporting violence against non-Muslims because they are non-Muslims, is discrimination so mods/admins and anyone can question that.

P.S. I am not a muslim[/B]

Not my issue.

This is just to remind people like you that I am not very expert scholar of Islamic theology. I say what I feel is right.

So that it should not be made basis for reporting me to the mods like jana has done before.

Thats why making a controversial topic as sticky is singling out and discrimination.

As far as we know many qadyanis are holding some high profile seats in Pakistan including Pakistan Army.

This lie of discrimination is just cashing in sympathies. If someone is a non-Muslim according to Quran then calling that person a Non-Muslim is NOT at all discriminatory.

yes if they are discriminated in offering jobs, and other incentives then you can debate that as discrimination BUT saying that why Muslims call qadyanis as NON-Muslims is discrimination then even admins and mods are negating Quran.

Yes supporting violence against non-Muslims because they are non-Muslims, is discrimination so mods/admins and anyone can question that.

very well said Jana jee,

i a loving your posts........ and so true. If they discriminated in offering jobs or ther incentives then we can debate as discrimination but saying that why Muslims call qadiyanis as Non-Muslims is not discrimination at all. We are just pointing out the reality

No one is disputing championing human rights neither we are against it.

This forum proudly close down threads whenever we are trying to champion the cause of human rights of Dalits or low cast Hindus.
It has little relevance to Pakistan. Even still we don't ban highlighting the plight of any oppressed individuals.

You can not shut us up by saying that its Pakistani forum so that cant be debated here because Human Rights are Human Rights and you also claim that this forum is International fora.
With Pakistan as its subject matter.

Then weed out the thread and post only those laws of the state which you think are discriminatory and which we would open heartly debate.
This thread starts with a Pakistani Ahmedi narrating the exact word of the law! That IS the topic of this thread.

This singling out one community if so in future you have to open up sticky threads for shia sunni, deobandis, bralvis too.
Our doors are always open to fighting for Pakistanis.

The simple soultion should have been that you should have opened a thread with asking if Forum members and Muslims on this forum support any violence against our qadyani countrymen or not.
I know you don't support violence by shooting or blowing someone up. But it is equally violent if someone gets jailed for saying they are Muslims when you think they are not.

The Pakistani Constitution is said to be based on Islamic teachings and in this case The State is only following what Quran said about who is who. Simple as that. There is no difference between Quran and Our constitution over Issue of Muslims and Non-Muslims.
Of course and this is wrong. The truth is the constitution's Islamic laws were done as a political compromise much like the NRO, where after being bullied by Mullahs Bhutto, desperately trying to hold on to his power added those laws in. Its like how Musharraf fell after doing the NRO, that was Bhuttos condition as well.

The Islamic laws of Pakistan were born out of corruption. They were a rishwat - a bribe to the Mullahs.

Anyway we're not arguing for anyone to break the law and the constitution must be respected. But at the same time we're arguing that the constitution be changed through a parliamentary vote.

There is a big difference between belief and an argument sure here they can differ with me that who have created qadyanis. They can post their history and i will post my argument
I say they are followers of Mickey Mouse and they want to call themselves Muslims. Does that make any difference? The problem is that we've become so intolerant that we won't let them say they are Muslims. Your arguments may be perfect, but they don't BELIEVE what you believe and you don't believe what they believe - a lesson that even Allah tried to pass on to Muslims in Surat - Al - Kafiroon.

Sure if they can prove the Quran and this akeeda of Khatm-e-Nabowat wrong. They are welcomed to prove it wrong.
Why Prove? Can you prove Allah? Should you be punished for not being able to prove Allah? It is a matter of belief.

I heard you questioning my faith and belief in another thread about that kazzab issue. Here i question your this stance and hypocrisy.
I didn't question your faith, I questioned your blind obedience to the idiot, Zaid Hamid. I repeatedly said that I had no qualms if he had his own faith like the Ahmedis - But he lied about it to the public and his followers and should be treated as a liar.

neither we are asking for their hands nor we are stopping them from calling themselves anything. We are just saying if they do so in violation of pure basic Islamic rules then they are kazzabs and liars simple as that.
Actually you are stopping them since they can go to jail for saying they are Muslims and the violation is of purely your own Islamic beliefs.

Many non-Muslims say so and we dont kill them for saying so.

And again why you are twisting the words who is saying kill them ??????????
Why are you limiting your words. You ARE saying to kill them when they say they are Muslims.

Or are you saying:

Ahmedis can say they are Muslims and you can say they are liars and we can go on living like this and no state would be involved and there will be no violence.

Then we have no problem and thats what I'm saying as well. You calling them liars for saying that they are Muslims, is not an issue with me, throwing them in jail or killing them for saying they are Muslims is of issue to me.

Thats what we are saying dear. Where any of us said that throw them in jail??
Read the Constitution.

What is discriminatory when Islam defines the rules for you so if you are willing to accept these rules you are welcomed to be a Muslim if you do not then Islam defines ok You are on to your faith and we are on to our faith.
What is Islam? It is what you have brought your faith into. If you bring your imaan on an Encyclopedia even that can be your religion. If you submit yourself to the teachings of this Encyclopedia and give it an arabic name of Submission you may call this Islam.

I can call you a liar - but I can't stop you from calling it anything else.

Islam gives you clear choice.
I'm not asking the parliament to change Islam, but to change the constitution.

Its like when you go to any country they have rules they give you the guidelines if you are willing to follow that guideline you are welcomed if not you are rejected simple as that.
If tomorrow the constitution of Pakistan says Jana you're a man, not a woman. You can be thrown in jail for trying to call yourself a woman. Will you accept it or work to change it?

This is just to remind people like you that I am not very expert Islamic scholar of Islamic theology. I say what I feel is right.

So it should not be made basis of reporting to the mods like jana did.

In other words you are talking something that you know nothing about ????

Please Pholeazeee do not use Religion card here we do not CARE what religion are you or you have any at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom