What's new

After Both Tanks Break Down, India Knocked Out Of International Drill

So is it Indian army conspiring against them selves or its just the lack of mechanics in India?

LOL - I am not embarrassed. I am merely amused that you are venting your frustrations of not being able to do anything at Dokhlam on this thread.
You are. Why talk about doklam in this tank baithlon thread when Indian army brag about victory over Chinese tank team few days ago over to get slap in face when totally humiliated with 2 tank break down? :lol:

It must have hurt your mighty Indian ego badly. :rofl:

Indian tanks crash out of international military games after engine troubles

Rajat Pandit| TNN | Updated: Aug 12, 2017, 10:17 PM IST

NEW DELHI: The Indian Army has crashed out of a 19-nation military competition after its Russian-origin T-90S main-battle tanks broke down due to mechanical snags in the grueling sport, even as the armoured fighting vehicles from Russia, China, Belarus and Kazakhstan raced ahead to enter the finals.

The Army swears by the T-90S "Bhishma" tanks, which are being licensed-produced in India after the first 657 of them were imported for Rs 8,525 crore from Russia from 2001 onwards, though the DRDO accuses the force for cold-shouldering the indigenous Arjun tanks.

Sources said both the main and reserve T-90S tanks, shipped by India for the Tank Biathlon in the International Army Games at the Alabino ranges in Russia, developed "engine problems" after performing "exceedingly well" in the initial rounds of the competition.

"The fan belt snapped in the first tank. The reserve tank was then deployed for the race but its entire engine oil leaked just two kilometres before the end...it could not complete the race. It was sheer bad luck that led to the Indian team being disqualified," said an officer.

China, incidentally, has fielded its indigenous Type-96B tank in the competition, which includes firing on the tanks on the move by machine guns and anti-tank projectiles at a 2-km range while they negotiate rugged obstacles. Russia and Kazakhstan have deployed T-72B3 tanks, while Belarus has a modernized T-72 tank. The four are now competing for the top honours.

The T-90S tanks are the fulcrum of the Indian Army's "shock and awe" armoured battle plans. The force has 63 armoured regiments with around 800 T-90S, 124 Arjun and 2,400 older T-72 tanks as of now.

After the first 657 T-90S tanks were imported, the Avadi heavy vehicles Factory under the Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) is progressively "producing" 1,000 more tanks with Russian kits. In November last year, the defence ministry had approved the procurement of 464 T-90S tanks from the OFB for Rs 13,448 crore to add to the 536 tanks ordered earlier.
The DRDO remains upset that the Army has not yet ordered upgraded Arjun Mark-II tanks after inducting the first lot of 124 Mark-I variants, stressing the indigenous tanks did better than the T-90S tanks in comparative trials in 2010.
The Army, however, contends that the 62-tonne Arjun, with its excessive weight and width, has poor operational mobility and flexibility. It has also launched a hunt for a "future ready combat vehicle (FRCV)" to meet its requirements after 2027.
Typical Indian will use the words 'bad luck' or whatever to mask their maintenance incompetency. Just short of the sentence ' voodoo sabotage by Chinese'.

Delusion at its best :rofl:

Chinese are in much bigger mess in Tibbet. Ccp cant take 1000s of hans dieing far away from mainland because ccp says so.
what you're saying is Indian lives are trash, they are expendables that matters little when they die in a battlefield. i expect nothing less from piss drinking Indians in this forum

The thread yesterday where all the Sharma's and Patel's were laughing at Chinese tank loosing a wheel in the exercise (yet even with one less wheel still beating India :omghaha:) are no where to be found today. Why?

Anyway this is nothing new from the bollywood Indian armed forces, after all this was the same army that managed to do this while the destroyer was docked. Indian army is literally the laughing stock of the world
ins-betwa-story_647_120616021009.jpg

If it were the tank engines that broke down, shouldn't the responsibility lie with those who supplied the tanks in the first place, i.e. Russia?

If it were the tank engines that broke down, shouldn't the responsibility lie with those who supplied the tanks in the first place, i.e. Russia?
Hi, Russia tank T-90 got no problem while once they sold to India and it got problem? Same as the Kilo Sub which Russian Navy used never will self exploded. While newly refurbished Kilo sub once passed to IN blow up by itself.

I dont think its fair to put the blame on Russian. Its the Indian maintenance crew problem.

Look at the youtube comments :lol:

Its so funny. :rofl:

After Both Tanks Break Down, India Knocked Out Of International Drill
Nineteen teams in total participated in the exercises with the top four entering the final. In the past, India had participated in these games using T-72 tanks provided by the Russian hosts.
All India | Written by Vishnu Som | Updated: August 11, 2017 22:17 IST

indian-army-tank_650x400_51502469038.jpg

An Indian Army T-90 Tank similar to the ones which participated in International Tank Biathlon.

NEW DELHI:
HIGHLIGHTS
  1. Indian Army knocked out of International Tank Biathlon in Russia
  2. Army chose Russian designed T-90 Tank instead of indigenous Arjun tank
  3. India topped the group in earlier round, was seen as strong challenger

The Indian Army has been knocked out of the high-profile international tank biathlon taking place at the Alabino ranges in the Moscow region of Russia after both the main and reserve T-90 main battle tanks developed mechanical problems.

As a result of the breakdown of both tanks, the Indian squad was unable to complete the race and were disqualified. This is a sad end to the competition for the Army's tank crews since they had topped their group in the earlier round and were seen to be strong challengers to win the competition.

Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and China have now entered the final round of the event. Russia and Kazakhstan participated with T-72B3 tanks, Belarus with a modernised T-72 and China sent its indigenous Type 96B. India decided to field its top of the line Russian designed T-90 Main Battle Tank instead of the indigenous Arjun tank which was widely expected to participate at the games this time.

Nineteen teams in total participated in the exercises with the top four entering the final. In the past, India had participated in these games using T-72 tanks provided by the Russian hosts. The Army felt disadvantaged using these tanks and was keen to field its best tanks and best crews. Consequently, two state-of-the-art T-90s were shipped across to Russia for these games.

Each participating team has up to 21 personnel including team members, a coaching crew and a maintenance unit. There are three stages in the competition - all teams participated in the individual race. Twelve teams made it to the semi-finals including India which involved a relay race. The top four teams will also participate in a relay race in the finals.
http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/afte...-out-of-international-drill-1736699?site=full

Hi, Russia tank T-90 got no problem while once they sold to India and it got problem? Same as the Kilo Sub which Russian Navy used never will self exploded. While newly refurbished Kilo sub once passed to IN blow up by itself.

I dont think its fair to put the blame on Russian. Its the Indian maintenance crew problem.

Look at the youtube comments :lol:

Its so funny. :rofl:

Yeah, I am sure the cause of T-90 MBT Breakdown Twice in the same spot.
because, Indian maintenance crew cannot handle their tank good enough, maybe lack of Training and Capability.

we got a few thousand M1A1 in storage we can sell India. how about $2 million each+2 million to upgrade them to M1A2 SepV3

what you're saying is Indian lives are trash, they are expendables that matters little when they die in a battlefield. i expect nothing less from piss drinking Indians in this forum

its too hard for ur feeble mind to comprehend... han chinese has no cause to invade on the other hand Indians has rightous cause not only to protect a weak friend but also stop arrogant ppl from transgressions to Himalayas which are sacred to us.

this is why i am so against the idea of china trying to sell high speed trains to india or any banana republic country. they will crash them trains in less than a week and blame it all on you. bad business.. lol

The thread yesterday where all the Sharma's and Patel's were laughing at Chinese tank loosing a wheel in the exercise (yet even with one less wheel still beating India :omghaha:) are no where to be found today. Why?

Anyway this is nothing new from the bollywood Indian armed forces, after all this was the same army that managed to do this while the destroyer was docked. Indian army is literally the laughing stock of the world
ins-betwa-story_647_120616021009.jpg

They still repairing this but once sea water enter, has to be scrapped

this why i am so against the idea of china trying to sell high speed trains to india or any banana republic country. they will crash them trains in less than a week and blame it all on you. bad business.. lol
Plus I like India to be backwards but keep claiming to be a supapowa. After this Donglang incident, India is enemy of China. They will be fucked harder than a **** slut.

Back
Top Bottom