What's new

Afghan - Iran clashes over Water Rights

Sir I beg to differ. Have heard so much about Irans scientic research but every independant source will tell you this is over stated.

Pakistan has had nuclear tech/rocket tech decades ago. In literally every single field from agriculture, enery, nuclear, defence Pakistan is far ahead of Iran let alone Bangladesh.

What yoy mean to state is that Iran when it comes to literacy rates is ahead of south asian nations. But again Iran has been completely unable to benefit from its supposedly high literacy rate the way every nation has been able to.

Iran is unable to even develope its own tech to extract its oil/gas and hasnt upgraded its decades old oil infrastructure. I am not saying Pakistan is any better but Iran has far far more natural resources than Pak.

If Pakistan had natural resources to the level of Iran we would be a developed nation by now esp with our decent relations with west and china.
Iran build oil and gas infrastructures in Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belarus, Venezuela, Oman, Qatar, Iraq, etc...

Only 3 countries can produce the gas turbines that Iran produces and export to countries like Russia

There are many more examples

It seems you suffer from lack of understanding and knowledge

20230529_201850.jpg

I think it's time for Iran to annex a bit of Afghanistan...

They might have some legitimacy to do so because apparently parts of Afghanistan belonged to the Safavid Empire, though I don't know the details.

Sir I beg to differ. Have heard so much about Irans scientic research but every independant source will tell you this is over stated.

Pakistan has had nuclear tech/rocket tech decades ago. In literally every single field from agriculture, enery, nuclear, defence Pakistan is far ahead of Iran let alone Bangladesh.

What yoy mean to state is that Iran when it comes to literacy rates is ahead of south asian nations. But again Iran has been completely unable to benefit from its supposedly high literacy rate the way every nation has been able to.

Iran is unable to even develope its own tech to extract its oil/gas and hasnt upgraded its decades old oil infrastructure. I am not saying Pakistan is any better but Iran has far far more natural resources than Pak.

If Pakistan had natural resources to the level of Iran we would be a developed nation by now esp with our decent relations with west and china.

Iran has a much smaller and sustainable population than Pakistan.

Pakistan is much too overpopulated for it's size. Ever wondered why our country was much better back in the day?

Cause we had way less people back in the day. Totally correct on Bangladesh. Pakistan is also ahead of it in many other fields than what you just described. It's a big puzzle how the "more educated" Bangladeshis have been studying at Pakistani institutions rather than the other way around.

Exchange programs don't count. Anyhow, Iran has surpassed Pakistan in many areas of conventional defense technology but there are reasons for this.

Last edited:

Pakistani is the second most backward country in the region when it comes to agriculture. Pakistan's agriculture is backwards even by 20th-century standards. If Pakistan had Iran's natural resources, it would have still been a sh*thole. Nigeria is blessed with incredible amounts of natural resources and it continues to be sh*thole. Japan, a country with little to no natural resources became the 2nd largest economy after getting destroyed in WW2. No natural resource is even remotely comparable to a well-educated human resource. I am not a petrochemical expert so I can't comment on your claim about Iran's petrochemical infrastructure. @farok84 is the petrochemical guy on the forum so I request him to kindly verify your claim.

Of course, Pakistan is more scientifically advanced than Bangladesh. Specifically, mention areas of science where Pakistan is more advanced than Iran. Let me remind you that when it comes to material sciences, Iran completely blows every single country in the Middle East and South Asia out of the water and this is one hell of an achievement. Additionally, Iran is ranked eighth in the world for synthetic biology publications, accounting for 2% of all publications worldwide. According to ASPI, an Australian think tank, Iran is also among the top four countries in intelligent materials and bio-fuel science and technology that are coming to the market

Kindly read this article: https://www.aei.org/articles/irans-military-twenty-first-century-technology/

They might have some legitimacy to do so because apparently parts of Afghanistan belonged to the Safavid Empire, though I don't know the details.
All of Afghanistan used to belong to various Persian Empires.

we beat iran at bigger wheat bellies look at our whisky bellied generals.

All of Afghanistan used to belong to various Persian Empires.
That's true.

During Achaemenid, Sassanid, Parthian, Samanid, Saffarid, Tahirid, Safavid, Afsharid and Qajar Empires all of Afghanistan belonged to Iran.

British balkanized Afghanistan Balouchistan Turkmenistan Iranian part of UAE and whole Bahrain

Russians balkanized Armenia Azerbaijan and Georgia

Last edited:
FxOHgRwaIAAesAL

Just sharing for the lols... :lol:
This may sound stupid but imo that’s the only way Taliban can survive united. The differences amongst them and their structure doesn’t allow them to be a proper government. Taliban can only survive if they have something to sell to all their factions and fight over. Fighting Iran will mean influx of dollars to Afghanistan. Already they’re getting like $40 million usd cash a week. But it will be risky since insurgency in Afghanistan it self will start and intensify against Taliban. Even AQ won’t side with Taliban on it. But what if the optimal Taliban and the most profitable Taliban to their leaders is a Taliban that stays waging an insurgency? Who knows maybe this was all by design from when USA was still in the region? Leave behind billions in weapons. Isolate them and force them into submission. Carrot and stick policy. You fight you get dollars and you survive or else you stay isolated and die from starvation?
Anyways, the assassinations of many Taliban commanders by “iskp” don’t seem a coincidence anymore. All had a pattern.
Something else is going on and another great game is being set up.
We just have to wait and see what unfolds.

So capturing a border post is news? the Taliban must have gotten bored of governance and wanted to go back to the thrills of combat.

Afghanistan and Iran are "independent"? do you think before you post? I would think you are a quality and reasonable poster.

Way more independent than Pakistan. They dont have to obey western powers, not change leaders based on whims of foreign powers and can actually have their own foreign policy. I consider a country independent if they can pursue an independent foreign policy, something Pakistanis can only dream of.

If Talibs don’t get support from others, then it may happen. They survived because they always had support of some or the other state/non-state actors.

Iranians do not want this flashpoint on their Eastern flank which is a minor issue. They will iron this out in no time.

They have FAR BIGGER fish to fry at the moment.

Pakistani is the second most backward country in the region when it comes to agriculture. Pakistan's agriculture is backwards even by 20th-century standards. If Pakistan had Iran's natural resources, it would have still been a sh*thole. Nigeria is blessed with incredible amounts of natural resources and it continues to be sh*thole. Japan, a country with little to no natural resources became the 2nd largest economy after getting destroyed in WW2. No natural resource is even remotely comparable to a well-educated human resource. I am not a petrochemical expert so I can't comment on your claim about Iran's petrochemical infrastructure. @farok84 is the petrochemical guy on the forum so I request him to kindly verify your claim.

Of course, Pakistan is more scientifically advanced than Bangladesh. Specifically, mention areas of science where Pakistan is more advanced than Iran. Let me remind you that when it comes to material sciences, Iran completely blows every single country in the Middle East and South Asia out of the water and this is one hell of an achievement. Additionally, Iran is ranked eighth in the world for synthetic biology publications, accounting for 2% of all publications worldwide. According to ASPI, an Australian think tank, Iran is also among the top four countries in intelligent materials and bio-fuel science and technology that are coming to the market

Kindly read this article: https://www.aei.org/articles/irans-military-twenty-first-century-technology/

Nigeria and Pakistan are overpopulated. They have way more fertile climates. Agriculturally India & Bangladesh have more fertile lands, which is also why they're more densely populated.

And yes Iran does have more advanced drones than Pakistan. I wrote, some areas of conventional defense tech.

Iran has a smaller population with more resources. Pakistan on the flip side has more manpower but is still overpopulated.

Nigeria and Pakistan are overpopulated. They have way more fertile climates. Agriculturally India & Bangladesh have more fertile lands, which is also why they're more densely populated.

And yes Iran does have more advanced drones than Pakistan. I wrote, some areas of conventional defense tech.

Iran has a smaller population with more resources. Pakistan on the flip side has more manpower but is still overpopulated.
Overpopulation is no excuse for not being able to develop your human resource. Hong Kong, Singapore, Macau, Belgium, Japan, South Korea, the Netherlands, Taiwan(forgive me for a moment my Chinese friends), Vietnam and Israel are all more overpopulated than Pakistan.

Overpopulation is no excuse for not being able to develop your human resource. Hong Kong, Singapore, Macau, Belgium, Japan, South Korea, the Netherlands, Taiwan(forgive me for a moment my Chinese friends), Vietnam and Israel are all more overpopulated than Pakistan.

No they are not. Who told you? Japan has "more density" because it's cities are designed somewhat more dense.

But in terms of total landmass they have less density, more water resources, more financial support from Americans.

Same for South Korea. They are the size of Punjab but with way less people, more water resources, steady growth, not to mention their economic model is build on a very dangerous tight rope.

Not my cup of tea. Countries like Pakistan need sustainability. Circulating money to deal with unsustainable growth is not the answer, it's just walking on a tight rope.

Pakistan was a semi-developed country back in the way because it had way less people; hence more resources.

It's also very dangerously dependent on a river for it's water resources.

People blamed Pakistan for many years of the ruination in Afghanistan while in reality that people were killing to each other long before USSR invaded Afghanistan which united them and then USA.

Now both USSR and USA are out of picture, they are back to killing to each other and the neighbours. Sometimes the invasion of foreign nations are blessing in disguise which is unfortunate.

Never in a million years. Iranians are highly educated, unlike those cave-dwelling Afghans who have no interest in education. Despite enforcing countless moronic social policies, Iran focuses more on educating its citizens than every single South Asian nation combined. I say this as someone who has nothing but hatred for the Iranian regime. Iran is scientifically way more advanced than Bangladesh let alone Afghanistan.

@RescueRanger @Foinikas @LeGenD

Iran has the capacity to grow astronomically if sanctions are removed.

Back
Top Bottom