What's new

After Both Tanks Break Down, India Knocked Out Of International Drill

Arjun based solution has 100 feet span but there r other solutions also where a proper floating structure can be build which can carry tanks like Arjun

Not the best solution, considering the span of the majority of rivers in the theatre. What happens when you get to a river with 120+ feet span or / and high flow?

Tanks like the T14 offer a better solution or even develop a tank similar to the South African / Jordanian Falcon turret.

Not the best solution, considering the span of the majority of rivers in the theatre. What happens when you get to a river with 120+ feet span or / and high flow?

Tanks like the T14 offer a better solution or even develop a tank similar to the South African / Jordanian Falcon turret.

Actually most of panjab theater has canals which are not more than 10-20 meters major rivers are dried up by dams which India controls.

Indian military is paralyzed by Import Lobbies. Arjun can beat t-90 anytime but again its a question of eating bribe, so national interest can take a hike.
T-90 is smaller,requires less fuel consumption,needs less man power and has better protection "ir jammers,kontat"
arjun is overweight which is bad for transmission and has water cooled engine.It's armor wasn't bad thou.
I am not trying to offend you or any one else here but drdo took too long with arjun and the indian military wasn't satisfied with it.That is why they picked T-90 and will pick T-14 in the future. It's not a question of eating bribe .

The solution is already here which can carry Arjun.

http://www.military-today.com/engineering/arjun_blt.htm

It can carry load of 70 tons will Indian army accept it?? Or thet prefer russian girls and vodka with russian visits n money
I vant blame IA alone for this drama, our DRDO come up very latley with a working arjun. So one thing now they can do is deploy all 90& 72 in ladak and north east, deploy more arjun in our western border.

T-90 is smaller,requires less fuel consumption,needs less man power and has better protection "ir jammers,kontat"
arjun is overweight which is bad for transmission and has water cooled engine.It's armor wasn't bad thou.
I am not trying to offend you or any one else here but drdo took too long with arjun and the indian military wasn't satisfied with it.That is why they picked T-90 and will pick T-14 in the future. It's not a question of eating bribe .

Wrong Arjun's engine is a very reliable one although an expensive german one will be replaced by a domestic one if there r confirmed orders of 500+, regarding jammers etc. Here Arjun is litterally OP against T90s which IA has. Arjun's only weakness is because of limited production its rather too expensive a mass order for Arjun Mk2 can bring the cost down to 5 million or less.
Arjun MK1 was literally tested to make it fail on the other hand criteria was lowered for T90s one of the reasons listed was thr is no AC inside T90s so crew cant handle also After seeing MK1 performance army says arjun doesnt suit army operational scenarios as much as t90 suits. Still Arjun bested T90 than the weight clause came when DrDO offered the solution for bridges etc.

Last edited:

No, This is in their blood. They keep changing requirements and in the mean time, they import ;).

IAF did in Tejas and same with Arjun. There are many Russian projects which india financed. Mig-29's, purchase of Admiral Gorshkov and even a israeli project where india financed 1.5 billion$.

Arjun is heavy so it cant be used near china border and current I.A infrastructure like bridges cant adjust it.
It cant be dropped from transport A/C etc. Pakistan inducted jf-17 and added many goodies later on but here in india, Army is not ready to order it. problems can be rectified later on. You must have numbers.

I honestly beleives era of tanks are over. A decent attack helicopters and cheep anti tank missikes can take down any tank at a distance of 2 to 4kms or above, clearly out of tank's main gun range.

I honestly beleives era of tanks are over. A decent attack helicopters and cheep anti tank missikes can take down any tank at a distance of 2 to 4kms or above, clearly out of tank's main gun range.

Era of tanks are not over tanks are essential for boots on ground a single tank can cover 100s of infantry positions. And with active and passive protection it will keep dominating the battle field.

Arjun has tones of its own problems too:

Big New Hurdle For India’s Arjun Battle Tank

VIJY9268-783822.JPG

https://www.livefistdefence.com/2017/03/big-new-hurdle-for-indias-arjun-battle-tank.html

Read and cry!

and a fighter jet can seasiy take out those choppers and SAMs will take down fighter Jets and Anti Radiation Missiles will take out those SAMs and they cycle will continue

Its 8 KM

Arjun has tones of its own problems too:

Big New Hurdle For India’s Arjun Battle Tank

VIJY9268-783822.JPG

https://www.livefistdefence.com/2017/03/big-new-hurdle-for-indias-arjun-battle-tank.html

Read and cry!

If u bothered to read the article army wants 60 more goodies and asks for reducing weight its the same circle t90 lovers in army addicted to russian girls and money keep throwing .. army wants drdo to use new materials to reduce weight ... Arjun already uses expensive alloys this will make it more expensive than a chopper.
Unless MOD forces army to take Arjun thr is no way Army wil induct in couple of years when these modification will be done army will ask for a umanned turret and will induct unproven T14

Back
Top Bottom