What's new

Aero India 2023

All those making fun of India and DRDO and their efforts should understand the reality.

I had years ago mentioned that Pakistan should not take this lightly. Their alliances within the Western defence industry, their consistency of effort and execution, their focus, and their longer arc view on building these capabilities (bringing more tech strengths through their commercial successes in IT), will eventually pay dividends. Now with alignment with their private sector watch this space explode as India becomes a premiere manufacturer of advanced military gear, whereas the Bubus in Pakistan will continue to develop cereals and get their "speed money" from here and there, while squeezing Pakistani private sector out of this field due to their own greed and interests. I have not met one person who does not express they have someone who (nephew, son, uncle) has a company that should "partner". Or conversely give us a POC or we should buy off the shelf. No effort in developing local skills and capability that requires long term investment and patience.

F-35A at Aero India 2023.

Fo1BTPGXgAEE-NY

image courtesy - Livefist

There has neither been any interest expressed in the F-35 by the IAF nor has it been officially offered.
I will be formally offered during Biden Modi meet.

All those making fun of India and DRDO and their efforts should understand the reality.
Chinese threat will keep Indian defence sectors a priority,
And give the size the of India, the scale would be huge, only next to China and US.

Chinese threat will keep Indian defence sectors a priority,
And give the size the of India, the scale would be huge, only next to China and US.
I for one feel that, this is a unsustainable approach over time.
Maybe am wrong but, we should aim for surpassing them, if not we will be just playing catch up.

I for one feel that, this is a unsustainable approach over time.
Maybe am wrong but, we should aim for surpassing them, if not we will be just playing catch up.
Millitary preparedness is mostly dependent on threat perception.
Chinese theat will drive Indias security paradigm but that doesn't mean India has to play catch up all the time, India can also try to surpass Chinese threat but for that will depend on other aspects like our economy and ability to build strong alliances with other like minded countries.

Great info on HLFT 42, HVT answering questions.
Loved that he mentioned, there is a indigenous option too for powerplant, but with a rider 'as and when it gets certified'. So this means that Kaveri still has a chance

Back
Top Bottom