What's new

After MI 35 choppers, Pak wants more Russian defence hardware

you wish and you live in hope.

does it not hurt you bad tht we get the stuff and dont even pay for it?
the Mi-17s we got before were paid for by the USA.. and since the North Waziristan operation has been launched .. these Mi-35 will also be paid for..

we will save our money for Turkish T-129 to make a new one in your side... burn baby burn

No Burning baby .
Thats what i am saying u need USA or China help for buying new hardware's and you exactly confirmed that in Ur post :D:D

It is sad to see Pak Defence did not opt for MI 28 as they were needed to replace the old dying cobra's.

MI35 will serve well in PA.

plesae stop making these threads, Indians already having a hard time digesting what is posted and discussed already. brace yourselves for the usual heart burn stories

Aww looks like the attention starved teenage girl suddenly got some attention from a sugar daddy.

PS: There is not need to try hard to rub it in, which is a failed attempt anyway. I don't see Indians here losing sleep over Mi35.

Last edited:
Islamabad: Pakistan today said it looked forward to procuring more defence hardware from Russia after Moscow agreed to provide MI-35 helicopters to Islamabad.

The Foreign Office said in a statement issued here that Foreign Affairs Advisor Sartaj Aziz met Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in Moscow to discuss bilateral ties and regional situation.

"Aziz also expressed the hope that Pakistan's further request for defence equipment would also be considered soon as part of our continued defence collaboration," it said.

The Russian Foreign Minister welcomed Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's recent meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and expressed the hope that constructive dialogue and improved relations between the two countries would be beneficial for the security and stability of the region.

Lavrov said that?Russia is keen to expand its relations with Pakistan since close cooperation between Pakistan and Russia would not only benefit the two countries but would also help in building stability and prosperity in the region.

Aziz in his response said there was also a consensus in Pakistan for improving relations with Russia.

"The Prime Minister has a new vision for Pakistan. It is based on creating economic partnerships with nations. Pakistan, therefore, wanted to develop a multidimensional relationship with Russia in the fields of trade, energy, infrastructure development, defence and culture," he said.

Both the leaders agreed that the positive role of recent and forthcoming high level exchanges between the two countries would help in moving forward this objective.

During the meeting, situation in Afghanistan, cooperation in the efforts against extremism and terrorism, drugs control, and situation in the Middle East, including Syria and Iraq, were also discussed.

In the course of discussion, it was agreed that the forthcoming Summit meeting of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) in Dushanbe in September would provide a useful opportunity for discussing the emerging situation in post-2014 Afghanistan.

Lavrov conveyed that Russia fully supported Pakistan's entry into SCO as a full member.

The two agreed that there was considerable scope for cooperation in the field of energy since Pakistan has a large scale programme to overcome its energy crisis and many Russian companies are keen to participate.

PTI
--
first take mi's in hand
then go for others

Aww looks like the attention starved teenage girl suddenly got some attention from a sugar daddy.

PS: There is not need to try hard to rub it in, which is a failed attempt anyway. I don't see Indians here losing sleep over Mi35.
thats good to know.. you are one of those who are not really bothered.
but some are taking it very seriously. their constants posts on all similar threads are just a proof.

The situation is really complicated but What I understood from latest developments;

It was exposed that Pakistan and Turkey were talking about a likely deal for T129 Atak. The delegation from Pakistan came to Turkey and checked production facilities. Atak performed a flightshow. It is understood that The cost became an issue and Some financial solutions were offered. According to serious sources, TAI offered local production of some Atak parts along with assembly in Pakistan.

403.gif

Pakistani+PM+Nawaz+Sharif+Signs+For+Joint-Production+of+T-129+Attack+Helicopters.jpg

Most probably, In a time When India orders Apache gunships as a threat to Pakistan, It is understood that T129A COIN configuration Pakistan checked in Turkey, doesn't fullfill the all requirements of Pakistan. What Pakistani officials demand, is T129B1 or B2 full COIN+Anti-Tank+Anti-Aircraft configuration variant which have all electronic warfare sensors like a fighter with AA missiles and long range surveillance/detection radars on them so Planned delivery of first B1 variants to Pakistan, After a likely deal will be signed, will delay 1-2 years more so Pakistan armed forces required a cheaper and less number stop-gap solution to fight against Taliban. With this way, Not only urgent requirements were met, but also a politic advantages have been gained with approaching to Russia which is known as India's biggest partner, Despite India's objection.

Last edited:
The situation is really complicated but What I understood from latest developments;

For a while before, It was exposed that Pakistan and Turkey were talking about a likely deal for T129 Atak. The delegation from Pakistan came to Turkey and checked production facilities. Atak performed a flightshow. It is understood that The cost became an issue and Some financial solutions were offered. According to serious sources, TAI offered local production of some Atak parts along with assembly in Pakistan.

403.gif

Most probably, In a time When India orders Apache gunships as a threat to Pakistan, It is understood that T129A COIN configuration Pakistan checked in Turkey, doesn't fullfill the all requirements of Pakistan. What Pakistani officials demand, is T129B1 or B2 full COIN+Anti-Tank+Anti-Aircraft configuration variant which have all electronic warfare sensors like a fighter with AA missiles and long range surveillance/detection radars on them so Planned delivery of first B1 variants to Pakistan, After a likely deal will be signed, will delay 1-2 years more so Pakistan armed forces required a cheaper and less number stop-gap solution to fight against Taliban. With this way, Not only urgent requirements were met, but also a politic advantages have been gained with approaching to Russia which is known as India's biggest partner, Despite India's objection.

As we all know , Russian and IAF is the process of taking MI-35 retiring .... both AF think that Mi35 outlive its utility and it should be replaced with something better which is current situation demand.

Giving weapons which are on the verge of retirement doesn't hold gain , instead it only help Russia in getting $$ . India on the other have in process of replacing it with WSI Dhruv

I posted on a different topic here on PDF just yesterday that there are a lot more to come between Russia and Pakistan. I can see through this, Russia, Pakistan, China, Iran, some Russian states will form an economic and semi defense block like a smaller NATO (but limited to defense cooperation only and not going to war for others. And Afghanistan will be forced to work with these big guys despite the US presence).

I think the Russians are watching out for their best interests in the region. With India just entirely bathing in the waters from the West, this potential block holds a LOT of economic and defense growth for Russia. Makes perfect sense to secure entry towards Russia from the Arabian sea all the to Siberia.
But yea, I can see SAM's following soon with JFT engines on a different scale than what was received from the Chinese assistance and all the way to even the jets like SU series. I think give it 5 years. Very interesting strategic development.
--
i am agree with crux but disagree with strategy..
lets check..
Russia - China
have borders , had and have some border issue..
china - good market for russian enegry ., defence ,some space cooperation may be
so good deal for both
russia can put there might behiind china agianst USA

Russia - Iran
good relation in gulf after syria but its limited interaction

Russia - pak
scope for defence deals up to $8 b ( putting half od def budjet)
scope for corridor for trade throgh gwadar

Russia -india
indian companies stake in russioan enegry fileds
heavy defence cooperation
though india is in VERY GOOD terms with west but still have there ow views so WEST is on same line
exa. usa wants india china emerging economy tag insted of developing in wto to push there farm subsidi.and stop indias.
indias pharma policy made usa jitters

india and china is key to any rubik cube.
till they both are not in place properly.. cube will be in mess only..
to end
--
Ask any one in world wil they TRUST CHINA or india for there national interest ?
china is in p5 and take stand too like syria
but chinas strength is their weakness.. economy.. based on USA market....
china can stair USA but not anger it..because its their bread and butter same for india too
russian are not that much economic cohesive with usa
india need to develop it foreign policy more wisely
--
in Asia .. I for india is inevitable

Probably in your dreams.I don't think USA will allow you to use its AID for shopping from the Russians.

Kitty India receives as much aid as we do. We have an almost 8-9 Billion dollars of annual defense budget so we can buy whatever we like. America paid for some of our Mi-17s from Russia and then wiped its hands with your lungi. Zip up now.

It was exposed that Pakistan and Turkey were talking about a likely deal for T129 Atak. The delegation from Pakistan came to Turkey and checked production facilities. Atak performed a flightshow. It is understood that The cost became an issue and Some financial solutions were offered. According to serious sources, TAI offered local production of some Atak parts along with assembly in Pakistan.

403.gif

Pakistani+PM+Nawaz+Sharif+Signs+For+Joint-Production+of+T-129+Attack+Helicopters.jpg

Hinds cannot replace our AH-1F/S Cobras. We will need a high tech helo which can survive in high threat environment and fight on. MMR,HMD,MIZRAK,CIRIT offer those capabilities in T-129. TAI must service TAA first, while we need an ugly flying IFV for our Special Operators.

I very much doubt the Russians will sell anything that is deemed a threat to Indian forces. A few attack choppers that terrorise insurgents are nothing detrimental to the close relations the two enjoy.

Stick with Turkey and China.

I'm against getting anything from them, bar the few choppers we need as a stop gap measure.

403.gif

Most probably, In a time When India orders Apache gunships as a threat to Pakistan, It is understood that T129A COIN configuration Pakistan checked in Turkey, doesn't fullfill the all requirements of Pakistan. What Pakistani officials demand, is T129B1 or B2 full COIN+Anti-Tank+Anti-Aircraft configuration variant which have all electronic warfare sensors like a fighter with AA missiles and long range surveillance/detection radars on them so Planned delivery of first B1 variants to Pakistan, After a likely deal will be signed, will delay 1-2 years more so .

T-129 will have a different Crescent moon on them with green background when they are inducted in Pakistan army aviation/ and or airforce. its just a matter of time.
going for Mi-35 for now has no bearing on our T-129. I see that Pakistani requirements are very ambitious and they will really add big fangs to our defence.

Russia's supply helicopter is just what Pakistan need to finish current operations overnight with the help of Mi-35s, as we notice Pakistan use alot of old equipments like tanks, APC, and artillery against Talibans, it makes perfect sense to include Mi-35s.

We are looking forward B1 variants soon, I think we can be patient next few years to get full-fledged helicopters soon.
:cheers:

Indians loose sleep even if Pakistan purchase a new slingshot.This is something natural to indians.May be part of the genetic makeup,Possible culture,i am not sure

Back
Top Bottom