What's new

Aero India - 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
CAn any body post F-16 aero india peformance?

havent seen F-18 and F-16 performing at Aero india yet

Last edited by a moderator:

Last edited by a moderator:
20110211234804_rahul.jpg

Some Indian dude with family@aero India

12dhoni1.jpg

12dhoni3.jpg

12dhoni4.jpg

12dhoni2.jpg

Day four of Aero India 2011 had its share of high-profile visitors, including Indian cricket team captain M S Dhoni and actor Shahid Kapoor.

Tata Group Chairman Ratan Tata and Member of Parliament Naveen Jindal had earlier dropped in at the country's largest air show going on at the Yelahanka Air Force in Bengaluru.

Impressions -
- tejas looked powerful but not pushing the envelope as expected
- F18 was a bit slowish in its moves
- Gripen/F16 was very fast in its passes (couldnt take a decent pic due to this, and looked plenty more agile)
- Rafale fell somewhere in between and very beautiful
- F16 and Gripen were both fast and sneaky, almost soundless on approach but growling as it passed you
- Sukhoi was noisy and showed its usual "standing motionless" and 360 tvc rotation thing
- every plane made on slow speed pass to show its handling, in this the f18 was good...almost standing still kind of.

but the EF caught my eye as the most perfect example of fluidic motion, aggression and instability...it made some really low passes and helped by releasing white smoke for most of its routine. clearly an a/c that can do 2 x 360 barrel rolls without even thinking about it....amazing...
its my new favourite mrca plane

Courtesy: Singha ,BR

5437590355_ccca04dd57_z.jpg

KrishG wrote:
Spoke with Mr. Vinod Kumar, Navy Mk-2 Program director.

* There is 5% increase in the intake in the Mk-2. I cannot remember whether he said it was increase in area or diameter. There will be no major changes in the intake shapes for the Mk-2.

* The empty weight of Mk-1 is 6550 kg. He said he expects the Mk-2 empty weight to be
around 125-150 kg more than that of Mk-1. That gives a figure of ~6700 kg

* AESA is NOT included in the Mk-2. He said that LRDE is working on a AESA and was optmistic that they could put it on Mk-2 as a future upgrade. He expects the Mk-2 to have the MMR during the initial batches.

* On the design optimization on Mk-2, he told me to take pictures of the Mk-1 model undercarriage and Mk-2 model's undecarriage and compare them. I'll post the picture I took.

The two bulges on the M-2 undercarriage are indeed MLG housings. He was saying something about the MLG being moved further back in Mk-2 to increase stability (This one point I can't remember properly)

* He did say that the Mk-2 would have additional fuel capacity but didn't mention the exact number of litres.

* I asked why weren't any wingtip pylons added on Mk-2 to which he said that that would require strengthening the wing structure, which has it's own set of complications, and reiterated that the focus of Mk-2 is to optimize the design.

* I thought I noticed an increase in the tail canting. I didn't ask him about this.

thanks to Krish G BR

The Mk2 model are a little premature I think. Design has not been frozen yet.

Another few tidbits

1. Mk2 plan is to have 3 6"x8" AMLCD MFD instead of the 5 now (2xSSID, 3 MFD). With all of the MFDs from Samtel. Currently the centre 3 MFDs are imported with the 2 standby units Indian (hardware and software). Again only a plan.
2. 500 mm length increase behind cockpit will give more room for avionics, its jam packed now and difficult to replace LRUs. DFCC optimization will be done with an all new DFCC with new hardware. FCS will be changed a little.
3. Tejas Mk1 officially cleared to +6G, unofficially reached +6.9G, at AI11 :devil:
4. There are a total of 750 odd combinations of all stores grouped into 30. The most important ones are tested. Nobody does all combinations.
5. Some changes for lightening protection use BARC developed Shape memory alloys. Shrink when heated instead of expanding. Got some gyan here which went over my head, was already saturated with info by this time and I had only moved 3 stalls in 1.5 hours.
6. 20 Tejas on deck + 17 in hanger below for IAC-1. 5 + 10 helos. IAC-1 can take both Mig-29 and Tejas.
7. Flutter tests done with both combat clean configuration and with heavy stores.
8. FCS does asymmetric loads with ease.
9. Twin firing of R-73 done which means after both were fired, the wing was totally clean (without the safety R-60/R-73 missiles)
10. Claimed AF is fine with +8G
11. Flys without the gun

courtesy BR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom