What's new

Agony of the 'Comfort women' still waiting for an apology after 70 years

TaiShang

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Agony of the 'Comfort women' still waiting for an apology after 70 years: 81-year-old man sets himself on fire in protest at Japan's refusal to say sorry to women forced to have sex with WWII soldiers
  • South Korean women and girls were abducted and taken to Japanese 'army brothels' during the Second World War
  • Previous Japanese leaders have apologised to the 'comfort women' who were sexually abused by Japanese troops
  • Hundreds of South Koreans have marched outside Japanese embassy in their country on the women's behalf today
  • An 81-year-old man set himself on fire during the largely peaceful protest to demand that Japan finally apologises

PUBLISHED: 06:07 GMT, 12 August 2015 | UPDATED: 23:26 GMT, 12 August 2015

The haunting legacy of the Second World War lives on in the South Korean 'comfort women' who were forced into prostitution by the Japanese army.

Gil Won-Ok, 88, was taken to a Japanese army brothel in 1940 - when she was just 13.

She has demanded an apology from the Japanese government for the years of sexual abuse she suffered, during which time she caught syphilis and developed tumors. A military doctor then removed Gil's uterus, leaving her unable to bear children.

Lee Ok-Sun, also 88, was taken to a Chinese airfield in 1942 - when she was 15 - where she was repeatedly raped. Later she was taken to various Japanese army brothels.

Now 70 years on from Japan's World War Two defeat on August 15, 1945, hundreds took part in a rally outside Japan's embassy in South Korea's capital - demanding an apology on their behalf - where an 81-year-old man lit himself on fire.

2B4A94D000000578-3194640-image-m-15_1439372454179.jpg

Trauma: Another South Korean 'comfort woman' Lee Ok-Sun, also 88, was taken to a Chinese airfield in 1942 - when she was 15 - where she was repeatedly raped

2B4A9A9400000578-3194640-image-a-22_1439373535448.jpg

Human cruelty: Zhang Xiantu was abducted by Japanese soldiers aged 16 and was forced to serve as a 'comfort woman' for over 20 days during the Second World War

2B4AB00300000578-3194640-An_elderly_South_Korean_man_has_set_himself_on_fire_during_a_pro-a-5_1439372389294.jpg

Immolation: An elderly South Korean man has set himself on fire during a protest outside the Japanese Embassy in Seoul, in which hundreds demanded an apology for South Korea's 'comfort women'

2B4AB0AB00000578-3194640-The_81_year_old_staged_the_incident_to_demand_an_apology_from_To-a-6_1439372389330.jpg

The 81-year-old staged the incident to demand an apology from Tokyo for forcing women into brothers during World War II

2B4A9DF100000578-3194640-image-a-16_1439373322347.jpg

Never forget: Former 'comfort woman' Gil Won-Ok (pictured) wears a badge in the shape of the butterfly during the weekly Wednesday protest demanding for an apology and compensation from the Japanese government

2B4A97C900000578-3194640-image-a-39_1439374404934.jpg

Enslaved: Former 'comfort woman' Hao Juxiang (right) was abducted by Japanese soldiers when she was 15 or 16 and forced into prostitution

@Nihonjin1051 is really proud of the disgusting acts committed by the Japanese army, that's why I'm starting to lose sympathy to the victims of nuclear explosions in Japan.

For him, it is slightly less legal pure entertainment which Japanese men culturally like to engage in and willing to pay.

That's beyond disgusting and truly saddening.

For him, it is slightly less legal pure entertainment which Japanese men culturally like to engage in and willing to pay.

In the Philippines, Japanese women are sadly associated to being whores, you know because of Japanese ****. Sad to see that the Japanese government doesn't care about the reputation of its women.

Oh don't be so hypocritical. Many Chinese male tourists , especially those from Taiwan, frequent entertainment bars in Japan.

Japanese war criminal confesses to dozens of rapes
August 17, 2015

A Japanese war criminal confessed that he raped dozens of Chinese women during Japan's war of aggression in China, according to archives released Monday.

The State Archives Administration (SAA) published the seventh of a series of 31 handwritten confessions from Japanese war criminals online. Ikuma Yamamura, born in Yamaguchi Prefecture, Japan in 1919 confessed how he raped Chinese women and killed Chinese civilians from 1940 to 1945.

He raped at least 21 women aged between 13 and 50 while invading Hubei and Hunan province and Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region. He also raped another 27 women 43 times in so-called "comfort stations," according to a confession he made in 1954.

He recounted that in August 1944, he saw four Chinese women taking refuge in a tea grove in Leiyang County, Hunan Province. He chased one of them towards the valley and she fell from a 30-meter cliff and died. He caught another woman aged around 23, threatened her with handgun and raped her, according to his confession.

He took part in killing four Chinese peasants in Jingmen County, Hubei Province in June 1940 and shot dead another four peasants with a rifle in Hengyang County, Hunan Province in late August 1944, according to the confession.

A total of 31 confessions, one each day, from Japanese war criminals are being published online in the run up to commemorations of the end of the war on Sept. 3.

The handwritten confessions, translations and abstracts in both Chinese and English, are published on the website of the SAA.

The confessions detail crimes perpetrated by the Japanese, including killing, enslavement and poisoning of Chinese people, as well as the use of biological and chemical weapons on live human subjects.

Apology is what but a deception and a layer of ignorance upon all your cruel acts but it is important as it has an effect on the minds of victims :)

Shameless japanese right wingers still disgust me nowadays.Nihonjin1051 once said he was a siant who against all brutality,yet he sees comfort woman as a great job which suit japanese national interests.Isn't that hypocratical?

Shameless japanese right wingers still disgust me nowadays.Nihonjin1051 once said he was a siant who against all brutality,yet he sees comfort woman as a great job which suit japanese national interests.Isn't that hypocratical?

How is it brutality to consider the sacrifices of the Comfort Women. Check my posts regarding Comfort Women, and you will see that I have been in support of compensation for all of the remaining survivors who have not be compensated appropriately. I believe it is not I who have been labeling these women as "wh0res" as some of the other Chinese members here.

I respect the Comfort women, their sacrifices, their duty, and their role in comforting Imperial soldiers in the time of their need.

2B4AB00300000578-3194640-An_elderly_South_Korean_man_has_set_himself_on_fire_during_a_pro-a-5_1439372389294.jpg

Immolation: An elderly South Korean man has set himself on fire during a protest outside the Japanese Embassy in Seoul, in which hundreds demanded an apology for South Korea's 'comfort women'

Such a tragedy. I hope the old man was given necessary intensive care for the burn wounds.

How is it brutality to consider the sacrifices of the Comfort Women. Check my posts regarding Comfort Women, and you will see that I have been in support of compensation for all of the remaining survivors who have not be compensated appropriately. I believe it is not I who have been labeling these women as "wh0res" as some of the other Chinese members here.

I respect the Comfort women, their sacrifices, their duty, and their role in comforting Imperial soldiers in the time of their need.
Yeah,of course you can put all these sh!t into the national interests brainwashing propaganda,that makes it look saint in your right winger's eyes.Still there are countless victims who were force to become sex slaves.Do you believe that these poor women in this thread will really care about Japanese propaganda to serve your national interests?It might work on Japanese women and some shameless traitors,but certainly not the majority of Korean and Chinese comfort women.With the word "national interests" which is a war propaganda you can do anything you want.

Last edited:
They are not "comfort women", they were forced into sexual slavery. No such things as sacrifice nor duty, they were raped against their will.

The overwhelming majority of these women were rewarded financially for their services. While it cannot be denied that there were instances of rape, the structure of the mechanism of women volunteers in the auxiliary were for services focused on tending to the needs of the soldiers of the Imperial Army.

That's just the fact.

Back
Top Bottom