What's new

AH-1 Z Designated for No 31 PAA Squadron

@Oscar Alan Warnes said Bell/Textron is just storing the AH-1Zs until the current Trump-Pakistan tiff ends, which it anticipates it will in the foreseeable future.

But I think the bigger story is that PA, PN and PAF don't want to spend national funds on US arms at all (i.e., only use US aid).

@Oscar Alan Warnes said Bell/Textron is just storing the AH-1Zs until the current Trump-Pakistan tiff ends, which it anticipates it will in the foreseeable future.

But I think the bigger story is that PA, PN and PAF don't want to spend national funds on US arms at all (i.e., only use US aid).
Which is the smartest thing to do, US aid doesn’t “cost” us anything and any procurement from it can be considered an extra; a policy which hopefully the Pakistani military will now adopt.
No more major US equipment.

Zulus may well be the last major US origin defence articles to be inducted in the military apart from Jordanian falcons that are also being considered.
thats wha it looks like, but its hard to say.

A decade or two down the line, relations could be different and the US always has those one or two strategic platforms you can't get anywhere else.

Zulus may well be the last major US origin defence articles to be inducted in the military apart from Jordanian falcons that are also being considered.

So the Jordanian falcons are be considered ? and if so Dazzler bro how many can we look at if all goes well ? thanks.

What exactly is the reason for this anyway?
Thus far it seems the Trump doctrine is just to take things ridiculously far with everyone, and in turn, give the next administration (or maybe Trump's next 4 years) tons of leverage to exact new US gains (by 'giving back' what they had taken away in the first 4 years, i.e., not give anything new away).

Belgium just signed up for F-35s to replace their F-16AM/BMs. Wait a few years and they will be considered by PAF as well

Belgium just signed up for F-35s to replace their F-16AM/BMs. Wait a few years and they will be considered by PAF as well
I doubt usa will approve the sale..what's in it for them..? If they see us getting better tech.. They might offer block v upgrade but will like us to buy new f16

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For all those who think the Pakistan AH-1Zs might go to Bahrain. I asked the question at the press conference and the US DSCA dude said no. Another source said that once the US-Pak row subsides it’s likely the Pak Army examples will then be delivered.</p>&mdash; Alan Warnes (@warnesyworld) <a href=" ">November 16, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So there is a dispute. That is why first AH-1Z has not landed in Pakistan. This is reported by Alan Warnes who is not Shahid Masood of aviation world :)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom