What's new

Aero India - 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know whether it was posted here or not.......

Aero India: Industry Eyes Indian Transport, AEW, Tanker and Fighter Prospects

The recent Aero India show was a magnet for many international aerospace companies that are chasing various Indian procurements. In the airlift category, Lockheed Martin delivered the first of six C-130Js that the Indian Air Force (IAF) will use especially for the transport of special forces. The manufacturer signed a joint venture with Tata to produce C-130J airframe parts, amid suggestions that the IAF might buy another six Hercules. The IAF chief said that his service required another 10 Boeing C-17s, in addition to the 10 already ordered.

Northrop Grumman showed a model of the E-2D Advanced Hawkeye. It was reported to be eyeing an IAF request for information for four airborne early warning (AEW) aircraft, despite the indigenous AWACS program for which Embraer is due to rollout the first of three EMB-145 AEW aircraft this month and deliver to India in August for system integration.

The IAF requirement for six new tankers has been re-opened; the incumbent Ilyushin Il-78 (seven are already in service) is now in competition with the Airbus Military A330 MRTT.

In the fighter category, the show was preceded on February 4 by the first flight in Russia of an upgraded IAF MiG-29. MiG is modifying six aircraft, and an IAF depot in India is doing another 57. But there was no news of the long-mooted upgrade for the IAFπs Mirage 2000 fleet. Looking further ahead, India and Russia signed the preliminary design agreement for the Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft on December 21. India is contributing $295 million to the joint project, which is based on the Sukhoi T-50 PAK-FA development.

India already placed an order for 10 C17 and is looking for 10 more???/ Has anybody any news about this ??

I don't know whether it was posted here or not.......

India already placed an order for 10 C17 and is looking for 10 more???/ Has anybody any news about this ??

Da..., forget about MMRCA, this order is at the same level!

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

DSC03753.JPG

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Image%2B%252837%2529.jpg

Image%2B%252838%2529.jpg

Looks good but the bigger question is how ??/ I don't understand what is the necessity to show models and the specifications in-front of the whole world when they only know the words and nothing else. Atleast these idiots should have waited till the first prototype. They could not make a proper 4th gen fighter and now they are dreaming about 5th gen. I just have one question, how they are gonna built this plane if they won't be able to learn enough from FGFA ??// Then who is gonna design AMCA ??

I have seen many post in many threads saying its democracy thats why we reveal everything, its wrong. We have kept so many secret in the names of national security so why not such a critical project. Don't forget about Pokhran, Arihant etc. All those were kept as a secret for more than a decade, so why not this ?/

Looks good but the bigger question is how ??/ I don't understand what is the necessity to show models and the specifications in-front of the whole world when they only know the words and nothing else. Atleast these idiots should have waited till the first prototype. They could not make a proper 4th gen fighter and now they are dreaming about 5th gen. I just have one question, how they are gonna built this plane if they won't be able to learn enough from FGFA ??// Then who is gonna design AMCA ??

I have seen many post in many threads saying its democracy thats why we reveal everything, its wrong. We have kept so many secret in the names of national security so why not such a critical project. Don't forget about Pokhran, Arihant etc. All those were kept as a secret for more than a decade, so why not this ?/

I agree with you, I think sensitive projects like this should be kept behind closed doors. Sometimes I think that the authorities take this whole notion of free media a bit too far.

I agree with you, I think sensitive projects like this should be kept behind closed doors. Sometimes I think that the authorities take this whole notion of free media a bit too far.

Its ridiculous, I think they gave more info on the India 5th gen know then the F-INSAS.:suicide:

Its ridiculous, I think they gave more info on the India 5th gen know then the F-INSAS.
:rofl:

Sometimes I think that the authorities take this whole notion of free media a bit too far.
I think they like the media attention. Haven't they got enough for LCA ??/

Its ridiculous, I think they gave more info on the India 5th gen know then the F-INSAS.:suicide:

Whats the Point in making it secret?? Is it an Indian Invention for the need of Fear that anyone would Copy our Technology??? Well... I certainly dont suppose this has anything to do with secrecy.... There are many other products underway under a different banner...

Well in their defence it was "Aero India 2011" buddy. Let's not get too carried away now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom