What's new

Agni-5 can target our Harbin city: Chinese daily

Leave it dude, do not make it ego issue. Assitance or copy does make any difference, we have it is what matters.

sir, there is a difference between "being assisted" and "copying".

India --> Hey I'm stuck on this, mind helping us overcome this problem?

China --> Give me your design, i will "improve" it ;) and change the name.

Let me tell you whats the real difference between "being assisted" and

"copying"

India--> Hey I'm stuck, mind helping us to make the whole thing ?

So i could claim it indigenous made.

China--> Let me take a look, i will make a better one than yours.

Example(1) India--> fail to reverse engineer a word-war 2 era rifle.

Proof-->The Indian armed forces had been equipped with an unlicensed reverse-engineered copy of the famous Belgian FN FAL rifle since the 1950s.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INSAS_rifle

Example(2) China--> Sucessfully reverse engineer SU-27 to a 4.5

gen. fearsome fighter.

Proof-->the J-11B is superior to Su-27SK in the following areas:

The wide adoption of composite material (mainly carbon fiber) for the surfaces, reducing the weight of the aircraft for more than 700 kg, while the life of the composite part is increased over 10,000 hours in comparison to the original part built from steel.
Redesigned air inlets of engine intakes to reduce the radar cross section, this coupled with the adoption of composite material, and application of radar absorbent material has reduced the radar cross section (RCS) of 15 square meters of Su-27SK to just >3 square meters of J-11B. Carriage of external weapons will increase this greatly of course.

Full air-to-surface / sea capability is added and J-11B is able to launch various precision guided air-to-surface and air-to-sea munitions.
Certified to be equipped with WS-10 (will be upgraded to WS-10A in the future) turbofan engine, which is claimed to be cheaper to operate than AL-31F.
Incorporation of on-board oxygen generating system (OBOGS): With the exception of Su-35 and Su-37, J-11B is the first of the Su-27 (Reverse Engineered) family to incorporate such technology. Due to the adoption of western style design features such as fully digitized computerized controls and solid state micro-electronics, Chinese claimed that the domestic OBOGS is superior than the analog system Russia offered to China.
A Chinese multifunctional pulse-Doppler fire-control radar reportedly capable of tracking 6~8 targets and engaging 4 of them simultaneously.[9]
Fully digitized solid-state avionics have replaced the analogue set of the Su-27SK. In the mid-2007, the Chinese governmental television station CCTV-7 released news clips of Chinese pilots in the cockpits of J-11B, with the LCD of glass cockpit of J-11B clearly visible, despite that the official report itself only claimed replacing the original avionics with domestic Chinese fully digitized solid-state avionics, and nothing of EFIS or glass cockpit was mentioned. In comparison to the earlier EFIS on J-11A, the most obvious difference is that LCD MFDs on J-11B are aligned in a straight line, instead of the middle one being slightly lower. The arrangement, appearance and layout of MFDs and EFIS of J-11B are similar to the general design concept of the west.
Missile Approach Warning System.
Shenyang J-11 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
:smitten::pakistan::china:

Last edited:

"copying"

China--> Let me take a look, i will make a better one than yours.

Example(1) India--> fail to reverse engineer a word-war 2 era rifle.

Proof-->The Indian armed forces had been equipped with an unlicensed reverse-engineered copy of the famous Belgian FN FAL rifle since the 1950s.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INSAS_rifle

Example(2) China--> Sucessfully reverse engineer SU-27 to a 4.5

gen. fearsome fighter.

Proof-->the J-11B is superior to Su-27SK in the following areas:

The wide adoption of composite material (mainly carbon fiber) for the surfaces, reducing the weight of the aircraft for more than 700 kg, while the life of the composite part is increased over 10,000 hours in comparison to the original part built from steel.
Redesigned air inlets of engine intakes to reduce the radar cross section, this coupled with the adoption of composite material, and application of radar absorbent material has reduced the radar cross section (RCS) of 15 square meters of Su-27SK to just >3 square meters of J-11B. Carriage of external weapons will increase this greatly of course.

Full air-to-surface / sea capability is added and J-11B is able to launch various precision guided air-to-surface and air-to-sea munitions.
Certified to be equipped with WS-10 (will be upgraded to WS-10A in the future) turbofan engine, which is claimed to be cheaper to operate than AL-31F.
Incorporation of on-board oxygen generating system (OBOGS): With the exception of Su-35 and Su-37, J-11B is the first of the Su-27 (Reverse Engineered) family to incorporate such technology. Due to the adoption of western style design features such as fully digitized computerized controls and solid state micro-electronics, Chinese claimed that the domestic OBOGS is superior than the analog system Russia offered to China.
A Chinese multifunctional pulse-Doppler fire-control radar reportedly capable of tracking 6~8 targets and engaging 4 of them simultaneously.[9]
Fully digitized solid-state avionics have replaced the analogue set of the Su-27SK. In the mid-2007, the Chinese governmental television station CCTV-7 released news clips of Chinese pilots in the cockpits of J-11B, with the LCD of glass cockpit of J-11B clearly visible, despite that the official report itself only claimed replacing the original avionics with domestic Chinese fully digitized solid-state avionics, and nothing of EFIS or glass cockpit was mentioned. In comparison to the earlier EFIS on J-11A, the most obvious difference is that LCD MFDs on J-11B are aligned in a straight line, instead of the middle one being slightly lower. The arrangement, appearance and layout of MFDs and EFIS of J-11B are similar to the general design concept of the west.
Missile Approach Warning System.
Shenyang J-11 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
:smitten::pakistan::china:

My Dear Friend , SU 30 MKI already can Track 15 targets and already has LCD Cockpit ;)

"copying"

Who said MKI is indigenously made? Talk about Tejas, Talk about Arjun, Kaveri. Those are our "indigeneous developments" MKI is Russian. We improved it with Russian help. We never called it "Indian Indigeneous"

My dear friend, Did India invented MKI ?
So whats your point ?:smitten::pakistan::china:

His point is, MKI is better than J-11. The only better I see in the J-11 is it's engine (better thrust). But no thrust vectoring tho....

Let's divert back to Agni now :D

His point is, MKI is better than J-11. The only better I see in the J-11 is it's engine (better thrust). But no thrust vectoring tho....

agree,there is one problem though

100 MKI been shot down
india:russia ,can i buy 100 more?

150 J-11b been shot down
china: avic,produce 100 more

Last edited:
Who said MKI is indigenously made? Talk about Tejas, Talk about Arjun, Kaveri. Those are our "indigeneous developments" MKI is Russian. We improved it with Russian help. We never called it "Indian Indigeneous"

Let's divert back to Agni now :D

If India keep on relying on Russian for sourcing, its going to be permanently behind China as Russian aviation tech will be surpassed by Chinese technology in 10-15 years. China will also be able to surpass any European technology no later than 25-30 years. So the only way that India can have any weapon that is superior to China's is US sourced weapons.

Remember, India has MKI from Russia and avionics from Europe. In year 2030, the latest that India can get from Russia would be behind the latest Chinese technology.

Russia : No more 100MKI for you! India is too naughty.

lol.. India is totally relying on foreign source. This will doom its war even with Pakistan.

Pakistan: 100 JF-17 shot down.. Build another 100.
India: 100 MKI shot down. No more plane, but we have Agni-5 that can hit Harbin City. Lets true that and hope it doesn't blow up on us first.

I know this discussion is somehow tie to the title.

lol.. India is totally relying on foreign source. This will doom its war even with Pakistan.

India: 100 MKI shot down. No more plane, but we have Agni-5 that can hit Harbin City. Lets true that and hope it doesn't blow up on us first.

Brother atleast think before you type this crap if pakisthan can built
jf-17 so can india, we already producing MKI in india ( although we import some parts from russia so is pakistan):hitwall:

My dear friend, Did India invented MKI ?

So whats your point ?:smitten::pakistan::china:

My Dear Friend , Chinese also didn't made JF-11B, just copying SU30 Design and says its our design, dose not work.

Like you we also made SU30 MKI planes in India but We didnt say their airframe SU30 MK-II and Indian plane becasue we build the airframe in India and look like SU 30 MKI in India. :rofl:

As far as MKI goes it involves lot of Indian stuffs, but you didn't understand what i want to say, LCD cockpit isn't the big thing , you only copied SU 30 and put LCD cockpit and says its Chinese?

India also Manufactured SU-30 MKI and got advance SU 30 then Russians sold to Chinese.

you JF-17 Like copying Windows XP into another Dic and says its chinese Made OS becasue CD is made in China.

can PAK and Chinese made their JF -17 Engines in their country? NO

But Indian can Make even Engines of SU-30 MKI in India with Indian components :rofl:

Russia : No more 100MKI for you! India is too naughty.

Oh hello , India made fully SU 30 in India including engine, even if you build JF-11B where you will get the engines to fly these planes :rofl: you engine is under development, and your information , your engineers always goes to Russia for High Altitude Testing of Engines.

Was that weed that you had last night??..

It surely was a heck of a super-strong weed that you had last night...:pop:

^^^^
It was manala cream.

Why is this thread still open? No one's discussing the Agni 5 or the ridiculous fears expressed by the original article.

Back
Top Bottom