What's new

Aero India 2023

Too costly to maintain plus US would never agree to a TOT or joint production for F35.
Additionally you need the full data set for optimal performance which the US likely doesn't include with export models.
All in all excellent fighter for America but not a very good choice for us. Neither is the SU57 that competent or value for money it's better to invest in a homegrown model with joint development or partnership for components.

No money,no TOT and it will be an expensive paper weight if US decided to sanction India.

I think we have to go all in on the AMCA
Two or three squadrons might not be a bad thing, as Air force desperately needs to keep up with the aimed 40 odd plus squadrons if am not wrong.

Plus Airforce will need to develop SOP's and tactics, and getting F-35's before AMCA comes up might help? I mean for a fifth generation platform here, and don't forget China is already doing this.

I read some incident report, where US planes faced off J-20's I think and were impressed with PLAAF performance. Mentioned they are well on their way, to induct fifth gen platforms and using them well in a excellent way.

2-3 sqdns of F35A as stop gap measure would be great until AMCA is ready, even with all the restrictions and strings attached it would not only bridge capability gap but will even give us technological edge over PLAAF. However to counter them in numbers we would need AMCA.

if US decided to sanction India.

If US sanctions India all our indigenous fighter programs would be seriously delayed without GE engines

Last edited:
2-3 sqdns of F35A as stop gap measure would be great until AMCA is ready, even with all the restrictions and strings attached it would not only bridge gap but give us technological edge over PLAAF. However to counter them in numbers we would need AMCA.

If US sanctions India all our indigenous fighter programs would be seriously delayed without GE engines
Exactly my thoughts, by selecting F-404 and F414 for all 3 indigenous platforms we hedged our bet with USA already.

Better get the best they offer, to make sure they think twice before sanctioning.

Honestly i hope the Navy gets either the F-35B or C. Airforce should stick with Rafales

Compilations of all the stuff and info.

Directed Energy Weapon Pod.

DRDO AEWCS Mk-2
20230212_133017.jpg

HLFT-42

HF-73_schematic_diagram.png
images (10).jpeg

HF-73 a further design of HF-24 Marut. An inspiration for HLFT42.

Last edited:
HLFT-42 will not require CCS approval as HAL is going ahead with its own internal funding for 3 prototypes. Looks like HAL is going to repeat the same procedure they used for HTT-40. First prototype will be ready in three years.

There are some rumors floating that HAL is going to show a scaled model of armed HTT-40.

HLFT-42 will not require CCS approval as HAL is going ahead with its own internal funding for 3 prototypes. Looks like HAL is going to repeat the same procedure they used for HTT-40. First prototype will be ready in three years.

There are some rumors floating that HAL is going to show a scaled model of armed HTT-40.

HAL ain't taking any chances, Hanumanji is on the tail. 😁

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom